By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How far away are we from seeing games like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Spiderman 2018 on Switch/Switch 2?

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

Sounds like the Switch 2 will be as powerful as the ps6 pro, maybe ps7.

Seriously the absolute nonsense and BS people convince themselves of is hilarious.

Was waiting for you to show up and throw your predictable little child's tantrum when someone points out (with video footage) that Nintendo hardware actually isn't so bad. 

Of course a bat signal apparently goes up and you find you must rush into any thread and downplay anyone pointing out "well, no actually this is what this hardware can actually do". 

Lol.  Over clocking isn't new and doing as such greatly shortens life span of hardware.

But if you want to think this is some special Nintendo sauce I'll let you have it.  

Frankly I ignore 99% of your drivel. 

At least today's direct was superb.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

Was waiting for you to show up and throw your predictable little child's tantrum when someone points out (with video footage) that Nintendo hardware actually isn't so bad. 

Of course a bat signal apparently goes up and you find you must rush into any thread and downplay anyone pointing out "well, no actually this is what this hardware can actually do". 

Lol.  Over clocking isn't new and doing as such greatly shortens life span of hardware.

But if you want to think this is some special Nintendo sauce I'll let you have it.  

"Ignore" it but then has a little hissy fit post for no reason just because someone posts something positive about Nintendo hardware. People have been overclocking Switch systems for *years*, it doesn't do anything unless you use some fringe OC suite. 

The system doesn't even get that hot, 40 celcius range on Mariko models is no where close to the 80 celcius shut down, the fan on the Switch doesn't ever go above 50%. 

For other people interested in this: it's pretty obvious the OLED model was supposed to be a Pro/4K model, Nintendo just backed off of doing it because it wasn't needed and would only make selling a Switch 2 harder. The OLED dock clearly was changed to allow 4K output, but even beyond that the chipset itself is altered with DP lanes activated to allow 4K/60 fps max resolution. They wouldn't randomly do that. 

For interested Nintendo fans, here is Xenoblade 3 running at 60 fps:

Last edited by Soundwave - on 18 June 2024

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

"Ignore" it but then has a little hissy fit post for no reason just because someone posts something positive about Nintendo hardware. People have been overclocking Switch systems for *years*, it doesn't do anything unless you use some fringe OC suite. 

The system doesn't even get that hot, 40 celcius max on Mariko models is no where close to the 80 celcius shut down, the fan on the Switch doesn't ever go above 50%. 

For other people interested in this: it's pretty obvious the OLED model was supposed to be a Pro/4K model, Nintendo just backed off of doing it because it wasn't needed and would only make selling a Switch 2 harder. The OLED dock clearly was changed to allow 4K output, but even beyond that the chipset itself is altered with DP lanes activated to allow 4K/60 fps max resolution. They wouldn't randomly do that. 

Lol.

I can't wait to fire up my OLED tomorrow and get some 4k 120 fps PMTYD.  This whole time Nintendo was being mean by locking it at 900p 30 fps for absolutely no reason!

Great game BTW.  I'm not sure you actually play games, but if you do I highly recommend.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

The system doesn't even get that hot, 40 celcius max on Mariko models is no where close to the 80 celcius shut down, the fan on the Switch doesn't ever go above 50%. 

Lol.

I can't wait to fire up my OLED tomorrow and get some 4k 120 fps PMTYD.  This whole time Nintendo was being mean by locking it at 900p 30 fps for absolutely no reason!

Great game BTW.  I'm not sure you actually play games, but if you do I highly recommend.  

Paper Mario can run at 60 fps on an overclocked Switch, lol

For *other* people who aren't shit posting, many Switch games see significant performance increases, lots of 60 fps games on existing Switch hardware. 

Nintendo wants people to buy these games again on Switch 2 at the higher settings, plain and simple. 

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

Lol.

Agreed if what he says is even remotely true that just makes nintendo look much worse when it comes to caring about graphics and performance for their  audience, we gonna gimp it cause we want you to wait 6 years for good performance in our games .

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Lol.

Agreed if what he says is even remotely true that just makes nintendo look much worse when it comes to caring about graphics and performance for their  audience, we gonna gimp it cause we want to wait 6 years for descent performance in our games .

If they offered a 4K/increased frame rate Pro Switch model it would make selling a Switch 2 harder. 

Simple as that. 

The OLED model clearly was being designed to output greater than 1080p (1440p, 4K, etc.) video, we can see it in the hardware, it's pretty hard to argue that. Those rumors of Switch Pro were correct, Nintendo just backed off when they realized COVID was going to give them a boost so large they didn't need it. 

Even to this day, Switch still is selling like a system that is 2 years younger than what it is. 

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

Lol.

For *other* people who aren't shit posting, many Switch games see significant performance increases, lots of 60 fps games on existing Switch hardware. 

Nintendo wants people to buy these games again on Switch 2 at the higher settings, plain and simple. 

So Nintendo isn't going to boost performance of Switch games on the S2 via BC?  Instead they will resell the same games and run them at better performance?  The better performance is something they could easily offer now, but are purposely preventing just to be awful to consumers?  

Jesus, you make Nintendo sound like a terrible company.  :(  

Sorry, I don't view Nintendo in the same light.  Nintendo is a damn good company and have their hardware designed for good reasons; battery and life span.

Feel free to have the last word.  I actually play games and would prefer to talk actual games, not your console warz.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

Lol.

If you actually believe this why would you defend them lol, they gimp their hardware on purpose and are anti consumer if what you are saying is true lol. I guess that what confirms what i been telling you, they don't care about making a powerful system to the point they even cripple it for no reason. 

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

So Nintendo isn't going to boost performance of Switch games on the S2 via BC?  Instead they will resell the same games and run them at better performance?  The better performance is something they could easily offer now, but are purposely preventing just to be awful to consumers?  

Sorry, I don't view Nintendo in the same light.  Nintendo is a damn good company and have their hardware designed for good reasons; battery and life span.

Feel free to have the last word.  I actually play games and would prefer to talk actual games, not your console warz.

For free? Which Nintendo are you talking about? Was Wind Waker HD on Wii U a "free" upgrade for those who had the GameCube version? They likely will charge people a patch fee at least to get performance increases on Switch 2. 

At best maybe they will be nice and give it to you a "free patch" but you have to buy a Switch 2 to get that. Which is in itself 100% enough of a reason to not use that feature on the Switch if you don't need to. That gives another big reason for Switch 1 owners to have to upgrade to a Switch 2, if you want to enjoy all your favorite Switch 1 in 4K/60 fps whatever, you have to buy a Switch 2. If they had gone ahead and released a Switch Pro it would have muddied that whole idea. 

The overclocked Mariko Switch has perfectly acceptable battery life of 3-4 hours too, it's been tested over and over again. This was good enough for the launch Switch, and it's perfectly acceptable battery life today. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 18 June 2024

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

For free? Which Nintendo are you talking about? Was Wind Waker HD on Wii U a "free" upgrade for those who had the GameCube version? They likely will charge people a patch fee at least to get performance increases on Switch 2. 

At best maybe they will give it to you a "free patch" but you have to buy a Switch 2 to get that. Which is in itself 100% enough of a reason to not use that feature on the Switch if you don't need to. That gives another big reason for Switch 1 owners to have to upgrade to a Switch 2, if you want to enjoy those games in 4K/60 fps whatever, you have to buy a Switch 2. If they had gone ahead and released a Switch Pro it would have muddied that whole idea. 

The overclocked Mariko Switch has perfectly acceptable battery life of 3-4 hours too, it's been tested over and over again. This was good enough for the launch Switch, and it's perfectly acceptable battery life today. 

This is the reason i won't buy a switch cause i do believe what you are saying they are most anti consumer company and i expect switch to be gimped as well with 8nm and extremely under clocked c so nintendo can do the same in the future lol. it doesn't matter just count on Nintendo to release  weak official hardware like the switch.