By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The meltdown of Wii haters continues

disolitude said:
I don't know about this one...I don't see it as wii hate but as close to facts as you can get. Other than the "3rd parties don't sell" comment.

I 100% agree with this paragraph...

"Movement based controls are fun, but we’ve yet to see them used in a truly innovative way. But then, why should developers bother to work on such complexities when the average Wii user just wants to wave their arms about for twenty minutes? Anyone who still believes these magical games for gamers are going to materialize need to take the rose tinted glasses off and face up to the facts - Nintendo have been sailing their ship in a different direction for some time, and they’re showing no intention of turning it around any time in the near future…"

That's funny, because I thought every sentence in that paragraph was BS.

Around the Network

this article isn't soo bad. i'd be perfectly happy if there was never another gta/shooter made ever again. then again, i'm not such a bitter person to resent the fact that not everyones taste in video games perfectly matches mine. i'll just go play my super mario galaxy, wii sports, wii fit, zack and wiki, ect of games i like.

Aw, I thought this thread was going to be about melting Wii haters down.

I'm sad now. 

disolitude said:
I don't know about this one...I don't see it as wii hate but as close to facts as you can get. Other than the "3rd parties don't sell" comment.

"Movement based controls are fun, but we’ve yet to see them used in a truly innovative way. But then, why should developers bother to work on such complexities when the average Wii user just wants to wave their arms about for twenty minutes? Anyone who still believes these magical games for gamers are going to materialize need to take the rose tinted glasses off and face up to the facts - Nintendo have been sailing their ship in a different direction for some time, and they’re showing no intention of turning it around any time in the near future…"

I find it a bit strange that you talk about facts and then quote one of the paragraphs filled with the most BS. Waving arms around for twenty minutes? Can someone cite a single game that fits this? As much as Chicken Shoot and Ninjabread Man get bashed, even these games don't fit this description.

This isn't even mentioning the fact that half of the 'article' is just the writer giving GTA4 oral sex.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

__XBrawlX__ said:
disolitude said:

Is this a fact? Because I only like motion controls for certain aspects of games...  And the Casuals also get tired of it after a while, so I'd have to dissagree with this...

I like when wii tosses in motion controlls too every once in a while and keeps it old school the rest of the time. Mario Strikers was amazing because of this... But not may 3rd party games I've played do this properly I find.

Plus the games that usually sell huge are the ones where users just shake their hand like a cerebral palsy victim. So why would 3rd party companies bother trying to figure out how to use the wii controller to its full potential when they can make you shake it a bit and sell 4 million. (M&S)

Around the Network

The irony is that with all the criticism of the wii, the machine still vastly outsells all other consoles.

While most criticise that companies have been unable to churn out good games for the wii, it is other systems which have been unable to innovate, incapable of benefiting from great power of he 360 and ps3 consoles to make great games.
If you don't like sport games or shooters, and rather use your brains a little and want to have fun, well there are few games on other consoles to choose from. Some argue that the wii is a virus. The only reason to justify this is because the wii is forcing companies to think up new innovative ideas, or the games will flop, rather than churning out an upgrade of the same game for ten years.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Sherlock99 said:
wow there is so much wii hate today why?

They're trying to bring the Titan down... in vain...

disolitude said:

Here's the thing.  He states right off the bat in that paragraph that we haven't seen them used in "a truly innovative way."  The problem arguing that is it's so relative.  What is innovative to one person isn't so to another.  I could sit here and argue all day about how it helped create the definitive RE4 control scheme, how FPS and FPA like MOH:H2 and MP3 benefited greatly from the new controls, but it would be useless as anybody could just come by and brush it off by saying "it's not truly innovative". 

Another line: "Anyone who still believes these magical games for gamers are going to materialize..."

At this point no I don't believe games for gamers are going to materialize on the Wii.  THEY ALREADY HAVE!  It was one thing complaining a year ago about Wii not having enough quality games but now there are plenty of fun games that appeal to hardcore gamers.  Just a few days back we had trouble suggesting games for rocketpig's niece because several of the stereotypical "kiddie" games were more difficult than what people who haven't played them would lead you to believe.  You also have games like Fire Emblem and Trauma Center being marked down in reviews for being too difficult.

At this point if you're a gamer complaining that there aren't any games for you on the Wii you're not looking hard enough.   

I don't look at all the hate as such a bad thing. The iPod got a ton of hate press from the techies. If anything, it helped sales.

ClaudeLv250 said:
disolitude said:

I find it a bit strange that you talk about facts and then quote one of the paragraphs filled with the most BS. Waving arms around for twenty minutes? Can someone cite a single game that fits this? As much as Chicken Shoot and Ninjabread Man get bashed, even these games don't fit this description.

This isn't even mentioning the fact that half of the 'article' is just the writer giving GTA4 oral sex.

I haven't played every wii game but the ones I played that do this are Mortal Kombat Armageddon (horribly bad), Sega tennis, M&S Olympics, Wii sports (best wii game to me), Red Steel, Mario Party 8, Carnival games...can't think of any others. In any case, most of these games are designed to pay like this and they work fine...but one must admit that No More Heroes is much better with much better controlls than any of the games i listed yet it will never come close to sales to most of those games. Why? Because the main wii gamer likes to shake his hand at the screen...