By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Elden Ring: Scadu of the Nerdtree. 94 OC/95 MC. Is it too hard? Poll.

Is the DLC too difficult...

Yes 5 17.24%

No 13 44.83%

A bit but manageable 8 27.59%

No opinion 3 10.34%

Total:29
IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

It's not terrible for my play style but it is a bad build on paper. Here's my latest rellana attempt, I don't thiink you can inbue Moonviel with buffs from a seal though...

Well watching the video I can say I'm 100% sure your build is bad. You're not using this weapons the way they are designed to be used and is not using the correct resources to increase their damage input. Looking to Relanna she doesn't look particularly challenging to me.  Look how your clone is using the Moonveil more efficiently than you making use of its broken Ashe of War

If this is the playstyle you want, dump Moonveil and dual wield Uchigatanas and change them to occult infusion, respect to Arcane and watch this build decimate bosses (literally beat Malenia first try)

(Sadly don't work in bosses with bleed resistance like Radagon and Elden Best)

I'll try that indeed, I didn't know there was two uchigatanas. I'll have to find the second one before I can respec to Arcane. What exactly is occult infusion, I haven't played Elden Ring in a while, I know I infused bleed onto the uguchigatana but I'm not sure how the mechanic goes. 

Around the Network

On a second moment I feel like the bosses aren't too tough if you level up your spirit ashes. At first I had dismissed them as hopeless after attempting a boss with no upgrades, but man those scale mightily.

Some random mooks are waay overtuned tough. A random Messmer soldier can hit you for 900 damage, thrice as much as an endgame Farum Azula beastman. Tell me how that is balanced.

The base game already suffered from a late need to rely on vigor, but above 48 you can't even full heal using two flasks. At lead make those scale up too then.

Just took down Commander Gaius. Now THAT was brutal. Fuck me...

IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I really want to be in love with this game again so I espec'd to 50 vigor and now I can take 2 or 3 hits. Doing shit for damage but those 10 points made a big difference, waaaay more than it should have had and same for the loss of damage. I'm going 50 vigor, 50 endurance and 70 in my main stat plus item requirements. Does this seem about right folks, or should I sacrifice more Endurance/main stat for vigor? Is my endurance too high?

Were you not even at 50 vigor? I'm curious, how did your build looks like? 

Rule of thumb: 50 to 60 vigor ALWAYS. Forget about being a glass cannon, it's not worth it. If you still not feeling 60 vigor is enough try Morgotts Rune. Otherwise use defensive talismans

Survivability comes before damage. There are too many flasks and recover options to save your ass if you know how to recover in the right moment. In practice you have very good health options to kill bosses slowly in attrition battles. It's safer than going for higher damage but getting killed quickly before getting the opportunity to use flasks to recover 

50 endurance is way too much unless you're using strength builds with very heavy greatweapons, in any case if you are one-handing a strength weapon don't go past 54 strength, single handing gives you a 50% boost in str and the soft cap past 80 strength makes the returns minimal 

Don't wield great weapon if you main stat is not strength, this kind of weapon needs big endurance investment which imo is not worth it 

If you're not doing strength build, use whatever endurance you need to equip a good armor (target 51 poise), wield your weapon(s) and still mid-rolling 

Never go over 80 in your main damage stat. 70 can work. If you weapons scale with two stats sometimes 60-60 works better than 80-40, you need to see how is your weapon scalling and decide which attributes makes sense to raise 

Instead of upgrading endurance and other damage stats, see if you have enough faith to use a sacred seal and use buffs.  The boost in defense and damage done is often bigger than what you could get investing directly in stats damage or investing in endurance to use heavier Armour (clawmark seal only needs 10 FAI)

Here I am dual weilding great weapons with 90 str. This is why I tell people I am bad. My weapons usually don't have a 2nd stat though, and I feel like I have enough stamina, vigor, and endurance.

I'm using a strength build. 2 handed ruins greatsword. No issues with difficulty so far.
I respec to a beast claw build but struggled so decided to go back to the strength one

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Well watching the video I can say I'm 100% sure your build is bad. You're not using this weapons the way they are designed to be used and is not using the correct resources to increase their damage input. Looking to Relanna she doesn't look particularly challenging to me.  Look how your clone is using the Moonveil more efficiently than you making use of its broken Ashe of War

If this is the playstyle you want, dump Moonveil and dual wield Uchigatanas and change them to occult infusion, respect to Arcane and watch this build decimate bosses (literally beat Malenia first try)

(Sadly don't work in bosses with bleed resistance like Radagon and Elden Best)

I'll try that indeed, I didn't know there was two uchigatanas. I'll have to find the second one before I can respec to Arcane. What exactly is occult infusion, I haven't played Elden Ring in a while, I know I infused bleed onto the uguchigatana but I'm not sure how the mechanic goes. 

You can only get two Uchigatanas in NG if you started as Samurai. The Uchigatana is a catacomb in Northern Limgrave

Occult Infusion makes your weapon getting scaling with Arcane and increase stats buildup such as bleeding and poison. There are few Ashes of war with occult scaling. The best way to give a weapon occult affinity is using the black whetblade, you can find it in Nokron

It's worse than bleeding infusion when it comes to proccing bleed, but it's add strong arcane scaling so thr damage output is high without compromising your ability to make bosses bleed 

At 80 ARC it's only marginally weaker than Keen Uchigatana with 80 DEX, but with much higher bleed buildup: 

11STR 15DEX **80ARC**:  

Occult Uchigatana = 585AR / 88 Bleed  

11STR **80DEX** 8ARC:    

Keen Uchigatana = 596AR / 45 Bleed

Combined this with Mimic tear and most bosses will bleed in every combo

However be aware some bosses are immune to bleeding, many of them actually. If you don't have many Larval Tears you can go for DEX and change the affinity to Lightning, Keen and Blood Infusions whenever you see fit 

If you really to keep INT and be a magic Samurai I strongly advice to use ranged magic and abuse Moonveil's Ashes of War. Intelligence builds are great, but a good spell blade build is about mid-range fights (using Cold, Ashes of war and some ranged sorceries) and your playstyle looked 100% meele for me 

If you want to meele IMO DEX, ARC and STR are better stats than INT

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 23 June 2024

Just beat Rellana. Definitely a harder boss than the Lion. Took me 10+ tries. Got her sword and armor set which seem pretty good. A fun boss that kept me on my toes.

Still making steady progress.

Last edited by Eric2048 - on 23 June 2024

Rellana was a good boss, got her sub 30 attempts but it was enjoyable to learn unlike the spastic lion. Golden hippo was too big for it's arena, something from soft are still doing and they must know it becomes junky. Easy though I'd have beat him first try had it not been for the camera, went down in the fourth. It's the standard enemies that are the problem, why are there so many mini bosses disguised as standard mobs, it's not fun, the messmer dudes in shadow keep are the worst yet. I'm a bit afraid of messmer from what I've seen so I think I'm gonna detour from here and see if I can level up my scadutree.

IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

You can only get two Uchigatanas in NG if you started as Samurai. The Uchigatana is a catacomb in Northern Limgrave

Occult Infusion makes your weapon getting scaling with Arcane and increase stats buildup such as bleeding and poison. There are few Ashes of war with occult scaling. The best way to give a weapon occult affinity is using the black whetblade, you can find it in Nokron

It's worse than bleeding infusion when it comes to proccing bleed, but it's add strong arcane scaling so thr damage output is high without compromising your ability to make bosses bleed 

At 80 ARC it's only marginally weaker than Keen Uchigatana with 80 DEX, but with much higher bleed buildup: 

11STR 15DEX **80ARC**:  

11STR **80DEX** 8ARC:    

However be aware some bosses are immune to bleeding, many of them actually. If you don't have many Larval Tears you can go for DEX and change the affinity to Lightning, Keen and Blood Infusions whenever you see fit 

If you really to keep INT and be a magic Samurai I strongly advice to use ranged magic and abuse Moonveil's Ashes of War. Intelligence builds are great, but a good spell blade build is about mid-range fights (using Cold, Ashes of war and some ranged sorceries) and your playstyle looked 100% meele for me 

I don't know what to change and I'm down to my last larval tear. I don't wanna fuck things up worse and be stuck with it. It's not terrible anyway, it's just not great or game breaking, it got me through the last few areas of the base game really cozy. I don't see the point in spamming moonveils weapon arte unless the enemy type needs it, it's great for dragons like and that's why I took moonveil in the first place but I just enjoy being mainly melee with the option to attack with it. Would really love to respec with two uguchigatanas but like you said, need to be Samurai. A pity. 

IcaroRibeiro said:
LegitHyperbole said:

11STR 15DEX **80ARC**:  

11STR **80DEX** 8ARC:    

BTW, what build are you running for the DLC?