By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that are pure dopamine blasts.

The most dopamine heavy title is...

Diablo series 2 14.29%

Path of Exile 0 0%

Destiny series 2 14.29%

World of War craft 1 7.14%

Final Fantasy 14 online 1 7.14%

Elder Scrolls online 0 0%

Warframe 0 0%

Runescape 0 0%

Minecraft 0 0%

Other in comments 8 57.14%

Total:14

I thinking the Diablo 4's, the Destiny like looters shooters or MMO's like FF14 but in other genres. Is there dopamine blast games outside of the usual genres that you think of when you think of dopamine. I know the souls games can have some of but it's not constant dopamine as with the others. 

Any titles come to mind? Someone mentioned CIV 6 BUT I can never keep a game going after a certain point cause I fall off for some reason or another. I found Divinity OS2's loot system to be extremely dopamine heavy. Any others?

Dopamine heavy doesn't mean brain dead gameplay like diablo can devolve into. Just FYI. 

Around the Network

The Doom reboots definitely come to mind. Maybe Hi Fi Rush and Devil May Cry series as well. Oh and the Left 4 Dead series.

Civilization series are absolutely dopamine blasts when you really get into them. For me, Destiny raids and dungeons were the pinnacle though.

I find that Metroidvanias are the best source of dopamine in gaming. To plagiarize myself: there’s something innately satisfying about the genre's incremental progression, grid-based exploration, and omnipresent, motivational feeling of discovery.

Playing SEGA Saturn/Dreamcast games and arcades in general.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

G2ThaUNiT said:

The Doom reboots definitely come to mind. Maybe Hi Fi Rush and Devil May Cry series as well.

Civilization series are absolutely dopamine blasts when you really get into them. For me, Destiny raids and dungeons were the pinnacle though.

Oh, yeah. Doom Eternal was just a blast of brain chemicals. Pity about the platforming though, it broke the flow terribly. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

The Doom reboots definitely come to mind. Maybe Hi Fi Rush and Devil May Cry series as well.

Oh, yeah. Doom Eternal was just a blast of brain chemicals. Pity about the platforming though, it broke the flow terribly. 

Agreed. Although that does seem to be getting addressed with the upcoming Dark Ages!

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I find that Metroidvanias are the best source of dopamine in gaming. To plagiarize myself: there’s something innately satisfying about the genre's incremental progression, grid-based exploration, and omnipresent, motivational feeling of discovery.

Oh yeah, come to think of it they are. There's a "free" one out on PS+, I downloaded it now coincidentally called Ender Lillies The knights quites. Looks like a mix of Hollow knight and ori. Any experience?

Leynos said:

Eh, They're more souls like, where your putting in the coin cause you want to succeed. They don't blast you with dopamine cause then they'd never get the coins out of ya. They're "chasing the dragon" games. 

The upcoming Warhammer 40K: Space Marine 2 definitely looks to be a huge dopamine blast!

LegitHyperbole said:
Leynos said:

Eh, They're more souls like, where your putting in the coin cause you want to succeed. They don't blast you with dopamine cause then they'd never get the coins out of ya. They're "chasing the dragon" games. 

They relax me. That era of gaming is pure utopian bliss

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!