By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Concord is Sony's biggest failure in gaming history.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Hogwarts, Wukong, stellar blade, first descendant

Vs.

Concord, dustborn, suicide squad

One group rejected the writing consultants despite them trying to "terrify them" and they benefited greatly with their success largely attributed to staying out of the culture war bs. The other decided to go full boar into and we see the result.

How ironic.

‘Hogwarts Legacy’ Debuts First Transgender Character Of The ‘Harry Potter’ Franchise

If the exact same Hogwarts game came out and bombed, I guarantee you would have had it in your second list.

Suicide Squad is the only game in the list that had SBI.

Plenty of successful games also had SBI as consultants. 

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

Didn't SBI also threaten Gamescience that if they don't pay $7mil to SBI for thier 'services' then they will drag the game through mud via journalism?

Who is SBI to consult a Chinese dev on their own culture? Ridiculous!

So something sounds ridiculous to you, but you believe it anyways? 

chakkra said:

Game flops:

"Why aren't people buying this game?"

Gamers: "Well, I didn't buy it because this and that"

"Hmm..  nah..  you are just in a loud minority"

Next flop comes in:

Who is this gamer representative who speaks for the hundreds of millions of gamers all across the political spectrum, the world?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Concord sort of reminds me of Bleeding Edge...

Anyway I think they need to make it F2P ASAP...They can't hope to compete with these massive F2P titles as a $40 title...

But even that won't save it I don't think...But it's worth a shot, something needs to be done.

I've been saying for a couple of days now people jump to red fall but this is more comparable to Bleeding Edge. Not that I saw a lot of it but BE reminded me of a worse version of Anarchy Reigns which is underrated. Not PG's best game but still fun.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

chakkra said:

Game flops:

Gamers: "Well, I didn't buy it because this and that"

"Hmm..  nah..  you are just in a loud minority"

Next flop comes in:

Who is this gamer representative who speaks for the hundreds of millions of gamers all across the political spectrum, the world?

Nope. Every gamer speaks for him/herself. It is the publisher´s job to gather all the data available to determine which audience has the most players in it, and market their games to the specific audience they are trying to attract; but I will cut them some slack though, I can totally see how, in today's landscape, it has become increasingly more difficult to determine where exactly the "loud minority" really is.

smroadkill15 said:

Ehh, Sony is allowed to have a flop here and there. Same as anyone else. It's really the only way to learn from mistakes.

I mean, sure, they are allowed, they definitely are big enough to tank it. It's still a massive loss, more than 100 million dollars, plus 8 years of development, plus all the years they are contractually obligated to keep this alive (which I assume they'll try to cut as short as possible, but at least a year more for sure). For a game completely dead on arrival. This is going to make heads at Sony roll.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

One of the game's devs called those criticizing Concord "talentless freaks"

Around the Network

Dumb thing to say but should be noted it's a former developer, they now work at PUBG Corp and haven't worked at Firewalk since March 2024.

They don't represent Firewalk Studio.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 August 2024

There's too many game to play online, shooters and free to play. How do they expect to capture an audience that is split between them, the likes of rts , shoooters, and say palworld. They need to really stand out .

curl-6 said:

One of the game's devs called those criticizing Concord "talentless freaks"

Well, they didn't call those criticising it freaks, they were specific about those "who are hating on it", and I agree. Calling a game WOKE isn't criticism, a trolling campaign has been attached to the game since its reveal because characters have pronouns in their bio? It's not hard to get a sense where this frustrated dev, likely to lose their job sooner than later, is coming from. 

Non of this changes the fact that is one of the biggest flops of all time, a case to be studied for sure. 

Concord is a flop, sure, but Sony's biggest failure, really?

They lost billions of dollars with the PS3. The Vita killed their handheld lineup. Talk about hyperbole lmao.

RedKingXIII said:

Concord is a flop, sure, but Sony's biggest failure, really?

They lost billions of dollars with the PS3. The Vita killed their handheld lineup. Talk about hyperbole lmao.

At this point can add PSVR2 with PSVita.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!