By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

LegitHyperbole said:
Torillian said:

This kind of sentiment is why I never cared about those that lamented about us having two horrendous candidates when Biden was against Trump. Now we switched him out and surprise surprise it's still two horrendous candidates. Antiestablishment people who just generally hate politicians are so boring in political threads. 

I think she's worse than Biden. At least Biden was likable in a way and you could give the benefit in his old age that he isn't some unbelievable monster for aiding Isreal or a fuck up for the mess in Afganistan. Harris will continue aiding genocide but she'll do it with a full able mind. If that makes me boring, so be it. Alas, the American dream is over for better or worse, there's no way in the devils testicle that that country will be standing in the same form it has done up until now unless some miracle happens that makes you all work together and the only thing that would seem to allow for that at this point is Aliens invading or AI taking over cause not even a world war will pull you all together, you'll fight and bicker over it until all your fighting and bickering has left you with nothing. 

Are you new to US politics?  Did you forget about Reagan, the Bushes or Trump?  Harris the end of our 'dream'?   

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Around the Network
Renamed said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I think she's worse than Biden. At least Biden was likable in a way and you could give the benefit in his old age that he isn't some unbelievable monster for aiding Isreal or a fuck up for the mess in Afganistan. Harris will continue aiding genocide but she'll do it with a full able mind. If that makes me boring, so be it. Alas, the American dream is over for better or worse, there's no way in the devils testicle that that country will be standing in the same form it has done up until now unless some miracle happens that makes you all work together and the only thing that would seem to allow for that at this point is Aliens invading or AI taking over cause not even a world war will pull you all together, you'll fight and bicker over it until all your fighting and bickering has left you with nothing. 

Are you new to US politics?  Did you forget about Reagan, the Bushes or Trump?  Harris the end of our 'dream'?   

You've never been divided THIS badly. Not even close. You've grown into two separate countries living together with separate ideologies and are the opposite side of the coin on every little issue down to the way you should be living in private and each side wants to enforce they're way of living. Harris isn't the end of the American dream nor is Trump, the American citizens are the end of it. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Renamed said:

You've never been divided THIS badly. Not even close. You've grown into two separate countries living together with separate ideologies and are the opposite side of the coin on every little issue down to the way you should be living in private and each side wants to enforce they're way of living. Harris isn't the end of the American dream nor is Trump, the American citizens are the end of it. 

Welcome to 2008 and the rise of social media.  Hell, this is actually the most unified we've been since.

We need Civil War 2.0 here in the USA. That will settle the score, and the losing side can just shut up.

BFR said:

We need Civil War 2.0 here in the USA. That will settle the score, and the losing side can just shut up.

The losing side hasn't shut up from their loss over 150 years ago.

Around the Network
BFR said:

That will never happen in this day and age, well at least not until the water wars/mass migration due to global warming which probably won't be in our lifetime.  No matter how divided we are, no one is willing to lose their home, life, or put their family at risk.  Sure there are underground militias, but if they tried anything (which they wont) they would be put down very quickly.

Renamed said:
BFR said:

The losing side hasn't shut up from their loss over 150 years ago.

Nobody pays any attention to those redneck whiners, especially the media.

Renamed said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Maybe we shouldn’t be taking a guy with “hyperbole” in his name very seriously.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

LegitHyperbole said:
sundin13 said:

Theo: "Who is behind the healthcare/insurance...that whole thing? It feels like Chuck Schumer is [a] deviant mastermind back there somewhere?"

Trump: "Well, he is one of the people that has hurt- he is one of the people that keeps the prices high."

They are both idiots. I don't necessarily blame Theo. Trump is an impossible guest for something like this. You kind of need someone who knows what they are talking about and is honest for "Non-Expert Talks to Politician" stuff and Trump checks neither of those boxes. Listening to Trump, it is pretty clear that he doesn't really know what he is talking about most of the time and is just bullshitting. 

Well, it's a least addressing issues, not once have I seen the other side pressed on issues. You got this side that you say are idiots but you got the other side who just skirts around the issue and says a whole lotta nothing, nice soundbites that'll make them sound intelligent and make you think they are saying something but they're really not saying anything at all. 

You're high if you think the Bernie episode had less substance than the Trump episode.

My Real Redneck friends

zorg1000 said:
Renamed said:

Maybe we shouldn’t be taking a guy with “hyperbole” in his name very seriously.

He claims that the country has never been more divided, but hasn't seemed to have heard of that one time 13 states tried to secede from the union over "separate ideologies" (slavery) and even fought a war over it that was quite uncivil.