By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 27, 2024 (Jul 01 - Jul 07)

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

Again it's not games I love, it's games loved by the whole world and that are  critically acclaimed. I would also say the samething about us when shooters dominated everything 7th gen and motion controls it was a sad time as well 

How do you know those games are loved by the whole world? How did they sale in Australia or China or India? How much did they sale in Japan, including PC and digital?

Witcher 3, Resident evil 4 remake, and  elden ring were in the top sellers in most charts around the world I focus on Japan cause it is a big gaming market it would be nice to see other developers thriving other then nintendo but that seems offensive to you.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

How do you know those games are loved by the whole world? How did they sale in Australia or China or India? How much did they sale in Japan, including PC and digital?

Witcher 3, Resident evil 4 remake, and  elden ring were in the top sellers in most charts around the world I focus on Japan cause it is a big gaming market it would be nice to see other developers thriving other then nintendo but that seems offensive to you.

Those games did well in Japan too on PC, you just didn't know because this can't be reflected on Famitsu charts. This seems to be offensive to you, I wonder why that is?

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

Those games did well in Japan too on PC, you just didn't know because this can't be reflected on Famitsu charts. This seems to be offensive to you, I wonder why that is?

I'm talking about thriving when is the last time highly critically acclaimed game did 2 million-2.5 million not made from nintendo? Go ahead ill wait other then Minecraft which did 300 million ww.

zeldaring said:
Phenomajp13 said:

I'm talking about thriving when is the last time highly critically acclaimed game did 2 million-2.5 million not made from nintendo? Go ahead ill wait other then Minecraft which did 300 million ww.

Without the PC data and digital console sales, that is impossible to determine. Hogwarts Legacy could have done that last year but this is impossible to determine because of the lack of data. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand, no data means no conclusive evidence.

Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

Without the PC data and digital console sales, that is impossible to determine. Hogwarts Legacy could have done that last year but this is impossible to determine because of the lack of data. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand, no data means no conclusive evidence.

We have some evidence like witcher 3 doing 1 million total in Japan by 2023, and elden ring doing 1 million after hitting 20 million, certainly not thriving. Plus one of the greatest games of all time getting one of the best remakes only doing 300k physical in 2023 is pretty pathetic. 

Around the Network
Phenomajp13 said:
zeldaring said:

There are data, it's just rare and scattered 

Those are the most recent article I've found

https://www.serkantoto.com/2022/11/06/japan-pc-gaming-market/

https://www.serkantoto.com/2023/08/30/japan-gaming-market-size/

Console gaming market: 596.1 billion yen (hardware 209.8 billion yen + software 389.3 billion yen)

PC gaming market: 189.2 billion yen

Userbase of PC gamers is around 16 million as of 2021, with 4.5 million using exclusively PCs to game 

The best selling reported third party game in Japan was Elden Ring. It sold 1 million (PC+Xbox+Sony, physical and digital included). Around 500k were from physical boxed PS4/PS5 sales, I believe a 650-750k from PS platforms digital included are a fair estimation⁸

For big-budgeted AAA third parties Playstation still likely the platform they are still selling the best. Problem is even on Playstation they are selling poorly, I think the situation is overall just hopeless 

It's nice to see that Japan has different tastes to the West. I give that is offensive to some people.

TORicOPY said:

It's nice to see that Japan has different tastes to the West. I give that is offensive to some people.

Everything is thriving in the west. Japanese games are doing better then they do in japan, and no it's not offensive but it just says you want nintendo domination which is fine.

You seem to have trouble with the PS not selling in Japan. Even Microsoft has a game (Minecraft) that sells in Japan. I don't care sales in the West.

Last edited by TORicOPY - on 19 July 2024

TORicOPY said:

You seem to have trouble with the PS not selling in Japan. Even Microsoft has a game (Minecraft) that sells in Japan. I don't care sales in the West.

yea minecarft the game that did 300 million, finally something from the west is successful it only had to do 300 million WW.