By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July Circana (NPD) 2024 Thread + Predictions

Imagine what GTA6 is gonna do for consoles, and finally the switch is finally falling off. switch 2 taking too long is really killing the momentum for Nintendo.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:

Imagine what GTA6 is gonna do for consoles, and finally the switch is finally falling off. switch 2 taking too long is really killing the momentum for Nintendo.

Switch still have a couple of big releases, but at this point, I'm not sure how much it can help. It would be great if Switch 2 were to be released later this year to take advantage of the holidays while Switch 1 is fading. I don't know what's Nintendo plan.

Xbox did really good this month, let's see how the holidays are going to play out.

Since I don't know the reasons why some months get delayed, I can't really make any statement.

With the one exception that it's always a bit disappointing knowing new data won't come along for over a whole month.

Putting this aside, I am really over-whelmed by all July numbers. This is great, especially for Xbox and Playstation.

I am actually pumped up even more now for the last quarter of this year. Can't wait for October, November and December.

Xbox has a pretty decent line-up. And Playstation is still rumored to announce the Pro, not to mention what their marketing plans all around their 30th anniversary will look like, maybe even flanked by a Showcase and a price drop for PS5 Slim models.

I am excited!

EDIT:

Congrats to the near perfect accuracy of all your estimates @trunkswd & team of VGC! It's amazing!

Last edited by Panicradio - on 21 August 2024

Seems like the College Football game was really popular this year. I'm not sure why this version of the game is so popular compared to earlier years though.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Seems like the College Football game was really popular this year. I'm not sure why this version of the game is so popular compared to earlier years though.

There's a been a long break. The last College Football game by EA was NCAA Football 14. So this is the first one they've done in 11 years.

As a European I have no idea what the massive difference is between College Football and NFL but there we go.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Switch still have a couple of big releases, but at this point, I'm not sure how much it can help. It would be great if Switch 2 were to be released later this year to take advantage of the holidays while Switch 1 is fading. I don't know what's Nintendo plan.

Xbox did really good this month, let's see how the holidays are going to play out.

I mean, it's the first generational transition of the current CEO and Nintendo has a story of messing them up so I get why they are being very cautious about it. No pandemic or easy ports of Wii U titles to help them this time around.

Still, damn, I want that 3D Mario already.

If I remember correctly last month Switch was 1.1 million behind PS2 in the US. So now only 850K? It looks like it's going to catch it in 5-6 months.

Zippy6 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

There's a been a long break. The last College Football game by EA was NCAA Football 14. So this is the first one they've done in 11 years.

As a European I have no idea what the massive difference is between College Football and NFL but there we go.

I didn't realize there was a long break.  I can say that College Football is extremely popular in certain parts of the US like the South East and Rustbelt regions.

My uncle bought a PS5 just for the College Football game. People gotta realize casuals on PS and XB tend to be sports fans.