By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Astrobot receives "universal acclaim" on Metacritic, 94

Tagged games:

epicurean said:

This hasn't grabbed me much so far. Lots of levels with no suits and with such a simplistic move set I get bored. Feels a little "paint by numbers" to me. Doesn't help that i just played WuKong and this is such a different genre.

That said, it is created beautifully and runs like a charm. I appreciate it for what it is, but it seems too "simple" for me. I dont want that to sound negative toward the game, its a me problem.

That's sad to hear, the game had me smiling from ear to ear the entire time, it was one of the nicest and heartwarming experiences I've had in many, many years.

How long did you get in the game?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
epicurean said:

This hasn't grabbed me much so far. Lots of levels with no suits and with such a simplistic move set I get bored. Feels a little "paint by numbers" to me. Doesn't help that i just played WuKong and this is such a different genre.

That said, it is created beautifully and runs like a charm. I appreciate it for what it is, but it seems too "simple" for me. I dont want that to sound negative toward the game, its a me problem.

That's sad to hear, the game had me smiling from ear to ear the entire time, it was one of the nicest and heartwarming experiences I've had in many, many years.

How long did you get in the game?

Im still playing it, I haven't given up. I played for about an hour last night and enjoyed it. By no means do I think its a bad game, I just think it might not be the genre for me any longer. I just unlocked the Kratos level (but didnt start it yet). 

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Edge gave it a 10/10.

Even tho Im not loving it, I appreciate it for how well it is put together. I was doing one of the trials last night where you run on top of a rolled up metallic hedgehog(?) and just the sound texture and the gentle rumble in the controller were just so damn pleasing that it didnt bother me I had failed 15 times in a row. Its an EXTREMELY well made game, even if it isnt exactly for me. (And maybe my mind will still change on it, who knows.)

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

the-pi-guy said:

Edge gave it a 10/10.

I'm very surprised, I must say.

But Astro keeps surprising me, so I think I should start believing more in it now, lol.

Edge is very hit and miss with scores, but they rarely give out a 10.

Around the Network

Edge magazine has rated Astro bot 10/10.
With that, Astro bot is now at no.58 ahead of Metroid Prime Remastered and Zelda ocarina of time on metacritic all timers list.

The game is quite close to 95 now, sadly it missed it by just a little like God of War 4 and keep my prediction of no Sony game ever reaching 95 anymore still alive for probably 2 full generations now.

Playing Horizons level really helps me to remember how much I FUCKING HATE MOTION CONTROLS. Terrible level, aiming feels like shit. For such a fluid game I felt like I was fighting against the controller all time

Jeez, this is the level I will never play again in my life

IcaroRibeiro said:

Playing Horizons level really helps me to remember how much I FUCKING HATE MOTION CONTROLS. Terrible level, aiming feels like shit. For such a fluid game I felt like I was fighting against the controller all time

Jeez, this is the level I will never play again in my life

You could just aim with the right stick?

I didn't even realize the game aim adjusts with motion controls until you mentioned it. 

You can also completely turn it off in accessibility settings. 

Last edited by the-pi-guy - 3 hours ago

The one thing I wish was added was the ability to at least lower the volume on the controller. I have the PS5 in the bedroom and once the Mrs is ready to go to bed, my evening of playing Astro Bot is over lol