By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 2024 US Presidential Election

A few developments out of Georgia.

Courts have blocked two ridiculous last minute changes to the election process. 1 of them would have required all ballots to be hand counted. Even if this would make elections more secure, and it wouldn't, making the change in October is absurd. It was done specifically to delay the results, as that creates doubt in the election, and allows them to try to take the presidency some other way.

The second measure would change the certification process to allow election deniers who have infiltrated the Georgia election board to delay or possibly deny the certification.

If this is your party, you are actively supporting an attempt to dismantle democracy. Thankfully the judiciary isn't completely compromised. Indeed, to their credit, many Trump or Bush appointees and republican state judges have shut down the attempt to disrupt the Electoral process.

In more good news, Georgia set a record for early voting on day one, walloping the 2020 numbers. Higher turnout is general beneficial to democrats, particularly as the turnout is in areas like Atlanta. One party is enthusiastic, and I don't think it's the trump voters. In Atlanta it is probably mainyy black people and even if Trump is getting more black votes by percentage (I'm skeptical) that doesn't matter if black turnout is substantially higher.

Again non-polling signs are indicating a very strong Harris victory. We'll see if the polls are missing something or catching something.

Last edited by JWeinCom - 1 day ago

Around the Network

Trump sidesteps question on Putin phone calls, but the maga robots keep marching

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0jxyl7g

Former KKK leader David Duke is endorsing Jill Stein.

SanAndreasX said:

Former KKK leader David Duke is endorsing Jill Stein.

Probably a good thing. Anyone who values his endorsement was probably not voting for Harris anyway. And if her numbers go down probably better for Harris.

JWeinCom said:
Ryuu96 said:

During the Q&A portion of the event, Trump was asked by a pair of supporters how he planned to make housing more affordable and how he would provide relief to small-business owners. Both times he answered by touting his plans to cut energy costs.

“We’re going to drill, baby, drill,” Trump said. “We’re going to get the energy down. When the energy comes down, prices are going to come down.”

Donald Trump's Town Hall Takes Strange Musical Twist | HuffPost UK Politics

This was the first title for NYT.

These journalists are fucking useless But they edited it hours later at least...

Trump Bobs His Head to Music for 30 Minutes in Odd Town Hall Detour - The New York Times

Washington Post took a more direct approach.

I'm actually impressed.  I didn't know he could stay silent for 30 minutes. 

He didn't actually do that weird swaying/upper body dancing on stage for that entire time. He spent a good chunk of it mingling with supporters.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm actually impressed.  I didn't know he could stay silent for 30 minutes. 

He didn't actually do that weird swaying/upper body dancing on stage for that entire time. He spent a good chunk of it mingling with supporters.

Yeah. I saw him say he'll take four questions... then he said, maybe two. Then he was like, you know maybe just one question. Then he went, actually no questions lets dance. 

He's clearly afraid to take any questions from a source that is not 100% under his campaign's control. 

The campaign has a tough decision. Putting him out there at this point risks increasing Democrat turnout as they remember how fucking insane he is. But, without putting him out there, he can't turn out his own base. 

So it's a lose lose. If Kamala plays it right, she can put the nails in the coffin. 

"So it's a lose lose. If Kamala plays it right, she can put the nails in the coffin."

Why are some of you doubting Kamala in a VG forum?  It should be game over for Trump.  Hell, it was months ago.

Why are some of you still uncertain of Kamala's win on Nov. 5?  I don't share your worries.  But, on the crazy chance she does lose, I have a theory as to why.

BFR said:

Why are some of you doubting Kamala in a VG forum?  It should be game over for Trump.  Hell, it was months ago.

Why are some of you still uncertain of Kamala's win on Nov. 5?  I don't share your worries.

Because despite what you would expect based on other indicators, the polls and projections are still a dead heat.

BFR said:

"So it's a lose lose. If Kamala plays it right, she can put the nails in the coffin."

Why are some of you still uncertain of Kamala's win on Nov. 5?  I don't share your worries.  But, on the crazy chance she does lose, I have a theory as to why.

Because I'm not omniscient. I can make a decision based on the information I have, but I see only a very small part of the world. Logically, Trump should have lost the election from the second his campaign kicked off, but logic does not apply to Trump supporters.

Hope you're right. If Kamala wins by more than 5, you have permission to mock me mercilessly for being a nervous Nelly :).

BFR said:

1) polls are tight

2) polls have trump winning key swing states (nobody cares about the PV, that means nothing)

3) trump was underrepresented via polls in the last elections 

4) polls has this election favoring trump more than his previous two campaigns 

Either polls are way off....  or libs be in trouble, again.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED