By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

TallSilhouette said:

Trump hush money sentencing postponed past Election Day

Our justice system is such a pathetic joke...

At least your election system isn't...

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network

Burn said: Want to know what's ironic? There's a sports team that plays pretty close to Baltimore that used to have a ballistic themed name.

You must be referring to the Washington Bullets, now known as the Wizards (since May 1997) 

Last edited by BFR - on 06 September 2024

Starts at 9pm EDT. I'm sure this thread will be busy that night. Can't wait.

burninmylight said:
Chrkeller said:

Um no.  The Baltimore colts moved to Indianapolis and still are playing today under the name colt.  The ravens didn't become a team under later.  The colts did not change their name, that is completely untrue, they simply moved.  The ravens were formed from the browns owner art modell and a bunch of drama.  

Lol, wasn't talking about the Ravens. Try again, killa.

Well I'm confused.  You are showing a picture of the Baltimore colts, which long since been the Indianapolis colts.  So huh?  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
burninmylight said:

Lol, wasn't talking about the Ravens. Try again, killa.

Well I'm confused.  You are showing a picture of the Baltimore colts, which long since been the Indianapolis colts.  So huh?  

BFR said:

Burn said: Want to know what's ironic? There's a sports team that plays pretty close to Baltimore that used to have a ballistic themed name.

You must be referring to the Washington Bullets, now known as the Wizards (since May 1997) 

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Chrkeller said:

BFR said:

I kind of forgot Washington had a basketball team, lol.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Based on where the Harris and Trump campaigns are spending on advertising, it kind of feels something like this is what their internals must be seeing, right?

That being said, considering voting trends, I'd be surprised if Wisconsin is to the left of Arizona.

BFR said:

Ryuu, 3 of my best friends are huge Trump supporters.  What would you have me do, write them off? As it is, I am not talking much to any of them lately and don't plan to until next year. Trump is not a 100% bad person and he could still win in Nov. But, your right, if he does win it will be very bad for Ukraine.

It's more like I've seen some debates in here where it came across to me at least like you were trying to antagonise Democrats, I feel like there's a possibility some users in here would assume that you were a Trump supporter based on the way certain debates have gone, if they do not follow the Russia-Ukraine thread. I feel like that energy spent debating Democrats could be better spent attacking MAGA on your part.

Because I know that you're an old-school Republican and while I know we likely won't agree on much at all, I'm willing to mostly put that aside for now because taking down Trump is the most important thing to me and I feel it should be the most important thing to traditional Republicans too who dislike MAGA because if Trump wins that will be the end of what you want your party to be.

It's like Adam K said, it's not about voting with Democrats because you agree with them or their policies, it's about Democracy, saving your country from a downward spiral, kicking out that MAGA rot. I know how vital Republican support is for Ukraine so when I make my criticisms I tend to label it as an attack on the MAGA lunatics only and Tbh I don't apologise for labelling anyone who is MAGA like that.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 September 2024

BFR said:

Starts at 9pm EDT. I'm sure this thread will be busy that night. Can't wait.

I can't wait either.  Kamala should do very well against trump, given that she's a former lawyer.  Things like this should be what she's best at.  

The Old School Republican Party died when Reagan’s neoliberalism came in. And it crumbled into the putrid swamp that is MAGA—a movement which (ironically) seeks to destroy the foundations of what made the US great in the first place.

Another great irony is the quality of people who support Trump is almost all the lowest traits: gluttony, weakness, cowardice, dogmatism, racism, credulity, and foolishness. I’d say cowardice is their primary mode of function. The loading up with guns, the xenophobia and racism, following instead of leading by example, the religious sanctimony because they fear going to hell (despite supporting Jesus with their mouth, but opposing him in their values and actions), this fear of Russia that motivates them to support Russia, even right down to the incelism/sexism, these all grow out of intense cowardice.

MAGA support for Trump emerges because Trump embodies a very public success despite these negative/cowardly values. They ignore the fact that he inherited his wealth. He’s an aspiration and inspiration for the lazy, dull-witted cowards across the US.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 08 September 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.