By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Attempted assassination on Trump

Ryuu96 said:
IkePoR said:

Funny, the image defining facism on wikipedia is exactly of Hitler.  I won't get into the psychology of that coloration.  If he does support Putin, Putin has a funny way of showing it; he didn't move an inch until after Trump wasn't president anymore. 

I don't follow the logic of wanting Trump - gaffe prone Biden and cringe prone Kamala are cinema.  

The main reason I don't mention the far-right is because, well, they are either bad people who aren't politically affiliated, usually some chaotic nutjob on their own, but are Christian and love guns so they're grouped in to create a far-right.  The other part of the far-right are usually decent people, with what are considered "outdated" beilefs - piously Christian and stupid and usually over 55.  Personally, I don't recognize them either because the world is NEVER going back to the way of life they desire.  

Reguardless of any of that, they don't outright wish someone would murder their opponents.  Not publicly, anyway.  In America, having any self-awareness, you know you can't even display your pride as republican(see the "coming out" threads online after the assassination attempt) without being condemned for not following the hive mind.

For much of your last paragraph, we simply butt-heads; I demonize people illegally crossing the boarder.  I don't care if someone is gay but the goal-posting and constant and virile push of their sex lives and bodies is nauseating. I think abortions are barbaric and diabolical. I think killing babies is wrong... woman's rights?  What about the babies rights? 

I don't think anyone will be backstabbed, merely that if our allies want asylum embassies, they need to pay for them.  

If you've noticed, the handling of COVID was terrible on both sides as well - Fauci misled the entire nation and lets face it, the world while pretending his words were from a burning bush.

Trump stated he's not involved with Project 2025, not sure what else you want him to do until he's president.  

If you mean institutions like the FBI and IRS, he can't weaken them fast enough.  The FBI are known liars and corrupt as they come and the IRS... is the IRS.  I'd add the Secret Service to the list now too - useless lot that they are.  First-class agents indeed.

There are incentives for corruption so long as there is capital - if he tried to cut into that pie, why... he'd be met with deadly force...

Hitler was a fascist but that isn't my point, it's that there are different levels even to that, Hitler killed millions of people and invaded half of Europe, fascism is fucked up no matter who does it but some people are more successful at causing damage than others, such as Hitler. Trump is a fascist-wannabe and we'll have to see if America's institutions can keep him in check, the same ones he wants to weaken.

You must be living under a rock in regards to Trump and Putin's relationship, Trump idolises the man and has regularly praised him, he looks up to similar assholes like Viktor Orban, a man who is well known to be friends with Putin, Trump has told Orban once he comes into power he won't send a single $ more to Ukraine and who does that benefit? Putin. Who has just met with Putin and then immediately straight after Trump? Orban.

Putin was hardly going to invade during COVID now was he? His soldiers would have dropped off like flies, plus it takes time to amass an army of hundreds of thousands, Putin moved when he did because it was now or never, Ukraine was only going to get stronger and make an invasion even more difficult. Putin absolutely would have moved in Trump's 2nd term still and I bet anything Putin expected a 2nd term but it didn't happen and he couldn't wait any longer, he isn't getting any younger, Ukraine is getting stronger.

Trump's Vice President is a guy who has said that he doesn't care what happens to Ukraine and said that Ukraine should surrender its land to Putin. As soon as Trump gets into power, he will throw Ukraine (and by extension, Europe) under the bus and let Russia takes whatever it wants. Europe won't stand by and let that happen but I guess Americans like yourself don't give a fuck about your European allies or human lives outside of America.

If not for France, you guys would be still under British rule and who was it that invoked Article 5 after a terrorist attack? Oh, America. Americans like yourself act like Europe has never done anything for America, we fought the damn Nazis for years while you sat in a neutral position only for that to backfire when Japan decided to attack you. Practically every single war, UK has been by America's side but when Europe needs you it's "Lol. Go Fuck Yourselves and Die"

I'd say don't come running to Europe next time a terrorist attacks you, don't come running to Europe with help against China...Fortunately for you, I don't actually mean those things because if Taiwan were attacked, I would want UK to protect the innocents, unlike MAGA, I wouldn't want UK to abandon its allies and sit back and watch millions die when we can do something.

America and Europe have been allies for a long time, Trump is the only President in recent history that wants to backstab Europe and throw us to Russia. You don't understand why America has embassies in Europe, or why every American President maintained military relationships with Europe, the previous Republican Presidents understood why it's important, only Trump is stupid enough to think becoming isolationist would be a good thing for America.

The far-right aren't politically affiliated? You're kidding right? Lol. The far-left who have no actual far-left House or Senate members are politically affiliated but the far-right who have multiple House/Senate members aren't? Seriously? That's what you're going with? MTG? JD Vance? The MAGA cult itself is largely made up of far-right individuals. How about all the far-right rallies? How about the far-right groups that took part in the Jan 6th insurrection? Proud Boys? Nick Fuentes and his crew of incels? The Americans who openly walk around with goddamn Nazi flags in some states?

Evangelical Christians and Gun Nuts is the MAGA cult and they certainly treat Trump like their next Messiah. Evangelical Christianity is a poison to America and no different than the people who take the Muslim religion to an extreme, Christians act better than every other religion but they have just as many extremists using their religions name for sick shit.

I've given you dozens of examples of the far-right wishing harm on political opponents, from voters to actual members of Congress, both privately and publicly, and yes I agree that left wing voters do it too but when it comes to the actual people in power, I see it far more from Republicans nowadays. 

You don't care if someone is gay but their sex lives and bodies nauseate you? Lol...Give me a break, do you take issue when straight guys talk about their sex lives? Cause they do just as much, if not more than gay people, a lot of men can't shut up about their sex lives, have you ever been to College before? Guys will bang on about their "body counts" 

It's the woman's body, it is her choice and ultimately the woman comes before the unborn baby in most civilised societies, it's absolutely sick to suggest, as some Republicans do, that women who have been raped or babies a result of incest, should be forced to term, or women with nonviable pregnancies no longer being able to safely and medically abort it and in fact, near total abortion bans often result in even more deaths, rich people can go and get their abortion still out of state, poor people are forced into having a baby they don't want, go under immense physical and mental stress and don't say "give the baby up for adoption" when adoption agencies are already choke full of children looking for a home.

But yeah, force them to have a baby, especially during the early stages when its nothing but a collection of cells.

How did Fauci misled the nation? I'm not sure I want to know, feel like I'm about to get antivax shit thrown at me based on what you've already said.

Trump denied P25 because it was starting to hurt him as it finally broke into the mainstream, it has been talked about for almost a year now but Trump only talks about it when it was trending everywhere, he claims to know nothing about it, but it's full of both former and current Trump admin staff helping it, P25 campaigners have said that Trump is only saying what he's saying because he needs to distance himself from it for now and obviously, Trump has never lied in the past before has he? So we can just trust him that he knows nothing about P25.

Cheering on weakening the FBI...Christ.

Right, the same talking points that are parroted by the media every single day.  You had a decent thing going for the first half of that post but that hive mindset started gushing out.  You say you don't like the far left but... you just defend everything they propagate. 

We could go back and forth on this, whataboutisms and filibustering and that doesn't sound fun.  We're ideologically opposed and it never gets anywhere.  Yeah, I might say some anti-vax shit, yeah I might get on a soapbox about how pride day now takes an entire month, I might tell you you're evil for being pro-choice.  It always just ends with a perceived "gotcha" and each party believing they won.

I didn't come here to isle defend but it seemed things have morphed that way.  You make some good points and I'm aware the right isn't very good either.  Very deplorable stuff on both sides.  My frustrations are mainly on the celebration that a presidential candidate almost lost his life and the jovial nature a large portion of Americans are treating the loss of life and near-miss.  

I have shown some ignorance in this thread and I think we all do at some point.  We can be different without being divided - I know there are many who think it's all a mechanism of a deep state or some shadowy institute to keep us fighting.  I'd rather not.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:

My initial and overall point was about assassinations and you compared that to mass shootings. I can only hope you weren't being serious or don't get it because that would mean 4 or more Presidents at the same time, which hasn't ever happened and is just absurd based on what I said.

What are you even talking about?
Your response to my exhaustive list of assassinations and attempted assassinations was to make the issue bigger by including other forms of crime in your argument to justify being against Gun control.

And I rebuked that. So if you are upset at things being shifted to other forms of crime, then perhaps -you- shouldn't initiate that shift in conversation in the first place.

And now you are upset and going back to president assassinations? What game are you trying to play? Normally you don't play these kinds of games, Eric. Do better.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9525380
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9525409

EricHiggin said:

I'm not suggesting anything, I made a point, and you're either not being serious and equating it with something else or again, just don't get it.

You haven't made a point.

Fact is... Historically multiple Presidents in the USA's history has been assassinated... And there have been several dozens more in attempts.

The evidence doesn't lie.

EricHiggin said:

As for why not try it and see if it works, everyone knows once something get's implemented, it's very difficult to remove, especially if it get's implemented at the highest levels of Government, then it's darn near impossible to remove. Yet even when some entity does all the hard work, or comes along with the power and ability to remove something, and does finally remove it, then the next person who comes along with enough power will likely just put it back into place. It's pretty rare when something get's removed and stays removed. You're unaware of this?

False.

The USA flip-flops on issues all the time... Isn't the Abortion issue the current hot flip-flop issue in politics in the USA?

Then you have the Alcohol ban in 1920 until 1933.

Trump rolled back a ton of legistlation/laws and so forth when he was in power last.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/08/24/what-trump-has-undone/

Seems "Rolling back things that get implemented" is statistically easy... Making your statement ultimately... False.

EricHiggin said:

You tried to make a point about assassinations and guns with mass shootings, in another Country at that, which was already outside the point. Then assassination plots, the one's known anyway, which is way outside the point because they don't necessarily include guns, with an example of throwing a grenade, which isn't a gun. Why not take into account throwing shoes, which happened, was a ridiculous point to show how far you were from the main point already, so far in no way could I take it seriously. Again, you're not being genuine or you just don't get it.

The USA needs to grow up and implement gun control.

-you- shifted the discussion initially from assassinations, don't get upset that I carrier it onwards.

EricHiggin said:

I wont be responding again FYI. Clearly there is a large disconnect here that looks to be insurmountable, and I'm not going to take part in playing games or raising the temperature. Everyone see's where that's got America.

The disconnect you initiated ironically enough. Haha
Turn and run...

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ryuu96 said:

John 6:35

Jesus said to them, "Get mad at me if you want to. Some folks need killing! It's time for somebody to say it."

Amen. 👏

"35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

IkePoR said:
Ryuu96 said:

-Snip-

Right, the same talking points that are parroted by the media every single day.  You had a decent thing going for the first half of that post but that hive mindset started gushing out.  You say you don't like the far left but... you just defend everything they propagate. 

We could go back and forth on this, whataboutisms and filibustering and that doesn't sound fun.  We're ideologically opposed and it never gets anywhere.  Yeah, I might say some anti-vax shit, yeah I might get on a soapbox about how pride day now takes an entire month, I might tell you you're evil for being pro-choice.  It always just ends with a perceived "gotcha" and each party believing they won.

I didn't come here to isle defend but it seemed things have morphed that way.  You make some good points and I'm aware the right isn't very good either.  Very deplorable stuff on both sides.  My frustrations are mainly on the celebration that a presidential candidate almost lost his life and the jovial nature a large portion of Americans are treating the loss of life and near-miss.  

I have shown some ignorance in this thread and I think we all do at some point.  We can be different without being divided - I know there are many who think it's all a mechanism of a deep state or some shadowy institute to keep us fighting.  I'd rather not.

I love when people say that to me, when I barely even watch the media and regularly talk trash about both UK's and America's media, Lol. I formulate my own opinions with my own mind based on what I can see with my own eyes, I don't let "media" tell me what to think or say, unlike Trump fans who go on his every word cause again, he's their Messiah.

What "far-left" opinion did I defend? Since when was pro-choice a far-left opinion? Since when was calling out Christian extremism a far-left opinion? Since when was not being "nauseated" by gay people a far left opinion? Calling our far-right people is a far-left thing now? Not wanting to weaken the FBI is a far-left opinion? (Uhh, thought the right were all about "law and order"), not being antivax is a far-left opinion? Lol. If these are far-left opinions then there's a lot of far-left countries. There's far-left who are antivax too, there's far-left who shill for Russia as much as MAGA. I'm going to guess we're more than ideologically opposed, more like scientifically opposed in some cases. Pride day takes an entire month? Must be hell for you huh, seeing gay people happy.

America has a mass shooting on the regular nowadays, I'm not surprised people have quickly stopped giving a shit about some dude getting his ear clipped off but ultimately being perfectly fine, well enough to go golfing immediately after, why should people give Trump that much concern? Republicans like Trump never did a damn thing to try to prevent other shootings, he told people to get over it, Trump couldn't even be bothered to call the family of his dead supporter and instead fucked off golfing. Why should people spend their time moping around about a guy who acts like that? Who regularly expresses violent rhetoric? His ear got clipped off, he's fine, life goes on, people have their lives to live, what do you want from them? Spend the next week in mourning?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 July 2024

padib said:
Ryuu96 said:

Jesus said to them, "Get mad at me if you want to. Some folks need killing! It's time for somebody to say it."

Amen. 👏

"35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty."

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
IkePoR said:

I love when people say that to me, when I barely even watch the media and regularly talk trash about both UK's and America's media, Lol. I formulate my own opinions with my own mind based on what I can see with my own eyes, I don't let "media" tell me what to think or say, unlike Trump fans who go on his every word cause again, he's their Messiah.

What "far-left" opinion did I defend? Since when was pro-choice a far-left opinion? Since when was calling out Christian extremism a far-left opinion? Since when was not being "nauseated" by gay people a far left opinion? Calling our far-right people is a far-left thing now? Not wanting to weaken the FBI is a far-left opinion? (Uhh, thought the right were all about "law and order"), not being antivax is a far-left opinion? Lol. If these are far-left opinions then there's a lot of far-left countries. There's far-left who are antivax too, there's far-left who shill for Russia as much as MAGA. I'm going to guess we're more than ideologically opposed, more like scientifically opposed in some cases. Pride day takes an entire month? Must be hell for you huh, seeing gay people happy.

America has a mass shooting on the regular nowadays, I'm not surprised people have quickly stopped giving a shit about some dude getting his ear clipped off but ultimately being perfectly fine, well enough to go golfing immediately after, why should people give Trump that much concern? Republicans like Trump never did a damn thing to try to prevent other shootings, he told people to get over it, Trump couldn't even be bothered to call the family of his dead supporter and instead fucked off golfing. Why should people spend their time moping around about a guy who acts like that? Who regularly expresses violent rhetoric? His ear got clipped off, he's fine, life goes on, people have their lives to live, what do you want from them? Spend the next week in mourning?

Classic stawmaning and more whataboutism.  As I said, I'm not here for that, so respectfully, lets move on before your hinge gets any looser. 

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Ryuu96 said:
padib said:

You're misquoting Jesus in the bible to encourage violence, I don't understand how it's funny from any angle I'm checking. And I have a pretty good sense of humor. I don't like reading you saying that some people need to be killed, it's extreme regardless of how you're going to try to spin it. And don't waste your time trying to convince me, I hate how warmongering you've been on these forums for a long time. You shouldn't have such a loud voice here.

padib said:
Ryuu96 said:

You're misquoting Jesus in the bible to encourage violence, I don't understand how it's funny from any angle I'm checking. And I have a pretty good sense of humor. I don't like reading you saying that some people need to be killed, it's extreme regardless of how you're going to try to spin it. And don't waste your time trying to convince me, I hate how warmongering you've been on these forums for a long time. You shouldn't have such a loud voice here.

Lol

Lmao even

IkePoR said:

Funny, the image defining facism on wikipedia is exactly of Hitler.  I won't get into the psychology of that coloration.  If he does support Putin, Putin has a funny way of showing it; he didn't move an inch until after Trump wasn't president anymore. 

And Sony didn't put out PlayStation Portal until Joe Biden was president, so if people want Sony to make more portables, they should vote for Joe Biden I guess.

Two points I'm dumbly trying to make.

First is that just because two things happen doesn't mean they're related. 

And secondly, even if two things are related, doesn't mean they're related the "obvious way".

For example, maybe Putin felt that Trump was giving him enough support, and Russia didn't need to invade them. Or maybe the first Trump presidency gave Putin time to make plans to invade Ukraine. 

Putin "waiting" until 2022 to invade Ukraine doesn't mean anything. For clarity, I put waiting in quotes, because we have no idea what was happening behind the scenes. A lot of these things take way longer than people seem to realize, and I think it's pretty likely that the plans started during Trump's presidency.  

IkePoR said:

Reguardless of any of that, they don't outright wish someone would murder their opponents.  Not publicly, anyway.  In America, having any self-awareness, you know you can't even display your pride as republican(see the "coming out" threads online after the assassination attempt) without being condemned for not following the hive mind.

Not even close. 

The whole conservative platform is that they're being victimized even when they're being catered to.

Republicans tend to be excessively proud of being Republican. They wear MAGA hats, American Flags, Gadsden flags, etc. And liberals don't. To the point where conservatives are convinced that the election was stolen, "because they don't know anyone who has voted for Biden".

IkePoR said:

For much of your last paragraph, we simply butt-heads; I demonize people illegally crossing the boarder.  I don't care if someone is gay but the goal-posting and constant and virile push of their sex lives and bodies is nauseating. I think abortions are barbaric and diabolical. I think killing babies is wrong... woman's rights?  What about the babies rights? 

Let me throw a proposal to you.

A 6 year old boy has some kind of kidney disease and he's going to die without a match.  You're the only match in the world. Are you okay with the government taking your kidney regardless of your will?

IkePoR said:

If you've noticed, the handling of COVID was terrible on both sides as well - Fauci misled the entire nation and lets face it, the world while pretending his words were from a burning bush.

Trump stated he's not involved with Project 2025, not sure what else you want him to do until he's president.  

If you mean institutions like the FBI and IRS, he can't weaken them fast enough.  The FBI are known liars and corrupt as they come and the IRS... is the IRS.  I'd add the Secret Service to the list now too - useless lot that they are.  First-class agents indeed.

There are incentives for corruption so long as there is capital - if he tried to cut into that pie, why... he'd be met with deadly force...

Fauci didn't. 

Trump is a well known liar.

And yet you alternatively must be very comfortable with the idea of corporations vying for capital. Desperate corporations and billionaires that need capital to exist over a democratically controlled government.

Not that I think there's no corruption in government. But I think it's a lot easier to elect better people than it is to get rid of billionaires who are the only ones who sell us everything. 

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 16 July 2024

Fauci is a liar and a little Gremlin.  Liberals are built on victim complexes and have the support major corporations they pretend to hate.  Most major media is on their side.  That is all.  By all means continue the projection and delusion tho!

I am Iron Man