By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Concord is Sony's biggest failure in gaming history.

If they have released the same game with Sony mascots and characters instead and called it "Sony Battleground" or similar it would have drawn more attention

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

If they have released the same game with Sony mascots and characters instead and called it "Sony Battleground" or similar it would have drawn more attention

I don't think they should need to do that. Sony has some of the best advertising and marketing in the industry. They are very capable of hyping a game without leaning on a crossover concept?

If Sony decides to shutter the studio. They should just assign them to other projects/studios rather than layoffs. Tho not sure this dude at Firewalk will ever be able to afford a decent wig.  RIPEPORONI this mans dreams of affording a better hair piece.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

But remember everyone, Sony can take risks like this but can't revive IPs like
-Twisted Metal
-Infamous
-Killzone
-Resistance
-Sly Cooper
-Jak & Daxter
-Ape Escape
And the list goes on and on.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

-Twisted Metal
-Infamous
-Killzone
-Resistance
-Sly Cooper
-Jak & Daxter
-Ape Escape

Still want OMEGA BOOST Remake and Wild Arms revival.  I'm not a fan of the game but people have been begging Sony for a patch or remaster of Bloodborne. Sony ignores them.

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

-Twisted Metal
-Infamous
-Killzone
-Resistance
-Sly Cooper
-Jak & Daxter
-Ape Escape

I don't like the direction Sony've gone. I loved any single game in your list, but what to do, now we have Concord...

I'm sad.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:

I was never happy when I heard about this Concord, and I always had a bad feeling about it. By the way, it's not the first time this happens.
Hopefully Sony will make some announcements in the near future, about new games and/or new IPs. I'm planning to buy a PS5 PRO, so,

please Sony, impress me with something :D

Give Stellar Blade a go. It's fantastic.

10x lower concurrent player count on Steam than Redfall, ouch. I don't see the developer surviving this, will likely be the next Sony studio to close down.

pikashoe said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I don't think they should need to do that. Sony has some of the best advertising and marketing in the industry. They are very capable of hyping a game without leaning on a crossover concept?

No amount of marketing can salvage a game with no interesting visuals or concept. If this was a Hero Shooter with famous characters from their other gaming IPs they at least would have a selling point to the fans of said franchises

IcaroRibeiro said:
pikashoe said:

No amount of marketing can salvage a game with no interesting visuals or concept. If this was a Hero Shooter with famous characters from their other gaming IPs they at least would have a selling point to the fans of said franchises

Didn't help PlayStation All-Stars.