By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which FromSoftware title should get a sequel or trilogy? (Poll)

Which Fromsoft games needs continuation the most...

Bloodborne 15 35.71%

Sekiro 8 19.05%

Elden Ring 6 14.29%

A new title 9 21.43%

Other 4 9.52%

Total:42
LegitHyperbole said:
Machina said:

I'd like another Dark Souls, failing that Bloodborne. Between Sekiro and Elden Ring, I prefer the latter, but if we're talking about their next game (or even the one after that) then I'd rather visit Sekiro; with Shadow of the Erdtree it almost feels like we've already had two Elden Ring games in two years.

Yep, it's too soon for Elden Ring again. Sekiro is too niche now that they have a mass audience and Bloodborne might be too old (or maybe the hype is enough to sell it to the masses) however if they did open world or at least Shadow of the Erd tree semi open instanced level design with Bloodborne that might be the sweet spot for the souls core fans and the Elden Ring newbies. 

Damn, I wish we could get all three. How did they get Dark souls 3 out a year after Bloodborne and then Sekiro so soon after that but now it takes 2 years for DLC? I'd reckon Dark souls is put to bed tbh and Elden Ring has replaced it as Darksouls replaced Demon souls. 

Sekiro sold 10 million it's not niche. 

I love both Bloodborne and Sekiro they are my favorites but sekiro really is something totally different then Dark souls gameplay wise while Bloodborne is just a more of a horror take with faster gameplay, so yea sekiro wins.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 01 July 2024

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

I hated Sekiro, could not get the battle system down. For me BB by a mile. Hell a remake at 4k 120 fps on PC would be stellar.

This is probably the take for most people that started playing dark souls style games they feel impossible and put them down, it's about challenging yourself and saying i'm gonna finish this no matter what, and of course the level design is also amazing. Sekiro becomes the easiest one with 2 playthrough's. 

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I hated Sekiro, could not get the battle system down. For me BB by a mile. Hell a remake at 4k 120 fps on PC would be stellar.

This is probably the take for most people that started playing dark souls style games they feel impossible and put them down, it's about challenging yourself and saying i'm gonna finish this no matter what, and of course the level design is also amazing. Sekiro becomes the easiest one with 2 playthrough's. 

I got through butterfly and stopped shortly after.  I'm tempted to grab it via steam sale to give it another go.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I got through butterfly and stopped shortly after.  I'm tempted to grab it via steam sale to give it another go.

Go for it, it's soooo good and you have like 70% of the game left. 

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

You should. Speaking of steam i was surprised to find out that sekiro has the highest score for user reviews on steam of any fromsoftware game so it can't be that challenging.   

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Yep, it's too soon for Elden Ring again. Sekiro is too niche now that they have a mass audience and Bloodborne might be too old (or maybe the hype is enough to sell it to the masses) however if they did open world or at least Shadow of the Erd tree semi open instanced level design with Bloodborne that might be the sweet spot for the souls core fans and the Elden Ring newbies. 

Damn, I wish we could get all three. How did they get Dark souls 3 out a year after Bloodborne and then Sekiro so soon after that but now it takes 2 years for DLC? I'd reckon Dark souls is put to bed tbh and Elden Ring has replaced it as Darksouls replaced Demon souls. 

I love both Bloodborne and Sekiro they are my favorites but sekiro really is something totally different then Dark souls gameplay wise while Bloodborne is just a more of a horror take with faster gameplay, so yea sekiro wins.

I'm not sure it gets any faster than Sekiro, way more so than BB. Alas, I suppose it is BB's vibe and setting that is a substantial part of the draw to it. Do you think BB open world game is possible?

LegitHyperbole said:
zeldaring said:

I'm not sure it gets any faster than Sekiro, way more so than BB. Alas, I suppose it is BB's vibe and setting that is a substantial part of the draw to it. Do you think BB open world game is possible?

Yea sekiro is much faster but BB is basically dark souls in a horror vibe, with faster more aggressive gameplay. These games are better off not being open world imo. Do you prefer the open world more then semi open world like BB and sekiro?

zeldaring said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Yea sekiro is much faster but BB is basically dark souls in a horror vibe, with faster more aggressive gameplay. These games are better off not being open world imo. Do you prefer the open world more then semi open world like BB and sekiro?

No the DLC has given me the opinion that I prefer Bloodbornes branching paths just slightly more but hate the two loading screens, if it was refined it's be preferable but the masses have spoken and I can't see Fromsoft go back, the sense of discovery in Elden Ring on the first playthrough is something else aswell, that's why I'd say open world Bloodborne or at least BB with a map menu like Elden Rings would solve the problems with BB's hub system.

LegitHyperbole said:

Sekiro is a 10 million-seller and their second-best-selling title after ER. Not to mention it's almost never on sale so these are mostly full-price purchases.

If anything it's the Souls games that are kind of niche, except for DS3, which exploded thanks to streamers.

haxxiy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Sekiro is a 10 million-seller and their second-best-selling title after ER. Not to mention it's almost never on sale so these are mostly full-price purchases.

If anything it's the Souls games that are kind of niche, except for DS3, which exploded thanks to streamers.

Wow, I was thinking it would have sold worse than BB. Damn, so people in mass actually liked Sekiro and all, I wouldn't have thunk it. Gotta wonder why they don't follow up on their successes, albeit I suppose their brand is their IP.