By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'What if Nintendo revealed a Concord', or would Nintendo get a different reaction than Sony if they revealed a Hero Shooter

It would still look awful. Hero Shooters are becoming a tired genre at this point anyway.

Around the Network

Totally. The internet loves Nintendo and hates Sony for many silly reasons starting for the fact that we live in an age where many people from the west are racist against things made in the west LOL.

Now the fact that people would trash any game coming from Sony and love any game Nintendo makes doesn't mean Sony is innocent, they should have known better with concord. The 5v5 genre has been saturated for years, I didn't hate how Concord looks and I KNOW the gameplay will be great because that team has ex bungies but how do you justify paying 40 for Concord when Overwatch is terrible but free, valorant is going to be on console for free and the marvel game is marvel? Even the other Sony service with the terrible name that I refuse to remember has a bigger chance of success because it's going to be a Payday kind of game and Payday 3 was terrible, opening the door for other games.

The truth is the hero shooter MOBA genre is exteremly competitive and even the biggest companies are struggling. These games need to be near perfect in all aspects in order to float: gameplay, microtransactions, price, inventory management, pace, art direction, Lore. It is one of the most difficult genre to be successful in at the moment. Really zero to do with Nintendo but one thing is sure, there is not a single genre Nintendo entered without the intent and follow-through to succeed, in my memory of their entire and huge library over 40 years in the console business. So they get the benefit of the doubt for sure. If they were to make a game like this, as hard as it may be, they would succeed. The reason is that Nintendo has a very strict duty to release high-quality games, as their software quality reputation is what allows them the huge sales they enjoy. If they ruin that, they could be in trouble. It would be like Ferrari releasing a lame car, it would mess everything up. Sony doesn't have that level of expectation from its games since it entered as a non game-maker and made games of varying level of quality, though admittedly today their 1st-party games are of very high quality, they often publish games or even fund games that are of lower quality but that failure of which does not really have a significant impact on their brand power. Finally, Sony is much less 1st-party dependent than Nintendo, whose success almost entirely rests on their first party library. Chips in that foundation could ruin everything for them, they'll never let it happen.

GymratAmarillo said:

Totally. The internet loves Nintendo and hates Sony for many silly reasons starting for the fact that we live in an age where many people from the west are racist against things made in the west LOL.

Now the fact that people would trash any game coming from Sony and love any game Nintendo makes doesn't mean Sony is innocent, they should have known better with concord. The 5v5 genre has been saturated for years, I didn't hate how Concord looks and I KNOW the gameplay will be great because that team has ex bungies but how do you justify paying 40 for Concord when Overwatch is terrible but free, valorant is going to be on console for free and the marvel game is marvel? Even the other Sony service with the terrible name that I refuse to remember has a bigger chance of success because it's going to be a Payday kind of game and Payday 3 was terrible, opening the door for other games.

Marvel is 3rd person, Valorant is a CSGO type game, Overwatch 2 doesn't have the same reception the original did. I think ppl tend to oversell how crowded this space really is.

Concord appears to be more of a arena shooter, something Overwatch 2 isn't even. As long as the game is good, and as long as the price point can be justified (I look back at ppl saying Helldivers 2 was DOA because it wasn't free), then the game will be able to carve out an audience. And that's the main thing, having a sustained audience, not being top of the charts forever. 

I think it would be somewhat successful just on the nostalgia factor alone.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

They would do it but with Mario and Zelda characters and will sell a shit load of copies. Also throw in a few pokemon and people will go bonkers