By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gluttons For Punishment

LegitHyperbole said:

Most difficult boss I've ever fought. Took me three days and roughly a dozen hours or more to badly finish him. I can't even bring myself to replay this fight, it sends shivers up my spine. Only Metal Gear Rex as an 8 year old took me longer. 

Nice video i think once you are stuck at a boss past 3 hours it's time to watch youtube videos of hints of how to beat him.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Elden, I thought was fairly easy, to be clear I did use the ashen spirit clone.  The spirit by itself was a wrecking machine.  

Oh i never used the spirit  of ashes or help for bosses and i found it to be near sekiro hard. So you are not really looking for a challenge and more about the level design?

A bit of both.  I mean it is personal opinion/preference I suppose.  I like a challenge, but it needs to be fair.  Elden I used the spirits, but on my second run I may avoid using them.  The clone spirit is like a cheat code.  Overall I found Elden a bit boring.  The best is Demon and Souls 3.  I like hard bosses, but I don't have interest in trying the same boss for 5 hours.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Most difficult boss I've ever fought. Took me three days and roughly a dozen hours or more to badly finish him. I can't even bring myself to replay this fight, it sends shivers up my spine. Only Metal Gear Rex as an 8 year old took me longer. 

Nice video i think once you are stuck at a boss past 3 hours it's time to watch youtube videos of hints of how to beat him.

I don't find YouTube videos to be much help with Sekiro, I mean I did find out about the gimmick with Curropted monk and the snap seeds and stuff like that on the Internet but they can only tell you so much, your hands and muscle memory still have to be trained to do the work. That second phase is rough, like I said to ya in the other thread, cause of the arena and camera. Isshin is technically more difficult than this fight but here your playing catch up not only with the boss but have more of a tough time cause by the time you've caught him he could have already telegraphed and you've missed it or you lock back on just too late. I'd love to fight this boss in an open feild to see if he retains the difficulty. 

Chrkeller said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I know the spot your on about, before Butterfly and it is pretty egregious but they put an NPC there who will take aggro if you talk to him while you basically stealth rush the NPC's. It never gets like that on the game again plus the area is completely optional side content. 

I often did wonder if I took the wrong path a few times in the game.  I might grab is on steam and give it another go.  I do love from software.  

I'd highly recommend it, it's one of the best games of all time and easily the best souls game for the feeling of accomplished or that andrinalibe rush. At any rate, playing through the high wall of lotrhic to get to the first boss in Dark souls 3 or doing the run to get to level in in Bloodborne is far more punishing than anything in Sekiro outside of the bosses. 

I beat Isshin Ashina for the Shura ending. Like every other boss in Sekiro (minus the folding screen monkies) it was so much fun over the 3 hours or so learning the fight and finding a strategy to beat him. This is one definitely the most rewarding Fromsoft game I've played. Not just the victory but every loss too and learning from the mistakes, so rewarding. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

I beat Isshin Ashina for the Shura ending. Like every other boss in Sekiro (minus the folding screen monkies) it was so much fun over the 3 hours or so learning the fight and finding a strategy to beat him. This is one definitely the most rewarding Fromsoft game I've played. Not just the victory but every loss too and learning from the mistakes, so rewarding. 

Best game ever imo. from the story and characters to the amazing world, level design and combat, it feel like the perfect game made for me.

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Oh i never used the spirit  of ashes or help for bosses and i found it to be near sekiro hard. So you are not really looking for a challenge and more about the level design?

A bit of both.  I mean it is personal opinion/preference I suppose.  I like a challenge, but it needs to be fair.  Elden I used the spirits, but on my second run I may avoid using them.  The clone spirit is like a cheat code.  Overall I found Elden a bit boring.  The best is Demon and Souls 3.  I like hard bosses, but I don't have interest in trying the same boss for 5 hours.  

Put your big boy pants on and finish one of the best games ever lol.

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Best game ever imo. from the story and characters to the amazing world, level design and combat, it feel like the perfect game made for me.

It's certainly special. BTW, did you try the Boss gauntlet? It's hard as nails cause you have 10 gourds for like 4 bosses in a row and the bosses are more difficult than the ones in the main story. 

LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

It's certainly special. BTW, did you try the Boss gauntlet? It's hard as nails cause you have 10 gourds for like 4 bosses in a row and the bosses are more difficult than the ones in the main story. 

No I think that would be too much for me and I have a huge back log Already. finished the game 5 times and  did everything there is to do.

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

No I think that would be too much for me and I have a huge back log Already. finished the game 5 times and  did everything there is to do.

Any tips on beating the true monk blocking Fountain head palace, they patched my cheese of sneaking up on her for the first death blow, that made the fight manageable but I'm in a war of attrition by the third phase now and she's brutal as fuck. I'm in NG+4 but wanna get to NG+7 so I can get the best grinding experience for the aquire all skills trophy which is fucked cause I used some levels to boost my attack power. 

Last edited by LegitHyperbole - on 11 July 2024