By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Biggest step forward for gaming in the 21st century

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

You're entitled to your opinion, you just don't get to shit on other people's opinions or to use the topic as a proxy to shit on Nintendo.

This thread if for people to share their perspectives. There is no right or wrong answer.

lmao how did i shit on nintendo? by stating facts? This thread would have made more sense if it was about what's the coolest new thing about gaming in the 21st century but you asked what the biggest step foward. online gaming has basically taken over the industry in the 21st century.

Just one page ago you were lying about "nobody plays online shooters on Switch" which then transformed into "only one game and in only one region" both of which are false.

Meanwhile, in the cyberpunk graphics thread, you seem to understand "it's a matter of opinion" all too well when Pemalite calls out your nonsense: 

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/248375/can-graphics-be-too-real-cyberpunk-hyper-real-demo/4/

Around the Network

While you could play Doom and SFII and more games online using Xband on SNES. Dreamcast launched in 1998-1999 with a built-in modem and a big marketing point for SEGA was online play. DC had the first console MMO. Sports games early on showed online competitive play. While SEGA planned a Saturn variant with a modem built in. Only prototypes exist. Still had to use Xband if you wanted to go online so in a game like Saturn Bomberman you could go online. Battle Royal 90s style.

Dreamcast offered DLC for console games (tho N64 DD did as well) for Sonic Adventure. Skies of Arcadia and more. If you think Ubisoft making physical games useless is a new idea. PoD on DC is almost worthless now without servers. Online has been both a gift and a curse. A gift in the wonderful things it can benefit gaming and a curse for how publishers now abuse it like Gaas. Ubisoft requiring online for SP games. Epic Launchers on console. Same with Bethesda. MTX.

Where online flourishes is Co-Op which is great. Competitive play. Tho another feature I like with online. PS5 offers this. Last year I was struggling in a couple parts of a game. I handed my controller to a friend across the country and I watched him play my game. That was cool. When used right online is one of the best things to evolve this centry. Sadly it's mostly been used for greedy bullshit.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

lmao how did i shit on nintendo? by stating facts? This thread would have made more sense if it was about what's the coolest new thing about gaming in the 21st century but you asked what the biggest step foward. online gaming has basically taken over the industry in the 21st century.

Just one page ago you were lying about "nobody plays online shooters on Switch" which then transformed into "only one game and in only one region" both of which are false.

Meanwhile, in the cyberpunk graphics thread, you seem to understand "it's a matter of opinion" all too well when Pemalite calls out your nonsense: 

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/248375/can-graphics-be-too-real-cyberpunk-hyper-real-demo/4/

Ok so switch has one online shooter which is  poplular on switch, thats not saying much and certantly not something that you could use evidence  as being huge becuase it's not. like when you compare the number of players on PC and other consoles playing FPS online switch is not even in the same ball park this is just facts here. you asked for the biggets step forward and using something that's niche.

what's pemalite calling me out? There is massive of number of gamers not impressed by the graphical leap from consoles in the 9th gen. it's common opinion and  even developers working on spidrman 2 said you need to work 3k as hard to get 10% better looking game that most people won't notice and all i said is it's really coming down to art style when it comes to what people think is the best looking game and even proved with a poll from a forum with the biggest graphics whores.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 21 August 2024

Online is a good answer because it has taken off. It isn't my answer because online has all but killed couch coop with is tragic.

I'm still going with VRR displays. The display matching fps perfectly is awesome.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Ok so switch has one online shooter which is  poplular on switch, thats not saying much and certantly not something that you could use evidence  as being huge becuase it's not. like when you compare the number of players on PC and other consoles playing FPS online switch is not even in the same ball park this is just facts here. you asked for the biggets step forward and using something that's niche.

So you admit you were lying before, then you move the goalposts and lie again. It's okay to just say you dislike motion controls, you don't need to make shit up.

The topic post states: "What's your pick for the biggest step forward, and what makes your choice worthy of the top spot in your opinion?"

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 August 2024

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

So you admit you were lying before, then you move the goalposts and lie again. It's okay to just say you dislike motion controls, you don't need to downplay everything you dislike.

The topic post states: "What's your pick for the biggest step forward, and what makes your choice worthy of the top spot in your opinion?"

zeldaring's opinions are all facts. You just gotta deal with it

Pinkie_pie said:
curl-6 said:

So you admit you were lying before, then you move the goalposts and lie again. It's okay to just say you dislike motion controls, you don't need to downplay everything you dislike.

"Nobody on Switch plays online shooters"

Splatoon 2 - Over 10 million

Splatoon 3 - Over 10 million

Fortnite - Over 10 million in its first few months

curl-6 said:
Pinkie_pie said:

• 46.8% of Fortnite’s overall revenue was generated from PlayStation 4 from March 2018 to July 2020. At the same time, Xbox One contributed towards the generation of 27.5% of the game’s revenue. Besides, the remaining 18.7% of revenue share was generated by Nintendo Switch, Android, and PC.  

My dude nothing about my statement was wrong. Nobody is playing online shooters on switch, you can only name one shooter that's popular online on switch in japan. Splatoon 3 has around 53,624 active monthly users for god's sake. I'm sorry if facts made you upset but its just not where gamers play shooters online.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

• 46.8% of Fortnite’s overall revenue was generated from PlayStation 4 from March 2018 to July 2020. At the same time, Xbox One contributed towards the generation of 27.5% of the game’s revenue. Besides, the remaining 18.7% of revenue share was generated by Nintendo Switch, Android, and PC.  

My dude nothing about my statement was wrong. Nobody is playing online shooters on switch, you can only name one shooter that's popular online on switch in japan. Splatoon 3 has around 53,624 active monthly users for. I'm sorry if facts made you upset but its just not where gamers play shooters online.

Moving the goalposts is an admission that your original statement was untrue.

https://gamerant.com/half-nintendo-switch-owners-downloaded-fortnite/ Nearly half of all Switch owners downloaded Fortnite in its first four months on the platform. That's not "nobody".

If you'd just said that online shooters were more popular on PC and PS5, then nobody would disagree. Just give the console warring a rest.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

My dude nothing about my statement was wrong. Nobody is playing online shooters on switch, you can only name one shooter that's popular online on switch in japan. Splatoon 3 has around 53,624 active monthly users for. I'm sorry if facts made you upset but its just not where gamers play shooters online.

Moving the goalposts is an admission that your original statement was untrue.

https://gamerant.com/half-nintendo-switch-owners-downloaded-fortnite/ Nearly half of all Switch owners downloaded Fortnite in its first four months on the platform. That's not "nobody".

If you'd just said that online shooters were more popular on PC and PS5, then nobody would disagree. Just give the console warring a rest.

oh come on you should no that nobody doesn't actually mean nobody of course there are people playing online it's just not a platform that's popular for online shooters cause its too weak, and almost all the popular online FPS didn't even come out on it. Even when playing FN its a huge disadvantage cause of being 30fps. Just saying gyro did not get great feedback where the vast majority of FPS are being played so i would not consider it as one of the biggest step for gaming when the vast majority of fps shooters are ignoring it, and it's not getting great feedback where the vast majority of those games are being played.

Also stop being overly defensive we are just discussing the topic. I feel like if we are gonna talk about the biggest step forward in gaming in a century we should be talking about something that universally loved, not well i think this is cool imo.