By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

BFR said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

I must have missed it, was Hunter running for president or anything?  No one cares about Hunter he's a civilian, now Trump has been convicted of mutliple felonies and for some reason is still running for the presidency.

Because Trump has bigger balls than Hunter and his daddy! He can take the heat, and still fight back. That is something I respect.

Also, Hunter has only been a civilian his entire established and protected life. Never served in the military, never served in public office.

Which means no one cares about Hunter, he can go to prison it has not effect on anything Democrats are doing.  You respect a felon, rapist, insurrectionist, failed businessman with 6 bankruptcies, failed president adding 8 trillion in debt with his unnecessary tax cuts for his buddies?

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
BFR said:

Hiku said: "Naming your school shooter son after a gun."

Colt wikipedia definition: A colt is a young male horse, usually below the age of four years.

So, by your logic the former Baltimore Colts football team was also named after a gun mfg.

Do you see guns on for the logos, or do you see equine imagery for the logo and on the helmet?

Want to know what's ironic? There's a sports team that plays pretty close to Baltimore that used to have a ballistic themed name, but at some point the owners and community realized that's a bad idea and changed it to something that isn't immediately evocative of murder and violence.

Um no.  The Baltimore colts moved to Indianapolis and still are playing today under the name colt.  The ravens didn't become a team under later.  The colts did not change their name, that is completely untrue, they simply moved.  The ravens were formed from the browns owner art modell and a bunch of drama.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 05 September 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

BFR said:
Hiku said:

Weird how they have videogames and movies in countries that don't have school shootings.
You know what glorifies gun violence though? Naming your school shooter son after a gun.

Meanwhile USA casually has guns in Wallmart

The 2nd Amendment sends its regards.

Which was written when people used muskets that had to be reloaded after every single shot, and took ages to do so.
And you couldn't buy guns in the supermarket next to your Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rolls. 

Hiku said: "Naming your school shooter son after a gun."

Colt wikipedia definition: A colt is a young male horse, usually below the age of four years.

So, by your logic the former Baltimore Colts football team was also named after a gun mfg.

Based on the father, seems as likely as these children being named after God's manifistation.

Anyway, Mike Pence says he's not endorsing Trump.

Former Vice President Mike Pence says he's not endorsing Trump | AP News

Not surprising, especially considering Janyuary 6th.

Last edited by Hiku - on 06 September 2024

Hiku said:

That guy naming his son after a horse seems as likely as these children being named after God's manifistation.

To be fair, people don't usually name their kids like that. 

The Colt company itself was created by Samuel Colt. 

the-pi-guy said:
Hiku said:

That guy naming his son after a horse seems as likely as these children being named after God's manifistation.

To be fair, people don't usually name their kids like that. 

The Colt company itself was created by Samuel Colt. 

Not sure what you mean, but there are over 25 000 Sephiroths in the US, according to the Social Security Administration's government webpage.

Otherwise, typing Colt into Google image search, it looks like 100 images of guns for every 1 image of anything else.
I think the connotation to the gun brand should be the most well known. Especially for that child who grew up with an irresponsible gun owner as their parent.

Either way, I wasn't trying to make a serious point about the name, but equating it to the claim that videogames and movies are to blame.

The main issues imo are the child's exposure and access to guns, and how they are portrayed/viewed in the US, and constantly in the mindshare of people. Resulting in guns more commonly coming to mind as a potential solution, than for people in countries where you almost never see or hear of them.

JD Vance says that the school shootings are "just a fact of life".
Yet there are so many other countries where this doesn't happen at all. Or if it does, it's not a common occurance.

Last edited by Hiku - on 06 September 2024

Around the Network

BFR...You understand what is at stake for Ukraine if Trump wins, I know you're a huge Ukrainian supporter and old school Republican, why must you antagonise Democrats and give Trump praise from time to time, a lot of your comments and discussions in here feel at odds with your stances in the Russia-Ukraine thread, like the time that you said a Trump presidency wouldn't affect you and we'll all be fine, it feels an odd thing to say from someone who is a huge supporter of Ukraine.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 September 2024

Ryuu, 3 of my best friends are huge Trump supporters.  What would you have me do, write them off? As it is, I am not talking much to any of them lately and don't plan to until next year. Trump is not a 100% bad person and he could still win in Nov. But, your right, if he does win it will be very bad for Ukraine.

What..?

Chrkeller said:
burninmylight said:

Do you see guns on for the logos, or do you see equine imagery for the logo and on the helmet?

Want to know what's ironic? There's a sports team that plays pretty close to Baltimore that used to have a ballistic themed name, but at some point the owners and community realized that's a bad idea and changed it to something that isn't immediately evocative of murder and violence.

Um no.  The Baltimore colts moved to Indianapolis and still are playing today under the name colt.  The ravens didn't become a team under later.  The colts did not change their name, that is completely untrue, they simply moved.  The ravens were formed from the browns owner art modell and a bunch of drama.  

Lol, wasn't talking about the Ravens. Try again, killa.

Trump hush money sentencing postponed past Election Day

Our justice system is such a pathetic joke...