By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First trailer for Metroid Prime 4: Beyond, coming 2025

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

Did people really think it looked like a S2 game?  I can't say it looks next generation to me.  Don't get me wrong the game looks nice but not a generational leap. .

If you know what to look for it's pretty evidently a Switch 1 game, but shortly after it was shown, I saw quite a few people on forums or social media comment that it "looked too good for Switch" or that we must be looking at the Switch 2 version, and that's a testament to the skill and hard work of the team at Retro.

They have a long history of technical excellence going all the way back to Prime 1 in 2002, and its great to see that continue.

I think it's dumb that this game targets 60fps on switch that's why i thought it might be switch 2. You might ask why? well i just feel like they can do way more with 30fps on really dated tech, like better ai for enemies, much better looking and bigger environments and let the switch 2 get a huge benefit by getting the 1440p/60fps version.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

If you know what to look for it's pretty evidently a Switch 1 game, but shortly after it was shown, I saw quite a few people on forums or social media comment that it "looked too good for Switch" or that we must be looking at the Switch 2 version, and that's a testament to the skill and hard work of the team at Retro.

They have a long history of technical excellence going all the way back to Prime 1 in 2002, and its great to see that continue.

I think it's dumb that this game targets 60fps on switch that's why i thought it might be switch 2. You might ask why? well i just feel like they can do way more with 30fps on really dated tech, like better ai for enemies, much better looking and bigger environments and let the switch 2 get a huge benefit by getting the 1440p/60fps version.

Retro Studios always makes their games to run at 60fps, even when they were developing for Wii.

They could make the game more complex and pretty at 30fps, but the fluidity of 60fps has always been one of their top priorities.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

Retro Studios always makes their games to run at 60fps, even when they were developing for Wii.

They could make the game more complex and pretty at 30fps, but the fluidity of 60fps has always been one of their top priorities.

It's understandable i guess since they started making this in 2019 i guess. I wonder if everything is gonna be cross gen since most games coming out on switch 2 probably started being worked on 4 years ago.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Eww, strong disagree.  Prime has to be 60 fps.  A 30 fps shooter?  Yuck.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

I never tried prime series only super metroid on super nes  which i thought was good but nothing amazing. I wanted to try prime but i hear that its more about exploration and the combat is really bad, so that kind turned me off.

End of the day this game should have been made with switch 2 in mind and being the main focus on it.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I never tried prime series only super metroid on super nes  which i thought was good but nothing amazing. I wanted to try prime but i hear that its more about exploration and the combat is really bad, so that kind turned me off.

End of the day this game should have been made with switch 2 in mind and being the main focus on it.

Metroid is one of my favorite franchises.  But it is exploration first, fighting second.  It is a first person adventure, not first person shooter.

Friendly suggestion, if you like a challenge (I assume yes, given you are an Elden fan), give Dread a try.  Dread is ****ing fantastic.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Metroid is one of my favorite franchises.  But it is exploration first, fighting second.  It is a first person adventure, not first person shooter.

Friendly suggestion, if you like a challenge (I assume yes, given you are an Elden fan), give Dread a try.  Dread is ****ing fantastic.

Yea that's why i feel prime could benefit massively from better graphics then 60fps on such limited hardware.

I already downloaded dread so i just have a few games to get to it. About to find the last secret level in wonder then i'm done with it. Did you beat resident evil 4 Remake on hardcore was that really challenging? I just beat the village area where they all rush you in hardcore and i had to run for my life it was very challenging. Also downloaded ori for 5$ on steam. Man PC is so good lol.

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Yea that's why i feel prime could benefit massively from better graphics then 60fps on such limited hardware.

I already downloaded dread so i just have a few games to get to it. About to find the last secret level in wonder then i'm done with it. Did you beat resident evil 4 Remake on hardcore was that really challenging? I just beat the village area where they all rush you in hardcore and i had to run for my life it was very challenging. Also downloaded ori for 5$ on steam. Man PC is so good lol.

60 fps is good for any fps game, just my opinion.

I only played RE4 on normal.  Ori is amazing.  Really love that game.  PC is amazing, so many great deals on top games.  I just grabbed psychonauts 2 for $15.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

30FPS for a Prime game is crazy talk.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

30FPS for a Prime game is crazy talk.

Nothing crazy about it. Prime Remastered isn't known for its great fast paced combat. The combat is mid from Most reviews that talk about it. We have had action games like Astral chain, and blood born run at 30fps and still play well enough. Look I dislike 30fps in action games and fps but in the case since Switch 2 is coming out and run it at 60fps they could do way more at 30fps with ancient hardware like the switch just my 2 cents. Metroid is a pretty small ip for ninetndo and anyone buying it will most likely get a switch 2 day one for it.