By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, and other AAA titles bomb on iPhone/iPad

Content removed.

Around the Network

"On iPhone, the internal resolution is extremely low. On the default "high" graphics setting, it counted in at about 300p in the shots I tested"

"We're very often in the low to mid 20s here, with plenty of frame-time variation."

DF on AC

Lol, Soundwave was right. The big 3 need to fear apple and their magical M chips.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 11 July 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

"On iPhone, the internal resolution is extremely low. On the default "high" graphics setting, it counted in at about 300p in the shots I tested"

"We're very often in the low to mid 20s here, with plenty of frame-time variation."

DF on AC

Lol, Soundwave was right. The big 3 need to fear apple and their magical M chips.

He went missing after this thread. realistically The big 3 need to fear PC, but nintendo the least cause they have japan. 

If I'm at home, I would rather game on a console or PC.

If I'm on the go, I don't really have the time to game, I usually just browse online for a few minutes.

Plus, playing these large, complex games just feels better with a controller or mouse and keyboard.

It makes sense to me that AAA games don't sell well on mobile and tablets.

By the time phones reach the point of being able to easily handle AAA PS5/XBS games, console gaming will have moved on to PS6 and Nextbox.
The laws of physics simply prevent a phone with its tiny form factor from competing with a big box plugged into the mains and with active cooling.

As to whether ports like this are worth it, the market seems to have spoken with a resounding "no".

Around the Network

Idk why they should fear pc nobody wants to pay that much to play video games or pc took over everything I'd quit gaming 

APerfectCircle said:

Idk why they should fear pc nobody wants to pay that much to play video games or pc took over everything I'd quit gaming 

Xbox is already being phased out by pc. PC are essentially able to do everything that consoles can do with out being locked into a eco system, free online play, cheaper games, plus emulation. Plus it's also a Pc.

ALinkInTime said:

If I'm at home, I would rather game on a console or PC.

If I'm on the go, I don't really have the time to game, I usually just browse online for a few minutes.

Plus, playing these large, complex games just feels better with a controller or mouse and keyboard.

It makes sense to me that AAA games don't sell well on mobile and tablets.

I feel the same way, mobile gaming is really for kids unless you have a job that has a lot of free time.

APerfectCircle said:

Depends on the numbers to be honest.  Ps5 is $500, online for 5 years is $400 and games are $10 more expensive on ps5...   

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

zeldaring said:

He went missing after this thread. realistically The big 3 need to fear PC, but nintendo the least cause they have japan. 

They also have their partnership with Universal Studios now, as well as Hollywood, they've their own interests and no fear. 

The other two however are still going to fight for control over an open platform (as we see via their ecosystem entrapments). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"