By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What second half 2024 game are you most excited about?

Most Anticipated Game for 2nd half of 2024

Astro Bot 394 41.69%

Marvel Vs Capcom Fighting Collection 51 5.40%

Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 211 22.33%

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 34 3.60%

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle 47 4.97%

Mario & Luigi: Brothership 87 9.21%

Avowed 33 3.49%

Lego Horizon Adventures 15 1.59%

Star Wars Outlaws 24 2.54%

Metaphor: DeFantazio 49 5.19%

Total:945

Probably either Mario Party Jamboree or Assassin's Creed Shadows. For multiplayer and single player respectively (goes without saying I guess).

DQ 3 Remake and Dead Rising remaster are close, though hard to rank those TOO high given they're rehashes of old games, albeit awesome ones.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

There are games coming out?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I answered earlier in the thread but I'm going to add another one for me. Even tho I own the physical on PS1. I'm HYPED AS HELL! To own it on PS5 (Also coming to Switch)  later this year. Wolf Fang. One of the best mecha run n gun games of the 90s. Originally an arcade game then later ported to Saturn/PS1.

https://www.play-asia.com/wolf-fang-skull-fang-saturn-tribute-boosted/13/70he89

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Surprisingly poor results for Metaphor. I think some people are on the fence and are concerned that it could be closer in quality to Soul Hackers 2 than a Persona.

Didn't check new previews (if there are any), but this might turn out to be a Persona tier GOTY candidate.

Dunno how I forgot in my previous post, yet I'm actually most looking forward to Max Mustard, what Astrobot should have been!

It's not in the announced section in the PSVR2 store but should be coming mid 2024, as in soon actually (but probably delayed)

Around the Network

I'm excited for Jeanne d' Arc. Never had a chance to play it .

Theyre not in the poll but I cant wait for Silent Hill 2 and hopefully, MGS Delta (if its coming this year)

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Kyuu said:

Surprisingly poor results for Metaphor. I think some people are on the fence and are concerned that it could be closer in quality to Soul Hackers 2 than a Persona.

Didn't check new previews (if there are any), but this might turn out to be a Persona tier GOTY candidate.

I mean, it could be a lot of people's "second" game choice on their list. Mario & Luigi Brothership isn't doing too hot either despite the fact I'm sure the excitement for it is pretty high.

Nonetheless, I think in the general SMT/Persona community, there's a generalised fear of Sega releasing another enhanced edition of the game one or two years later, which hinders it's potential.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Kyuu said:

I mean, it could be a lot of people's "second" game choice on their list. Mario & Luigi Brothership isn't doing too hot either despite the fact I'm sure the excitement for it is pretty high.

Nonetheless, I think in the general SMT/Persona community, there's a generalised fear of Sega releasing another enhanced edition of the game one or two years later, which hinders it's potential.

Zelda traditionally does better on the site than Mario and Astro Bot is more platformer so that could also have also taken some of the votes (though that might just be my vote).

Mar1217 said:
Kyuu said:

Like with most things that gain traction through the internet, that 'fear' of an enhanced edition is ridiculously stupid either way you think about it. The original releases of both Persona 5 and Shin Megami Tensei V were excellent to begin with. Releasing an enhanced edition later doesn't make them somehow bad or insufficient in retrospect, it's just a lazy trend of opinion that somehow made people think otherwise.

Those enhanced editions were also released years later with multiple improvements. It's not like other games that give suspicion they were holding back content so they could release another version not long after.

If Metaphor is the game you're most interested in, there's no logical reason to hold yourself back. If it's something that's just kind of on your radar, then in that sense I can understand waiting to see if they later release an improved version.

I will say specifically for Shin Megami Tensei V, I didn't finish that on Switch because it didn't feel like it was made to run on that system; I originally believed it would be getting a port not long after, but then it ended up being several years later before that happened, and only when they had a bunch of extra content and improvements ready.