By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree. 94 OC/95 MC. Is it too hard? Poll.

Is the DLC too difficult...

Yes 5 20.83%

No 8 33.33%

A bit but manageable 8 33.33%

No opinion 3 12.50%

Total:24
LegitHyperbole said:
Hiku said:

Enemies health and damage output in the DLC go up on NG+. I think it's generally considered more difficult on NG+ than on standard.

Oof. Oh well, at least I'll have a nice fight with Rellana. Base game  so far is ridiculously easy on NG+, I'm practically speed running. 

Yeah, I only had saves on NG+, so I probably should have just played the base game again. lol

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Chrkeller said:

Probably not the right place to ask, but anyone playing on PC? I've heard of stuttering issues but I'm grab the PC version. I'm tired of paying for PSN.

I've been having issues, it seems to happen regardless of what area I'm in and what I'm doing, and rather run on some form of cycle. For me, it happens every 5-10 minutes, two huge stutters with about 2-3 seconds in between, sometimes there's a third stutter as well. Interiors, exteriors, boss arenas, catacombs, makes no difference, and I can't seem to solve it. New drivers released today, I'm gonna install them and see it there's any improvement!

If you don't mind let me know how that works.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

Probably not the right place to ask, but anyone playing on PC? I've heard of stuttering issues but I'm grab the PC version. I'm tired of paying for PSN.

Yes, stuttering and frame drops are quite common, especially in boss fights. My PC has a ryzen 5600x and rx 6800xt with 32GB of RAM. I've installed the latest drivers as well.

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
Chrkeller said:

Yes, stuttering and frame drops are quite common, especially in boss fights. My PC has a ryzen 5600x and rx 6800xt with 32GB of RAM. I've installed the latest drivers as well.

Thanks.  Much appreciated.  I'll pass in the PC version for now.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Mummelmann said:

I've been having issues, it seems to happen regardless of what area I'm in and what I'm doing, and rather run on some form of cycle. For me, it happens every 5-10 minutes, two huge stutters with about 2-3 seconds in between, sometimes there's a third stutter as well. Interiors, exteriors, boss arenas, catacombs, makes no difference, and I can't seem to solve it. New drivers released today, I'm gonna install them and see it there's any improvement!

If you don't mind let me know how that works.  

I played about 30 minutes tonight, just gathering up some items in the base game. I installed the new drivers, but the issue still persists. No change.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

I think this might be USB controller-related, if you plug and unplug your mouse/keyboard you should have the same experience.

Unfortunately, FromSoft's engine is very sensitive to that sort of stuff (I don't think Sekiro is playable even know from Bluetooth?) and Windows doesn't help by activating and deactivating that stuff in the background depending on your settings.

On PS5 I'm trying to collect every armor piece and every weapon that can be traded. Does anyone have the following they wouldn't mind lending me so I can dupe them?:

Weapons:
Obsidian Lamina
Thiollier's Hidden Needle
Ansbach's Longbow
Golden Lion Shield

Talismans:
Retaliatory Crossed-Tree
Lacerating Crossed-Tree
St. Trina's Smile

Ashes of War:
Swift Slash

When it comes to Armor and the like, there's a bunch of stuff I HAVE but can't seem to trade. Kinda like how you can't trade the serpent hunter I can't seem to trade between my characters the Divine Bird helm and Armor, Igon's set, and the Highland Warrior set as well as the Oathseeker Armor (I can do the rest of the oathseeker set and I can do the divine Bird Gauntlets and greaves no problem but not the Oathseeker Armor and the Divine Bird HElm and Armor)

For armor I'm looking for:
Ansbach's Set (Mask, Attire, Manchettes, Boots)
Thiollier's Set (Mask, Garb, Gloves, Trousers)
St Trina's Blossom
Circlet of Light.

Aside from that...man, the final boss is 40% perfection (First phase is genuinely great, SO much fun to learn even though he's still very difficult), and 60% bullshit (Light spam I just can't even BEGIN to understand let alone avoid) anyone got tips?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Well I just finished the final boss, and I beat every other boss before it too. It was quite fun. Eventually the bosses became too difficult for me though, so I had to use those scadutree fragments. After that well you know, everything became too easy. The difficulty I would rate this DLC is above Bloodborne but below everything else. Base game was far more difficult.

Overall a bit disappointed in the weapons, my preferred weapon choice didn't get any good options for my build, so in the end I used the same builds the entire game.

As for armor, I did change a bit. Funny thing I just learned. There is a certain helmet in the game that reduces the amount of hp your flasks heal. The helmet I used the entire DLC.... Guess I should read the information more.

Highlights of my playthrough would be kind of spoilers, but know I really enjoyed it. Mostly how the world weaves together.

Should be another few years for From Software's next masterpiece.

Runa216 said:

On PS5 I'm trying to collect every armor piece and every weapon that can be traded. Does anyone have the following they wouldn't mind lending me so I can dupe them?:

Weapons:
Obsidian Lamina
Ansbach's Longbow
Golden Lion Shield

Talismans:
Retaliatory Crossed-Tree
Lacerating Crossed-Tree
St. Trina's Smile

Ashes of War:
Swift Slash

When it comes to Armor and the like, there's a bunch of stuff I HAVE but can't seem to trade. Kinda like how you can't trade the serpent hunter I can't seem to trade between my characters the Divine Bird helm and Armor, Igon's set, and the Highland Warrior set as well as the Oathseeker Armor (I can do the rest of the oathseeker set and I can do the divine Bird Gauntlets and greaves no problem but not the Oathseeker Armor and the Divine Bird HElm and Armor)

St Trina's Blossom
Circlet of Light.

Aside from that...man, the final boss is 40% perfection (First phase is genuinely great, SO much fun to learn even though he's still very difficult), and 60% bullshit (Light spam I just can't even BEGIN to understand let alone avoid) anyone got tips?

Pop a holy liver for 2nd phase, as long as you avoid the heavy physical attacks and take minimal damage from the holy damage, should make it a lot easier.

Farsala said:
Runa216 said:

Weapons:
Obsidian Lamina
Ansbach's Longbow
Golden Lion Shield

Talismans:
Retaliatory Crossed-Tree
Lacerating Crossed-Tree
St. Trina's Smile

Ashes of War:
Swift Slash

St Trina's Blossom
Circlet of Light.

Pop a holy liver for 2nd phase, as long as you avoid the heavy physical attacks and take minimal damage from the holy damage, should make it a lot easier.

oooh, I keep forgetting about consumables

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android