By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rank FromSoftware games from best to worst.

Favourite From Soft game..

Elden Ring 8 33.33%

Armoured core 6 2 8.33%

Sekiro 2 8.33%

Bloodborne 5 20.83%

Darksouls 3 4 16.67%

Dark souls 2 1 4.17%

Dark souls 1 0 0%

Demon souls 0 0%

Metal Wolf Chaos 2 8.33%

Total:24
LegitHyperbole said:

I apologise for all the fromsoft threads I have brought to this site, I'm autistic and FromSoft have gained my interest. I recently played all my favourites again from start to finish, apart from DS3 where I got bored near the end and the ranking of the games without rose tinted glasses has surpsied me greatly with Sekiro (is it even a souls game?) coming out on top after multiple playthroughs and I feel there are more playthroughs to come, I wanna get to NG+7. Sekiro is truly an emaculate game if there ever was one, it's so finely tuned and masters exactly what it set out to do, boss battles are the most rewarding and andrinaline inducing of any game I've played. My list goes like this in 2024...

1. Sekiro (10/10)

2. Bloodborne (10/10)

3. Elden Ring (10/10)

4. Dark souls 3 (9/10)

5. Dark souls 1 (7/10)

6. Dark souls 2 (5/10)

Yes, I have not played Armoured core 6, Demon souls or the games prior to them releasing souls. I choose the most popular for the poll. 

You guys need to watch this. one of the best fighting game players in the world getting smoked by the first boss, makes me want to replay elden ring lol.

Around the Network

Being good at fighting games means nothing to that genre. If he struggled in DMC that would be interesting. Those are closely related. May as well say top FPS gamer struggles with Mech Warrior.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

zeldaring said:

1. Sekiro (10/10) best game ever

2. Bloodborne (10/10)

3. Elden Ring (9.5/10) Too big and needs a side quests notes to saved where you can read somewhere, story is Ass.

4. Dark souls 3 (8/10)

Played dark souls 2 on 360 and it looked like mud and was janky as hell, I only got to the boss and turned it off.

Whoah, best game ever. High praise. I'm confident that is people went back and played these games now side by side they'd rate Sekiro higher. I think the biggest mistake From made with Sekiro made was the slow ass upgrade tree for the prosthetic and the sluggish skill tree, like you obviously need some of the tools sooner but many aren't there until the end boss or NG+, I guess it does make NG+ feel sweeter but also detracts from the first run of the game. Like in Souls, you have 50 choices of how you want approach the game by the time you're at the first boss, in Sekiro you have to grind like hell and even then things are blocked off until much later into the game and only in NG+ do you gain the freedom of choice in approaching the game with a slew of tools and psuedo builds. Also, I assume people be playing the game with English voices, that is a real stain on the game. Japanese should be the default cause, ugh, it's so bad. For me it's so close between BB, ER and Sekiro but I still don't think they have anything on Western RPG's like Divinty original sin, the Witcher or Balduars Gate 3 (I've yet to play) because they have everything these games have but allow for story choice and have engaging stories among many other systems that souls lacks. Like, Demon souls was an attempt by Sony at emulating Oblivion and gained it's success as a genre at FAILING to do so. While I think these games have outpaced western RPG's in real time combat, tone and itemization, among other aspects they have a long way to catch up in terms of story, world interaction, variety of gameplay, quest design, emergent gameplay etc. They are definitely contenders for top ten though. 

Oh what a world it would be if a developer like Larian joined forces with FromSoft and brought the best aspects of each to a game, spawning something that would blow everything else out of the water. I can't even imagine how mind boggling a cross between Elden Ring and Boulders gate 3 would be. It'd be competition even for Rockstar and take two. 

Leynos said:

Being good at fighting games means nothing to that genre. If he struggled in DMC that would be interesting. Those are closely related. May as well say top FPS gamer struggles with Mech Warrior.

Not really. Fighting games are very similar to dark souls just with out the combos. it's all about reading/memorizing  your enemies attacks and finding  openings, as well as reaction time.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 14 July 2024

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I apologise for all the fromsoft threads I have brought to this site, I'm autistic and FromSoft have gained my interest. I recently played all my favourites again from start to finish, apart from DS3 where I got bored near the end and the ranking of the games without rose tinted glasses has surpsied me greatly with Sekiro (is it even a souls game?) coming out on top after multiple playthroughs and I feel there are more playthroughs to come, I wanna get to NG+7. Sekiro is truly an emaculate game if there ever was one, it's so finely tuned and masters exactly what it set out to do, boss battles are the most rewarding and andrinaline inducing of any game I've played. My list goes like this in 2024...

1. Sekiro (10/10)

2. Bloodborne (10/10)

3. Elden Ring (10/10)

4. Dark souls 3 (9/10)

5. Dark souls 1 (7/10)

6. Dark souls 2 (5/10)

Yes, I have not played Armoured core 6, Demon souls or the games prior to them releasing souls. I choose the most popular for the poll. 

You guys need to watch this. one of the best fighting game players in the world getting smoked by the first boss, makes me want to replay elden ring lol.

Fighting games are all combos but you'd think his reaction time and ability to read movesets would help. I suppose he relies on muscle memory more than anything much like the way you'd think you'd be able to trash a boss in souls after beating one similarly styled boss but it only goes so far, as soon as the moves change you gotta relearn and adjust. 

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Demon Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 1 > Elden Ring >> Dark Souls 3

That's an interesting as fuck ranking, I assume you like the methodical gameplay. Why exactly is Demon souls the best? Do you mean the remake or the old version and why souls 2?

UnderwaterFunktown said:

From the ones I've played:

1. Elden Ring - 8.5/10
  2. Dark Souls III - 8/10
  3. Dark Souls - 7.5/10
  4. Bloodborne - 7.5/10
  5. Dark Souls II - 6.5/10

You're a harsh critic, lol. I thought my scale was tough.

LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

1. Sekiro (10/10) best game ever

2. Bloodborne (10/10)

3. Elden Ring (9.5/10) Too big and needs a side quests notes to saved where you can read somewhere, story is Ass.

4. Dark souls 3 (8/10)

Played dark souls 2 on 360 and it looked like mud and was janky as hell, I only got to the boss and turned it off.

Whoah, best game ever. High praise. I'm confident that is people went back and played these games now side by side they'd rate Sekiro higher. I think the biggest mistake From made with Sekiro made was the slow ass upgrade tree for the prosthetic and the sluggish skill tree, like you obviously need some of the tools sooner but many aren't there until the end boss or NG+, I guess it does make NG+ feel sweeter but also detracts from the first run of the game. Like in Souls, you have 50 choices of how you want approach the game by the time you're at the first boss, in Sekiro you have to grind like hell and even then things are blocked off until much later into the game and only in NG+ do you gain the freedom of choice in approaching the game with a slew of tools and psuedo builds. Also, I assume people be playing the game with English voices, that is a real stain on the game. Japanese should be the default cause, ugh, it's so bad. For me it's so close between BB, ER and Sekiro but I still don't think they have anything on Western RPG's like Divinty original sin, the Witcher or Balduars Gate 3 (I've yet to play) because they have everything these games have but allow for story choice and have engaging stories among many other systems that souls lacks. Like, Demon souls was an attempt by Sony at emulating Oblivion and gained it's success as a genre at FAILING to do so. While I think these games have outpaced western RPG's in real time combat, tone and itemization, among other aspects they have a long way to catch up in terms of story, world interaction, variety of gameplay, quest design, emergent gameplay etc. They are definitely contenders for top ten though. 

Oh what a world it would be if a developer like Larian joined forces with FromSoft and brought the best aspects of each to a game, spawning something that would blow everything else out of the water. I can't even imagine how mind boggling a cross between Elden Ring and Boulders gate 3 would be. It'd be competition even for Rockstar and take two. 

I only played the witcher 3 out those games you mentioned but the combat becomes brain dead as soon as you learn the mechanics that killed it for me because i need good combat with challenge to stay engaged in the game. Still a great game but not near my all time favorites.

I agree with you about fromsoftware being bad at stories in every game except for sekiro cause I loved the story in that game, and the characters were just  very interesting to me as well, but yea for me most video game stories suck and are over complicated, so it's not a big deal but it would nice to actually know wtf the story is with out a guide.

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I only played the witcher 3 out those games you mentioned but the combat becomes brain dead as soon as you learn the mechanics that killed it for me because i need good combat with challenge to stay engaged in the game. Still a great game but not near my all time favorites.

I agree with you about fromsoftware being bad at stories in every game except for sekiro cause I loved the story in that game, and the characters were just  very interesting to me as well, but yea for me most video game stories suck and are over complicated, so it's not a big deal but it would nice to actually know wtf the story is with out a guide.

That's why I stick The Witcher 3 on the highest difficulty, it still becomes easy mid way through after you've gained certain skills and gear, you can choose to not over Gear if you're inclined but that's where part of the fun is, the game is so long that you don't want the combat to be as hard all the way in, you wanna feel like you're getting stronger. Perhaps that is a flaw that would arrise in a Western RPG crossed with a souls borne. Getting roadblocked at a boss would become more annoying if it was preventing story progression if you're dialed into a story beat. 

And yup, as much as it adds a sense of wonder, deciphering the story and picking together what you are drip fed is not ideal, it only works for Bloodborne given it's cosmic horror vibe. It's was trash in Souls and even worse in Elden Ring cause they actually are mediocre stories when you dive deeper with mediocre themes and an even worse vibe. I'd admit the Sekiro is the second best story but wins in the way it's told, it's up front enough but you can dive deeper if you want and has the multiple ending paths throughout the game albeit if you have the Japanese language on. They made such a mistake with localisation. 

LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

That's why I stick The Witcher 3 on the highest difficulty, it still becomes easy mid way through after you've gained certain skills and gear, you can choose to not over Gear if you're inclined but that's where part of the fun is, the game is so long that you don't want the combat to be as hard all the way in, you wanna feel like you're getting stronger. Perhaps that is a flaw that would arrise in a Western RPG crossed with a souls borne. Getting roadblocked at a boss would become more annoying if it was preventing story progression if you're dialed into a story beat. 

And yup, as much as it adds a sense of wonder, deciphering the story and picking together what you are drip fed is not ideal, it only works for Bloodborne given it's cosmic horror vibe. It's was trash in Souls and even worse in Elden Ring cause they actually are mediocre stories when you dive deeper with mediocre themes and an even worse vibe. I'd admit the Sekiro is the second best story but wins in the way it's told, it's up front enough but you can dive deeper if you want and has the multiple ending paths throughout the game albeit if you have the Japanese language on. They made such a mistake with localisation. 

Yea witcher 3 was gonna be one of my faves games of all time and then it became brain dead easy by the mid point. if Witcher 4 could have some great combat that stays challenging that would be truly something special.

I didn't find that bad lol, and i played in English but you making me feel like replaying it in Japanese.