By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

BFR said:

Exactly how you said it....a personal attack on GWB, or did I miss something?

Yes, it is criticizing Bush for lacking the conviction to speak up. I genuinely don't understand why that is shameful. 

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
BFR said:

Exactly how you said it....a personal attack on GWB, or did I miss something?

Yes, it is criticizing Bush for lacking the conviction to speak up. I genuinely don't understand why that is shameful. 

Speak up? Why should he? He has not endorsed Harris, but he also has not endorsed Trump.  I respect his position of not getting involved in politics after his term expired.  Many ex-presidents have done the same thing.  Let the people decide for themselves.

Also, his former VP Dick Cheney, has said plenty about this election, so GWB can just stay in the shadows and smile.

BFR said:
JWeinCom said:

Speak up? Why should he? He has not endorsed Harris, but he also has not endorsed Trump.  I respect his position of not getting involved in politics after his term expired.  Many ex-presidents have done the same thing.  Let the people decide for themselves.

Also, his former VP Dick Cheney, has said plenty about this election, so GWB can just stay in the shadows and smile.

Because I'm fairly sure he knows that another Trump term would be awful for the country, and he still may have enough of a platform to make a difference. Sharing your perspective and letting people decide for themselves are not mutually exclusive.

You can disagree, but I still fail to see why the comment was shameful. Seems like a weird reaction tbh, but whatever.

Apparently Trump believes Kamala Harris is going to legalize baby executions.
There might be some truth to this, especially since she just slaughtered a 78 year old orange baby.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JWC, here is your first post on this matter: "Well, nice that Taylor has bigger balls than George Dubya."

My first thought: How can any girl have bigger balls than any man?

Now I know, you were referring to his lack of taking a stand in this election, but THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU SAID! You said the above listed quote, and one that I find shameful. Do you hear me now?

Around the Network
BFR said:

JWC, here is your first post on this matter: "Well, nice that Taylor has bigger balls than George Dubya."

My first thought: How can any girl have bigger balls than any man?

Now I know, you were referring to his lack of taking a stand in this election, but THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU SAID! You said the above listed quote, and one that I find shameful. Do you hear me now?

Yep I hear you Drax. 

We're living in some kind of version of the Sims and the player is a troll. 

He asked for the damn hat. He asked for it with a smile. He had to have known and he's sticking his middle finger up to the democratic elite who ousted him. I feel immense respect for this man. God I hope he gets the care he needs and soon, it's past time now. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 12 September 2024

God, I need Harris-Walz to win to inject some positivity back into the world.

Vance was not well-known figure (he was not in the Republican Primary), and his positions on the war in Eastern Europe may not have been well understood by the voters in MI, WI, PA.

I speculate that the VP debate between Gov Tim Walz and JD Vance will be a turning point, if Walz takes the opportunity to surface the contrast between their positions.

If we don't get a robust debate on foreign policy between the presidential candidates over the next few months, the VP debate may have more impact, as it will be a strong signal on what each candidate's approach will be.

Note how small the margin was for Trump's victory in 2016, and his loss in 2020. And compare that to the population size of these diaspora populations.

Pennsylvania:
⬛ 758k Poles
▪️ 100-150k Ukrainians
▪️ 50-100k Lithuanians
✔️Trump 2016 margin: +44,292
✖️Trump 2020 margin: -80,555

Wisconsin:
⬛ 481k Poles
▪️ 10k-50k Lithuanians
▪️ <10k Ukrainians
✔️Trump 2016 margin: +22,748
✖️Trump 2020 margin: -20,682

Michigan:
⬛ 784k Poles
▪️ 50k-100k Ukrainians
▪️ 10k-50k Lithuanians
✔️Trump 2016 margin: +10,704
✖️Trump 2020 margin: -154,188

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 September 2024

MTG and Laura Loomer are at each others throats, Lmao.