By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Black Ops 6 is coming to PS4 and Xbone

Games I remember requiring motion controls: Zack & wiki, pikmin, galaxy, galaxy 2, skyward, twilight, prime trilogy.

I also recall a few games requiring wii motion plus upgrade.

I can't think of a single switch game where motion was required.

I'm surprised, shocked even, people think the switch is as motion control focused as the wii. Having owned both, that isn't my experience.

Edit

I think DKCR requires shaking to pound the ground.  Been a while since I fired it up, so I could be wrong.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 07 June 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

Off the top of my head, just looking at Nintendo's games, Pokemon Let's Go, Super Mario Party, Ring Fit Adventure, Switch Sports, 1-2 Switch, Warioware Move It, Warioware Get It Together, Jump Rope Challenge, LABO, Everybody 1-2 Switch, and Clubhouse games have mandatory motion controls.

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

Off the top of my head, just looking at Nintendo's games, Pokemon Let's Go, Super Mario Party, Ring Fit Adventure, Switch Sports, 1-2 Switch, Warioware Move It, Warioware Get It Together, Jump Rope Challenge, LABO, Everybody 1-2 Switch, and Clubhouse games have mandatory motion controls.

Yeah and I don't have those.  I have links Awakening, skyward, tears, wonder, rabbids, triangle, dread, fire emblem, etc.  Pikmin 4 and LM4.  Astral chain.  Bayo 3.  

For me Nintendo clearly didn't put motion as mandatory in their key titles like on the wii.

Huge difference between zelda skyward being motion required versus jump rope challenge...  not sure we are comparing apples to apples on that one.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

A list of mediocre games  for the most part. compared to wii it's night and day.

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah and I don't have those.  I have links Awakening, skyward, tears, wonder, rabbids, triangle, dread, fire emblem, etc.

For me Nintendo clearly didn't put motion as mandatory in their key titles like on the wii.

I don't own most of them either, just pointing out that such games do indeed exist.

Gaming these days just has more options in general, whether it be graphics/performance modes, motion/non-motion controls, on/off switches for stuff like film grain or haptic feedback, etc, just to cater to more tastes which is overall a good thing.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

A list of mediocre games  for the most part. compared to wii it's night and day.

Different strokes for different folks; Ring Fit I had a great time with. 

But then I had a great time with the Wii as well, to this day its one of my all time favourite consoles.

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

Yeah and I don't have those.  I have links Awakening, skyward, tears, wonder, rabbids, triangle, dread, fire emblem, etc.

I don't own most of them either, just pointing out that such games do indeed exist.

Gaming these days just has more options in general, whether it be graphics/performance modes, motion/non-motion controls, on/off switches for stuff like film grain or haptic feedback, etc, just to cater to more tastes which is overall a good thing.

Yeah, but the comparison falls flat to me.  Zelda, Mario and metroid are motion on the wii...  the switch having Clubhouse games and jump rope challenge as motion required...  we are not comparing the same caliber of game.

No doubt.  More options is always a good thing.  

I also enjoyed my wii.  Great little system.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, but thr comparison falls flat to me.  Zelda, Mario and metroid are motion on the wii...  the switch having Clubhouse games and jump rope challenge as motion required...  we are comparing the same caliber of game.

I mean I personally wasn't arguing that the Switch and Wii are the same; I definitely think there's a lot of Wii's DNA in the Switch, but its also very much a product of a different time and environment.

I feel we've dragged the thread a bit off topic though.

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

Yeah, but thr comparison falls flat to me.  Zelda, Mario and metroid are motion on the wii...  the switch having Clubhouse games and jump rope challenge as motion required...  we are comparing the same caliber of game.

I mean I personally wasn't arguing that the Switch and Wii are the same; I definitely think there's a lot of Wii's DNA in the Switch, but its also very much a product of a different time and environment.

I feel we've dragged the thread a bit off topic though.

Is this thread not about the wii?  Lol.

Going from memory the topic is black Ops. 

I stand by what I said on page one...  games are scalable and the console world is catching up to PC.  Games on a PC run on a 1070 all the way through a 4090.  I think cross gen games is the new norm.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Curl you literally listed more key titles than they did and here they are acting like you listed nothing. Notice how they conveniently ignored Pokemon Let's Go while name dropping Jump Rope Challenge? Why compare Jump Rope Challenge to Skyward Sword instead of Pokemon? They are purposely being disingenuous. Chrkeller's list is a joke, im suppose to sit back and accept whatever he list as key titles but Pokemon, Ring Fit, and Mario are not? Ring, Pokemon Let's Go, and Super Mario Party are bigger than anything they listed besides Tears and Wonder. You listed 3 key titles with mandatory motion for Switch vs 2 key titles in Tears and Wonder.

Last edited by Phenomajp13 - on 07 June 2024