By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree. 94 OC/95 MC. Is it too hard? Poll.

Is the DLC too difficult...

Yes 5 20.83%

No 8 33.33%

A bit but manageable 8 33.33%

No opinion 3 12.50%

Total:24
Hiku said:

Asmongold Day 1:

"I think I'll quit, but l'll give it one more chance"

A few days later:

"This is probably the greatest and best DLC I've ever played.
I think the enemy health and damage is totally fine."

(A couple of bosses are shown/mentioned, so beware of spoilers, but the name of the final boss is bleeped out.)

I think this is interesting because it goes with what I was saying about being patient and not forming absolute opinions too soon based on pre concieved notions from the base game. When it's probably intended to be played for longer than that.

Not everyone will feel the same way, but the common denominator for everyone that changed their mind, is giving it more time.

He made the cheapest build to beat a cheap DLC. That sheild is practically God mode. 

Around the Network

If turning the game into a turn based game with that sheild to beat it then it means they fucked up somewhere and left only the option of cheese builds. .

LegitHyperbole said:
Hiku said:

Asmongold Day 1:

"I think I'll quit, but l'll give it one more chance"

A few days later:

"This is probably the greatest and best DLC I've ever played.
I think the enemy health and damage is totally fine."

(A couple of bosses are shown/mentioned, so beware of spoilers, but the name of the final boss is bleeped out.)

I think this is interesting because it goes with what I was saying about being patient and not forming absolute opinions too soon based on pre concieved notions from the base game. When it's probably intended to be played for longer than that.

Not everyone will feel the same way, but the common denominator for everyone that changed their mind, is giving it more time.

He made the cheapest build to beat a cheap DLC. That sheild is practically God mode. 

As we could do in the base game.
If there are game breaking builds in the DLC, like there were in the base game, that's a good thing imo.
It's optional.

Last edited by Hiku - 4 days ago

I mean, people shouldn't be forced to hide behind a greatshield because the game is full of hitscan nonsense combos that go on for way too long.

Imagine how satisfying it would have been to play this if you could Sekiro parry instead of doing that or spending a dozen attempts memorizing patterns like this Guitar Hero. Not all of us have hours to spare or will feel anything positive from being done with a boss after that long.

I suppose this isn't the Souls I grew up with anymore.

haxxiy said:

I mean, people shouldn't be forced to hide behind a greatshield because the game is full of hitscan nonsense combos that go on for way too long.

I don't imagine that's the only powerful build. And I've seen people beat the bosses with slow clunky two handed weapons.

haxxiy said:

Well Elden Ring the base game was also different from prior Souls games with how they designed the open world.
Primarily because the majority of bosses do not block progression.

Around the Network

Just finished it. The last boss is definitely one of if not THE hardest boss Ive fought in the Souls games. Took me many, many hours. Im about to pass out...

Last edited by KLXVER - 4 days ago

Hiku said:
LegitHyperbole said:

If there are game breaking builds in the DLC, like there were in the base game, that's a good thing imo.
It's optional.

But it's not fun to turn in into a turn based one button game. Why won't they allow for fast melee builds to have the same chance, pretty sure even magic builds are not viable on some bosses. You have to build towards defence eith that sheild... nah.  

LegitHyperbole said:
Hiku said:

It's optional.

But it's not fun to turn in into a turn based one button game. Why won't they allow for fast melee builds to have the same chance, pretty sure even magic builds are not viable on some bosses. You have to build towards defence eith that sheild... nah.  

I was just referring to very powerful builds that may trivialize the content.

But if we are just talking about viable builds, I imagine most of them are to varying degrees, but you might have to go out and find some new upgrades.

What do you feel is your problem with fast melee builds vs certain bosses? IcaroRibeiro found a lot of room for improvement in your previous build and gave you a lot of detailed advice, so if you're struggling again, you could upload another video and people may be able to help again? That's the beauty with the community. People focus on different things.

And I think it's normal that not every build will work well on every boss, without tuning, or changing your approach, no? I experienced that in the main game as well.
I'm sure some people using certain builds didn't though.

haxxiy said:

Imagine how satisfying it would have been to play this if you could Sekiro parry instead of doing that or spending a dozen attempts memorizing patterns like this Guitar Hero. Not all of us have hours to spare or will feel anything positive from being done with a boss after that long.

This is exactly the souls you grew up. ER base game is a breeze compared to other Souls games. I've came back to DS3 and Bloodborn and the difference in difficulty is quite stark. DLC is the back to the norm. 

The mini dungeons are so much better than the base game. I like how they have a clear sense of identity and stand out by themselves. I never thought about where the Jars came from, brilliant storytelling 

For guys who are struggling, are you on NG+? Remember enemies healthy bar and damage taken are bigger in NG+