By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your personal, single best game of all time.

The Winner is...

The Witcher 3 4 9.52%

Not the Witcher 3. (Comment) 38 90.48%

Total:42

I'm sure loads of these threads get made and people here might be sick of them but I'm fairly new here. I'm go first and pull partially from a comment in another thread.

The Witcher 3 should have held the crown. [Game Informers top 100] Still very few games have reached the level of exceptionalism in all aspects of how a game is crafted as that game achieved. Usually there is something that disappoints or flaws to over look but with TW3 (after they fixed the launch issues) it's simply perfect in every area like the music, art, atmosphere, story, cutscenes, freedom, choice, graphics, VA, level design, quest design, itemzation, gameplay loop, pacing etc. and what makes it my GOAT is it's able to keep that level of consistency across insane scope in the base game and then still excel in further expanding the game with massive and exceptional expansion which are close to games in themselves. The game was my GOAT after launch but the fact that they ironed out those flaws and refined the game, fixing all issues cemented it in place.

The game is immense in size but filled with the tiniest of details all over it's huge scope that make the world feel alive and adds that TLC. So much love and care went into it and it oozes out as you play, such large chunks of the game, possibly even the best parts might be completely optional and missed by any player. The game is all go but at the same time laid back in style and tone. If I were to have unlimited resources and the most talented team in the world, The Witcher 3 is close to the game I would create in that imagery scenario. Very close indeed. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 26 July 2024

Around the Network

My all time favourite game would be Warhawk (PS3), if they made a remastered version for PS5 it would be a console I'd invest in. I played that game every day from when it was released till the day it was took offline. I know there are ways to still play it today but I tried it and didn't trust the service with my details. Come on Sony, GIVE ME WARHAWK PS5!!

Shaun87 said:

My all time favourite game would be Warhawk (PS3), if they made a remastered version for PS5 it would be a console I'd invest in. I played that game every day from when it was released till the day it was took offline. I know there are ways to still play it today but I tried it and didn't trust the service with my details. Come on Sony, GIVE ME WARHAWK PS5!!

Man, ya hit me with nostalgia. Yeah, Warhawk was amazing, one of the first times I was introduced to online gaming but if not it was certainly the first of that scale. I'd be in day one for another, same as you. 

I appreciate the threads! More conversations and debates are always welcome (as long as they’re civil and carried on in good faith).

My pick is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. To plagiarize myself:

The brilliance of Breath of the Wild doesn't come from any one system or framework. It comes from the intentional, planful organization of many systems working together to create results both expected and unexpected. Emergent gameplay, improvisational combat, and player mobility combine to form an open-world sandbox second to none, and a video game experience that ranks among the greatest ever conceived.

In no particular order, these 3 would qualify for "My fav of all time" depending on my mood atm:
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Suikoden 2 (PS1)
FF6 (SNES)

Around the Network

Xenogears.
But I do like Witcher 3 quite a lot, easily in my top 20.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jpcc86 said:

In no particular order, these 3 would qualify for "My fav of all time" depending on my mood atm:
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Suikoden 2 (PS1)
FF6 (SNES)

All three of those are among my very favourites.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

My pick is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. To plagiarize myself:

The brilliance of Breath of the Wild doesn't come from any one system or framework. It comes from the intentional, planful organization of many systems working together to create results both expected and unexpected. Emergent gameplay, improvisational combat, and player mobility combine to form an open-world sandbox second to none, and a video game experience that ranks among the greatest ever conceived.

This one too.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Its really difficult to choose from so many great games, but my default answer is always Mega Man 2. It still holds up, tons of nostalgia and just overall a masterpiece of a game.

Either Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Mega Man 2 depending on the day. Off chance I'd say Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Warcraft 3 has been my favorite for a long time. Still is peak high fantasy after all these years.