By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The meltdown of Wii haters continues

Why so much hate? People fear what they don't understand. I think a lot of 'core' gamers/journalists are concerned that Wii and WiiFit will expand the market so much, and dominate the market so much that soon the market will no longer be recgonizable to them. It'll no longer cater to them.

To an extent that is true. This article's main point is also true. The HD systems and Wii are on different paths. Core games will continue on the HD systems and fun/lifestyle games will continue on Wii. Of course I don't think the divid will be that black and white but that is the direction we're headed.

The real thought behind all these attacks is: Is the Wii destroying gaming? The answer is of course NO. But it is changing the face of gaming. Many will hate that but then it's already happened before and will happen again. Welcome to life.

Around the Network

@gamerace,

There is some truth in the article, no doubt. But like all good trolls the excellence of their craft lies in presenting your irrational position in a way that seems rational. Or another way of putting it is that the stuff he got right is no reason to ignore how completely off base he is about everything else.

To Each Man, Responsibility

This isn't very bad compared to some of the other articles bashing the Wii I have read. It is at least moderately accurate.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Sqrl said:
@gamerace,

There is some truth in the article, no doubt. But like all good trolls the excellence of their craft lies in presenting your irrational position in a way that seems rational. Or another way of putting it is that the stuff he got right is no reason to ignore how completely off base he is about everything else.

You're absolutely right and I make mention of only his main point just because of that.  So many of these articles this week are filled with thinly veil hate for the Wii and what it represents. 

LOL I always love people explaining the Wii bc no one seems to truly understand it.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

If you don't like the Wii, you don't like the Wii. No big deal. No one will force you to like it. No need to start XXXX threads about it.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
__XBrawlX__ said:
Hopefully Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 3, and Disaster: DoC will use the Wii's strengths in brand new ways... We'll have to wait and see...

A little optimistic eh? especially when non of those games have been announced and the only game err weight loss device the wii has to look foward to is wiifit after that then what? third party support or non support will hurt the wii not help it.

@blueocelot,

/sigh another "zomg whats after wii fit?!? lawl!!" argument? As I pointed out in another thread recently Nintendo keeps things close to the vest and they have for quite some time. Back in summer of '07 we had the "zomg whats after Metroid?!? lawl" argument...then we had the "zomg whats after SMG?!? lawl" argument...and brawl and fit...Ironically most of the time we do have an idea of whats coming. For example I'm expecting the following games to be added to the "zomg whats after _____?!? lawl" argument list:

Monster Lab
Monster Hunter
FF:CC:MLAK
Alone in the Dark
World of Goo
Lost Winds
de Blob
Brothers In Arms
FF: CD
Star Wars: TFU
Ghostbusters
Mushroom Men
Sam & Max
Deadly Creatures
Tales of Symphonia
Disaster Day of Crysis
FF: CC: Chrystal Bearers
Sonic Unleashed

And those are just the announced "gamer" games (not all are dated but a lot are) and they are only the games on my list of games that I'm personally looking forward to. So there are actually more than this...and most of these are are tentatively scheduled for this year with the exception of the last two iirc.

But as I said above Nintendo keeps things close to the vest so E3 will likely have some announcements about Nintendo's lineup for the second half of the year which will of course only add to this list.

But thanks for your uninformed comments anyways~

To Each Man, Responsibility

Im getting tired of all these pointless blogs against the Wii, not because it offense me but they are boring, and annoying.

To consider GTA 4 the biggest hardcore game show how retarded he is. It really doesn`t matter in the end, clueless people never get it.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

The anti-Nintendo, anti-M$, anti-Sony movements as they gain strength they become the better consoles so ppl are more fearful. The Wii is now the people who h8 it are of the thinking that the Wii will kill gaming and well to be honest there are too many similar games in the sense that they all appear the same when each is in a certain genre.

"Like you know"