PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?

PS4 34 80.95%

Xbox One 5 11.90%

Tie 1 2.38%

Neither 2 4.76%

Total:42

BraLoD said:

There is not even a competition there.

Microsoft's most bland and tasteless Xbox system against a great Playstation system...

There is no Xbox that can beat a Playstation.

I agree there’s no competition here. Xbox One was a huge disappointment and PS4 consistently delivered the goods.

But I would challenge your second point. I think Xbox 360 eclipses PS3. Sony stumbled out of the gate that gen, and Microsoft was firing on all cylinders from 2005-2010. The Xbox brand has been in a downward spiral since then, but I think it did enough during those days to top PlayStation.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

BraLoD said:

Microsoft's most bland and tasteless Xbox system against a great Playstation system...

I agree there’s no competition here. Xbox One was a huge disappointment and PS4 consistently delivered the goods.

But I would challenge your second point. I think Xbox 360 eclipses PS3. Sony stumbled out of the gate that gen, and Microsoft was firing on all cylinders from 2005-2010. The Xbox brand has been in a downward spiral since then, but I think it did enough during those days to top PlayStation.

I  agree with you. 360 was the better console with better exclusives. The biggest thing was the ps3 was a pos designed console, it was objectivly weaker then 360 and multiplaform games had massive advantages on 360. skyrim and bayo for example were night and day differnces, the majority of games looked and ran much better. you can say well look at the exclusives they look much better but not really,  gears 3, halo 4, and forza horzion looked nearly as good, plus the ps3 controller felt like a turd compared to 360.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

BraLoD said:

Agreed. 360 is a better experience overall than PS3. Exclusives are subject to personal taste but most 3rd parties just ran better on 360. I think the UI is much better on 360 and a better controller despite the Dpad. IMO it took until PS4 for Sony to get a controller right for those not with kid-sized hands. I love the PS3. But to me 360 is the better of the 2 overall.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

GoW, Horizon, Bloodborne, etc... I thought it was a slaughter in favour of the ps4. Exclusives, exclusives, exclusives.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

PS3 and 360 were in the worst generation of gaming.

Sony followed that up with the PS4, a console that offered quite a few gems in my top 50 games of all time.

MS followed that up with the XB1, a console that at first required kinect with some solid exclusives, and then without kinect and without good exclusives.

My pick unsurprisingly is the PS4.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

GoW, Horizon, Bloodborne, etc... I thought it was a slaughter in favour of the ps4. Exclusives, exclusives, exclusives.

Yea its not close GOW, last of us 2 and BB are top 10 games of all time in many lists. especially GOW and BB.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Yea its not close GOW, last of us 2 and BB are top 10 games of all time in many lists. especially GOW and BB.

Ghost, Spider-Man, Uncharted 4, Shadow Colossus remake.

Listing ps4 exclusives reminds me how meh the ps5 has been in software. 

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Ghost, Spider-Man, Uncharted 4, Shadow Colossus remake.

Listing ps4 exclusives reminds me how meh the ps5 has been in software. 

yea it's pretty bad, but its not gonna be bad as it seems by the end of the gen.

ghosts 2 is coming

demon souls remake

wolverine should be great

spider man 2 we already got

astrobot new game should be amazing

naughty dog has been sucking big they need to get rid of them or get someone new to run that company.

Leynos said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Agreed. 360 is a better experience overall than PS3. Exclusives are subject to personal taste but most 3rd parties just ran better on 360. I think the UI is much better on 360 and a better controller despite the Dpad. IMO it took until PS4 for Sony to get a controller right for those not with kid-sized hands. I love the PS3. But to me 360 is the better of the 2 overall.

Yeah the Xbox 360 was straight-up a better console than the PS3.

Most multiplats looked and ran better, the controller was better, I'd even go so far as to say the 360's lineup of (console) exclusives was better.

curl-6 said:
Leynos said:

Yeah the Xbox 360 was straight-up a better console than the PS3.

Most multiplats looked and ran better, the controller was better, I'd even go so far as to say the 360's lineup of (console) exclusives was better.

Really?  Crack in Time, God of War 3, Tools of Destruction, Demon Souls, Uncharted 1-3, Last of Us, Infamous, Little Big Planet, Killzone, Infamous..  wasn't final fantasy exclusive during that time?  Along with Tales, Persona, etc?  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED