PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

PS4 34 80.95%

Xbox One 5 11.90%

Tie 1 2.38%

Neither 2 4.76%

Total:42
Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah the Xbox 360 was straight-up a better console than the PS3.

Most multiplats looked and ran better, the controller was better, I'd even go so far as to say the 360's lineup of (console) exclusives was better.

Really?  Crack in Time, God of War 3, Tools of Destruction, Demon Souls, Uncharted 1-3, Last of Us, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Infamous..  wasn't final fantasy exclusive during that time?  Along with Tales, Persona, etc?  

Add ni no kuni, metal gear solid 4, yakuza 3, 4, 5 I don't know how these guys think 360 had better or more exclusives

Around the Network

Ni no Kuni was never an exclusive. It was also on DS and DS had extra content. DS release was a year before PS3.

Last edited by Leynos - on 26 July 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I agree there’s no competition here. Xbox One was a huge disappointment and PS4 consistently delivered the goods.

But I would challenge your second point. I think Xbox 360 eclipses PS3. Sony stumbled out of the gate that gen, and Microsoft was firing on all cylinders from 2005-2010. The Xbox brand has been in a downward spiral since then, but I think it did enough during those days to top PlayStation.

Agreed. 360 is a better experience overall than PS3. Exclusives are subject to personal taste but most 3rd parties just ran better on 360. I think the UI is much better on 360 and a better controller despite the Dpad. IMO it took until PS4 for Sony to get a controller right for those not with kid-sized hands. I love the PS3. But to me 360 is the better of the 2 overall.

PS3 exclusives were better for me. It had way better Japanese games like Ni no kuni, Persona 5, yakuza 3, 4 and 5. Some games even ran better on PS3 like FF13, tomb raider and GTA5

Leynos said:

Ni no Kuni was never an exclusive. It was also on DS and DS had extra content.

No ni no kuni on ds was a different game. Way different and it didn't release outside of Japan. There were also many games on PS3 that didn't release outside of Japan games that I was interested like initial d and that yakuza samurai game but I wouldn't call them exclusives 

Last edited by Pinkie_pie - on 26 July 2024

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah the Xbox 360 was straight-up a better console than the PS3.

Most multiplats looked and ran better, the controller was better, I'd even go so far as to say the 360's lineup of (console) exclusives was better.

Really?  Crack in Time, God of War 3, Tools of Destruction, Demon Souls, Uncharted 1-3, Last of Us, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Infamous..  wasn't final fantasy exclusive during that time?  Along with Tales, Persona, etc?  

I liked the PS3 a lot, it's in my top 5-6 consoles ever, but the 360 had a ton of awesome games that weren't on PS3; Halo 3/4/Reach, Gears of War 1-3 and Judgement, Forza 2/3/4/Horizon/Horizon 2, The Witcher 2, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Splinter Cell Conviction, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Metro 2033, Call of Duty 2, Shadow Complex...

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
Leynos said:

Agreed. 360 is a better experience overall than PS3. Exclusives are subject to personal taste but most 3rd parties just ran better on 360. I think the UI is much better on 360 and a better controller despite the Dpad. IMO it took until PS4 for Sony to get a controller right for those not with kid-sized hands. I love the PS3. But to me 360 is the better of the 2 overall.

PS3 exclusives were better for me. It had way better Japanese games like Ni no kuni, Persona 5, yakuza 3, 4 and 5. Some games even ran better on PS3 like FF13, tomb raider and GTA5

Again you say exclusive then mention games that are not even for the time. Persona 5 was released on PS4 same time. Then ported to everything else. Like I love EX Troopers on PS3. Not played the 3DS version. I love Lost in Rain. Folklore. I have several games for PS3 and enjoy it. Just 360 offered a better experience to me. Plus some amazing shmups exclusive for the era.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Pinkie_pie said:
Leynos said:

FF13 was slightly lower resolution but that was cause it was a bad port job, it actually had slighty better framerate. GTAV was pretty even based on the DF videos i watched. The 360 though just blows ps3 away when it comes to running games better. COD games all ran much better on 360, the batman games as well, most assassin creed games, skyrim, gta4, red dead and bayonetta, etc. Really maybe ps3 was more powerful on paper but in real world performance 360 destroyed it, the differnces were pretty big in many games and not just some minor things that don't effect gameplay.

Leynos said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Again you say exclusive then mention games that are not even for the time. Persona 5 was released on PS4 same time. Then ported to everything else. Like I love EX Troopers on PS3. Not played the 3DS version. I love Lost in Rain. Folklore. I have several games for PS3 and enjoy it. Just 360 offered a better experience to me. Plus some amazing shmups exclusive for the era.

We are comparing games that weren't on the other console.  Like people here listed rise of tomb raider on 360 and that game released on xbox one on the same day and that's fair enough since it wasn't on PS3

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

I liked the PS3 a lot, it's in my top 5-6 consoles ever, but the 360 had a ton of awesome games that weren't on PS3; Halo 3/4/Reach, Gears of War 1-3 and Judgement, Forza 2/3/4/Horizon/Horizon 2, The Witcher 2, Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Splinter Cell Conviction, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Metro 2033, Call of Duty 2, Shadow Complex...

True.  The 360 had a nice list as well.  Probably some what preference, shooters are my least favorite.  and I don't play racing.  But yeah, good list of quality titles.  

Any thoughts on if the Witcher 2 holds up today?  It is probably on PC.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

True.  The 360 had a nice list as well.  Probably some what preference, shooters are my least favorite.  and I don't play racing.  But yeah, good list of quality titles.  

Any thoughts on if the Witcher 2 holds up today?  It is probably on PC.  

It is on PC yes, hence why I prefaced my input with "console" exclusives. 

I personally haven't played Witcher 2 since about 2017, but I feel like it held up pretty well then. It's a lot more directed and linear than Witcher 3, but I found its combat and storytelling to be excellent.