By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rank FromSoftware games from best to worst.

Favourite From Soft game..

Elden Ring 8 33.33%

Armoured core 6 2 8.33%

Sekiro 2 8.33%

Bloodborne 5 20.83%

Darksouls 3 4 16.67%

Dark souls 2 1 4.17%

Dark souls 1 0 0%

Demon souls 0 0%

Metal Wolf Chaos 2 8.33%

Total:24
zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

That's why I stick The Witcher 3 on the highest difficulty, it still becomes easy mid way through after you've gained certain skills and gear, you can choose to not over Gear if you're inclined but that's where part of the fun is, the game is so long that you don't want the combat to be as hard all the way in, you wanna feel like you're getting stronger. Perhaps that is a flaw that would arrise in a Western RPG crossed with a souls borne. Getting roadblocked at a boss would become more annoying if it was preventing story progression if you're dialed into a story beat. 

And yup, as much as it adds a sense of wonder, deciphering the story and picking together what you are drip fed is not ideal, it only works for Bloodborne given it's cosmic horror vibe. It's was trash in Souls and even worse in Elden Ring cause they actually are mediocre stories when you dive deeper with mediocre themes and an even worse vibe. I'd admit the Sekiro is the second best story but wins in the way it's told, it's up front enough but you can dive deeper if you want and has the multiple ending paths throughout the game albeit if you have the Japanese language on. They made such a mistake with localisation. 

Yea witcher 3 was gonna be one of my faves games of all time and then it became brain dead easy by the mid point. if Witcher 4 could have some great combat that stays challenging that would be truly something special.

I didn't find that bad lol, and i played in English but you making me feel like replaying it in Japanese.  

Nah, ya don't need to replay it in Japanese, it just has a better more solid tone than the English version and the story feels more authentic and ... obtuse but in a good way. 

Around the Network

I knew Elden Ring would dominate on the poll but nice to see Bloodborne holding it's own, glad to see people haven't forgotten how good that game is even in it's 30 fps, frame pacing and slightly dated form. Man we need a remaster/remake, one with new content, a few new areas and bosses, boss gauntlets, weapons and the like since they seem so hesitant to do a sequel.

C'mon. Need more poll data.

If you want their worst game. Probably something along the lines of Echo Night Beyond. Eternal Ring. Kuon. Or the PS3 port of Enchanted Arms. Enchanted Arms isn't the best RPG either but the PS3 port was abysmal. It looked a generation behind on PS3 as opposed to the 360 version.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

LegitHyperbole said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

From the ones I've played:

1. Elden Ring - 8.5/10
  2. Dark Souls III - 8/10
  3. Dark Souls - 7.5/10
  4. Bloodborne - 7.5/10
  5. Dark Souls II - 6.5/10

You're a harsh critic, lol. I thought my scale was tough.

Well, just my honest take. As much as I like the combat and worlds/aesthetics there are several issues with the core formula that drag them down in my eyes.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
Leynos said:

If you want their worst game. Probably something along the lines of Echo Night Beyond. Eternal Ring. Kuon. Or the PS3 port of Enchanted Arms. Enchanted Arms isn't the best RPG either but the PS3 port was abysmal. It looked a generation behind on PS3 as opposed to the 360 version.

Ouch, that's by far the worst comparison of a game on similar hardware I've seen. At least the sky box is better. 

Amored Core 4
Armored Core 6
and rest of the soul games

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

Amored Core 4
Armored Core 6

hellobion2 said:

Amored Core 4
Armored Core 6

Try Sekiro. It's phenomenal, one of the best video games of all time.