By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Ace Combat 7 on Switch

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

Perhaps.  I do feel like developers are still squeezing shockingly impressive output, even years later.  LM3 is a great example, so is Pikmin 4.  

Yeah, even after owning a Switch since 2017, I still find myself impressed from time to time at what can be squeezed out of it, like with this game, and with Metroid Prime Remastered last year.

Even when a system is old and seemingly tapped out, talented devs can still find ways to surprise.

Agreed 100%.  Prime Remastered was very impressive.   

Switch has aged well considering the hardware specs.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, even after owning a Switch since 2017, I still find myself impressed from time to time at what can be squeezed out of it, like with this game, and with Metroid Prime Remastered last year.

Even when a system is old and seemingly tapped out, talented devs can still find ways to surprise.

Heh not really. 360 2005 and ps4 2013 have aged much better. Nothing has impressed me more then BOTW open world/ dynamic lighting, art style, physics and mario kart 8, they are still on the top list for best looking games on switch.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Heh not really. 360 2005 and ps4 2013 have aged much better. Nothing has impressed me more then BOTW open world/ dynamic lighting, art style, physics and mario kart 8, they are still on the top list for best looking games on switch.

I meant more from a software perspective.  The switch is still kicking out some good exclusives.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah I feel the same; considering it's a now 7 year old portable device it holds up admirably in the hands of the right devs.

It's definitely showing its age at this point, and I do look forward to seeing what the next system can bring to the table, but in the here and now, devs continue to push the hardware.

It's kinda like how in 2013 I thought I'd seen everything PS3 could do, but then came God of War Ascension, Beyond Two Souls, and TLOU, or how late in Wii U's life I thought I'd seen all it could do, but then came BOTW and Fast Racing Neo.

Uncharted 3 looked better then all those games imo and ran At locked 30fps. Beyond 2 souls really can't be compared when it really not a real game. The massive jump in 360/ps3 early  games was  because of deffered rendering and the massive jump in lighting from U3 to U3.5

Last edited by zeldaring - on 15 August 2024