By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 25, 2024 (Jun 17 - Jun 23)

Shadows of Erdtree deserved more sales

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

This comes with the full game. The DLC itself sold much more 

Pinkie_pie said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

I get that. Still thinking it deserves much more sales

IcaroRibeiro said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Why? You expected people to just buy the full game again or they waited for the DLC to buy the game?

Pinkie_pie said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Why? You expected people to just buy the full game again or they waited for the DLC to buy the game?

Second option mostly. The base game did well selling over 1 million copies (PC and digital sales included) but I think this a Game of Generation, so it deserved a bit more sales and I was hoping the DLC and better PS5 stock could attract new players who skipped the base game 

Around the Network

At this point, there probably just aren't that many prospective buyers left in Japan who don't already have a Switch; it's well and truly nearing saturation.

With Japan's declining population, I wonder if any other system will ever outsell it.

IcaroRibeiro said:
Pinkie_pie said:

Second option mostly. The base game did well selling over 1 million copies (PC and digital sales included) but I think this a Game of Generation, so it deserved a bit more sales and I was hoping the DLC and better PS5 stock could attract new players who skipped the base game 

Must be a typo but the base game sold more than 1 million copies. Last I heard it was over 20 million sold

Pinkie_pie said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Must be a typo but the base game sold more than 1 million copies. Last I heard it was over 20 million sold

He's probably talking about Japan only

Norion said:

Either the direct had no impact or it prevented it from dropping into the mid to low 30's this week. With June doing worse than May the whole May being the weakest month of sales in Japan thing has not really been the case the last few years so that conventional wisdom might not be true any more.

To be fair if you watched the direct you probably have a switch already 

pavel1995 said:
Norion said:

Either the direct had no impact or it prevented it from dropping into the mid to low 30's this week. With June doing worse than May the whole May being the weakest month of sales in Japan thing has not really been the case the last few years so that conventional wisdom might not be true any more.

To be fair if you watched the direct you probably have a switch already 

It's not just watching it. It caused some positive buzz for Nintendo on social media so a lot of people who didn't watch it will have come across things about it and been reminded about the Switch.