By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your personal, single best game of all time.

The Winner is...

The Witcher 3 4 9.52%

Not the Witcher 3. (Comment) 38 90.48%

Total:42
UnderwaterFunktown said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Just got in on the Tales games with Arise (loved it) and have a choice of going with Berseria, Vesperia Remastered, Zeteria or Symphonia Remastered all for "free" on PS+ Catalogue, after I have some breathing room. What makes Symphonia your top choice? Everyone says Vesperia. 

Mainly the story and characters that are unparalelled, along with the best designed dungeons I would say though that's a minor thing. It also has a unique feeling to it, I think the best way to describe it to someone who hasn't played it is that it's basicly the JRPG version of Avatar: The Last Airbender (in terms of feeling, not story specifics)

Edit: Btw if anybody knows other games that feel like that I'm all ears (JRPG or otherwise).

Double post

Around the Network
UnderwaterFunktown said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Just got in on the Tales games with Arise (loved it) and have a choice of going with Berseria, Vesperia Remastered, Zeteria or Symphonia Remastered all for "free" on PS+ Catalogue, after I have some breathing room. What makes Symphonia your top choice? Everyone says Vesperia. 

Mainly the story and characters that are unparalelled, along with the best designed dungeons I would say though that's a minor thing. It also has a unique feeling to it, I think the best way to describe it to someone who hasn't played it is that it's basicly the JRPG version of Avatar: The Last Airbender (in terms of feeling, not story specifics)

Edit: Btw if anybody knows other games that feel like that I'm all ears (JRPG or otherwise).

Cool. I'll keep it in mind although it looks a bit aged even in the remaster. I can't think of many, I'm light on JRPG knowledge but Star Ocean Second Story R springs to mind based on what I've seen of Symphonia. 

85% of people in that poll are uncultured. It's sad to see.

If re4 2005 has the same mainstream and internet access way back in 2005 it would've won all the awards easy

LegitHyperbole said:
Farsala said:

World of Warcraft at launch.

You want your solo rpg? That's fine you can basically mess around by yourself if you want.

You want multiplayer? Also fine, plenty of content for multiplayer.

Lots of secrets, a massive world, tons of content, the perfect fantasy RPG. You can become guild leader or raid leader as well and learn some people/ life skills. The game was challenging when everything wasn't so freely available to everyone. All the classes are fun. PVE and PVP are vastly different skills.

I quit during Warlords of Draenor, and came back to WoW classic and quit again. Came back for Wotlk classic and Season of Discovery last year and quit again. The game is still fun and still completely worth playing. But my decision to save time and experience more of life is also valid. Basically searching for that game that can surpass it.

Have you tried FF14, I know it's more JRPG but it does everything WOW did but more refined and in a MUCH tighter experience plus the community is actually there unlike the toxic mess WOW is now, it retained that sense of community and people will actually help you, plus it's so much easier to meet people on it and you can main all classes on one account. It evolved the MMO RPG genres and is basically the only MMO that is left that is any good. I haven't been on for the last Expansion "Endwalker" or the one releasing now "Dawntrial" so I can't vouch for it past Shadow bringers but man, if you take the time with that game and don't rush it, play it like a single player RPG it's wildly impressive in that right alone and if you wanna skip all the story and B line straight to end game (although it'll take a while without a paid skip) it allows for that and you can get that sweaty WOW min/max, be elite with no room for error but in this case, it's fun to PUG cause the community is so nice. I never really played WoW to that degree but I know enough to know FF14 is better in almost every way.  

Of course I have played FF14. But it doesn't compare to WoW at launch. I even prefer single player FF to FF14. WoW at launch on the other hand is the best game ever.

Around the Network

Hades. Probably Hades. Breath is up there, all the souls games, but Hades is just something.

Witcher 3, I got 20 hours in, and just stopped playing. It never grabbed me like it did most. Still want to give it more time at some point.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Farsala said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Have you tried FF14, I know it's more JRPG but it does everything WOW did but more refined and in a MUCH tighter experience plus the community is actually there unlike the toxic mess WOW is now, it retained that sense of community and people will actually help you, plus it's so much easier to meet people on it and you can main all classes on one account. It evolved the MMO RPG genres and is basically the only MMO that is left that is any good. I haven't been on for the last Expansion "Endwalker" or the one releasing now "Dawntrial" so I can't vouch for it past Shadow bringers but man, if you take the time with that game and don't rush it, play it like a single player RPG it's wildly impressive in that right alone and if you wanna skip all the story and B line straight to end game (although it'll take a while without a paid skip) it allows for that and you can get that sweaty WOW min/max, be elite with no room for error but in this case, it's fun to PUG cause the community is so nice. I never really played WoW to that degree but I know enough to know FF14 is better in almost every way.  

Of course I have played FF14. But it doesn't compare to WoW at launch. I even prefer single player FF to FF14. WoW at launch on the other hand is the best game ever.

Must have been fun. Did Classic give the same experience or come close to the one you got in 2004?

Halo combat evolved or FF9

LegitHyperbole said:
Farsala said:

Must have been fun. Did Classic give the same experience or come close to the one you got in 2004?

It was fun to go through again and understand the lore more clearly. But it wasn't quite the same, the addiction wasn't there anymore.

God of Wa 2018
They took an already great character and changed him so much that I have to remind myself it is the same guy. Yet every single thing feels earned and like believable progress in what has to be gamings most epic character ark.
It is the best story in gaming. And the best gameplay too. It is the most beautifully realised setting and the most epic setpieces too. Nothing ever gave me the same sense of adventure. I truly think that it will take a very long time (if it ever happens) that something could ever top this.

Ragnarok was not just meh, but almost painfully bad. Yet I cannot wait to see what comes next for Kratos.