By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which was the better gen in your opinion?

Wii/PS3/360/DS/PSP 54 66.67%

Wii U/PS4/XBO/3DS/Vita 27 33.33%

Total:81
zeldaring said:
RedKingXIII said:

Stop distorting what I said. The XCX models are ugly but they're high quality models

They're ugly due to XCX terrible art style fir the characters. I said in my post the FF12 models look better "despite being from a PS2 gane", implying they are indeed worst than de XCX models. And I even said they look better because it's the "power of good art style"...

But eh. I shouldn't give attention to a troll.

Does it really matter? The end result when looking at the game is the ps2 model looks more pleasing. What other game that's impressive has this problem, yea I'll Name them none.

It matters a TON.  I personally think WWHD is the most visually pleasing game ever made....   which doesn't make the Wii U as powerful as a rtx 4090.

Graphics and art style are not the same thing.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Does it really matter? The end result when looking at the game is the ps2 model looks more pleasing. What other game that's impressive has this problem, yea I'll Name them none.

It matters a TON.  I personally think WWHD is the most visually pleasing game ever made....   which doesn't make the Wii U as powerful as a rtx 4090.

Who the heck said anything you suggested? Cell shaded is also a totally different art style. Look at 2 pics I posted can you blame for saying the characters look like ps2 graphics. The character models are not  impressive graphically or art style wise.

I don't think anything is wrong with saying this doesn't looks like it belongs in the 7th gen.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 21 July 2024

double post

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Who the heck said anything you suggested? Cell shaded is also a totally different art style. Look at 2 pics I posted can you blame for saying the characters look like ps2 graphics. The character models are not  impressive graphically or art style wise.

Don't know what to tell you, but you are out of your mind.  Having owned FF12 on the ps2 and XCX on the Wii U....  the technical graphics, including the models, aren't remotely close.  XCX wins by a long shot.  It isn't a competition... it isn't close.  This shouldn't be a debate.  

Edit

I still think XCX is boring and bland, while XII is excellent.  But putting them in the same fidelity bucket is just no.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 21 July 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Don't know what to tell you, but you are out of your mind.  Having owned FF12 on the ps2 and XCX on the Wii U....  the technical graphics, including the models, aren't remotely close.  XCX wins by a long shot.  It isn't a competition... it isn't close.  This shouldn't be a debate.  

Edit

I still think XCX is boring and bland, while XII is excellent.  But putting them in the same fidelity bucket is just no.  

Of course XCX destroys  FF12 I know this. I'm just saying its not hard to look at the pics because of combination of weak visuals and art style, and say these look like 6th gen  character  models. Btw why are people even defending these character models, they are the worst of any big game in the 7th gen artstyle and graphically. I said dark souls 2 looks like a ps2 game and no one defended that or even cared lmao.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 21 July 2024

Around the Network

Most of the 8th gen was Rocket League on PC for me (more like anger (mis)management league) so 7th gen by far.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Edit

Of course XCX destroys  FF12 I know this. I'm just saying its not hard to look at the pics because of combination of weak visuals and art style, and say these look like 6th gen  character  models. Btw why are people even defending these character models, they are the worst of any big game in the 7th gen artstyle and graphically. I said dark souls 2 looks like a ps2 game and no one defended that or even cared lmao.

I still think you are confusing technical output and art style.  Personally I'm not a fan of XCX and I am not defending it.  All I said is the Wii U is more powerful than the ps3 and it is.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I still think you are confusing technical output and art style.  Personally I'm not a fan of XCX and I am not defending it.  All I said is the Wii U is more powerful than the ps3 and it is.  

It really isn't though. your basing your opinion of what you think is more powerful, almost every AAA game ran 5-10fps  behind the 360 version. Wiiu GPU is about the same power as the 360  with 360 at 216 gflops vs 176 gflops, slightly more modern features but they are pretty close architecture wise and the CPU is more powerful on 360 by most accounts. what's your clear evidence that wiiu is more powerful? looking at how close these 2 machine were spec wise it's impossible to just look at a exlusives and yea this proves wiiu is more powerful. have you ever seen a more powerful console or GPU lose in the majority of ports in a big way?

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

It really isn't though. your basing your opinion of what you think is more powerful, almost every AAA game ran 5-10fps  behind the 360 version. Wiiu GPU is about the same power as the 360  with 360 at 216 gflops vs 176 gflops, slightly more modern features but they are pretty close architecture wise and the CPU is more powerful on 360 by most accounts. what's your clear evidence that wiiu is more powerful? looking at how close these 2 machine were spec wise it's impossible to just look at a exlusives and yea this proves wiiu is more powerful. have you ever seen a more powerful console or GPU lose in the majority of ports in a big way?

Sure and some games run better on ps5 than PC...  Shit ports don't mean anything.

The Wii U had more modern chipset and 2x the ram of the 360 and 4x more than the ps3.  

And teraflops is an utterly worthless benchmark and should be banned from discussion.

And yeah, some N64 ports were meh, like RE2.  The ps1 version held its own.  That doesn't mean the N64 wasn't significantly more powerful.

Edit 

My memory might be off.  Wii U had 4x more ram than the 360 and 8x more than the ps3?  I can't recall exactly.  But it was a huge difference.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 21 July 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Sure and some games run better on ps5 than PC...  Shit ports don't mean anything.

The Wii U had more modern chipset and 2x the ram of the 360 and 4x more than the ps3.  

And teraflops is an utterly worthless benchmark and should be banned from discussion.

And yeah, some N64 ports were meh, like RE2.  The ps1 version held its own.  That doesn't mean the N64 wasn't significantly more powerful.

Oh come every GPU that's 2x in power to the 360 ran circles in the majority of ports so please don't use that excuse. DF even used a GPU that had 352 gflops and tested games it crushed the 360. wiiu only had 1 gig of ram for games.

Xenos Xenon 360 gpu

CORES240

TMUS16

ROPS8

MEMORY SIZE512 MB

MEMORY TYPEGDDR3

GRAPHICS PROCESSORLatte wiiu basically the same class gpu as the 360. 

CORES160

TMUS16

ROPS8

MEMORY SIZE2 GB

MEMORY TYPEDDR3

BUS WIDTH64 bit