By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cosy comfortable games.

Journey
Abzu
Little Big Planet series
Stardew Valley
A Short hike
Flower
Outer Wilds
Yoshi yarn games
Kirby yarn game
Dead Space remake

Just really chill experiences.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

Honestly, I just boot up an emulator and start replaying games that I grew up on. Whether Donkey Kong Country, Crash Bandicoot, Pokémon Gold/Silver, Croc: Legend of the Gobos, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Jet Set Radio Future, or even The Emperor's New Groove tie-in game (don't judge) they all just fill me with nostalgia and give me a sense of comfort and coziness while playing.

My ultimate cozy comfy game is probably Unreal Tournament '99! Odd choice I know, but the music, maps, weapons, is all just such a joy to play. Plus no modern FPS multiplayer mechanics. Just straight up fun gameplay. 

As far as something more modern, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk

I feel ya. Sometimes I just go in my retro gaming room. Read old gaming mags and/or play on my old consoles on a CRT and it just feels good.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Story of Seasons and Cities Skylines (or pre-SimCity 5 SimCity) are good "cozy" games.

Other than that, I like old 1980s arcade games to relax with. Just not Centipede or Millipede. I like those games, but they're stressful AF.

Leynos said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Honestly, I just boot up an emulator and start replaying games that I grew up on. Whether Donkey Kong Country, Crash Bandicoot, Pokémon Gold/Silver, Croc: Legend of the Gobos, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Jet Set Radio Future, or even The Emperor's New Groove tie-in game (don't judge) they all just fill me with nostalgia and give me a sense of comfort and coziness while playing.

My ultimate cozy comfy game is probably Unreal Tournament '99! Odd choice I know, but the music, maps, weapons, is all just such a joy to play. Plus no modern FPS multiplayer mechanics. Just straight up fun gameplay. 

As far as something more modern, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk

I feel ya. Sometimes I just go in my retro gaming room. Read old gaming mags and/or play on my old consoles on a CRT and it just feels good.

Man i remember the hype of gaming mags back in the day, especially ninja gaiden, mario 64 and x-men vs street fighter previews. Miss those days.

Anyone mention Cocoon? One of the best games I've played.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Pizza tower fans were pissed when Cocoon won the game awards instead of pizza tower lol :D

-Why the fuck do i have to pay for a free trial

Zylx said:
Chrkeller said:

Pizza tower fans were pissed when Cocoon won the game awards instead of pizza tower lol :D

Facts! I didn’t include Pizza Tower in my choice of cozy and comfy games though because the game is anything but amazing game though!!! 

Chrkeller said:

I remember the movie, it was great.  Never knew there was a game attached to it. Oh well, such is life.

BFR said:
Chrkeller said:

I remember the movie, it was great.  Never knew there was a game attached to it. Oh well, such is life.

Lol there's no connection at all between the two.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1497440/COCOON/

It's a chill puzzle game which somehow manages not to be easy, yet you never really feel stuck. And so satisfying when everything falls into place. Most polished puzzle game in ages.

For me cozy games are Puzzling Places and lapping the Nurburgring in GT7 in classic legendary cars. Those two never get old to me.

Other cozy games were Rez Infinite, Tetris Effect, Astrobot, Moss. VR is very cozy :)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this game more just riding your horse in these stunning environments is the ultimate chill game.