Super Mario 64 5 12.82%

Ocarina of Time 11 28.21%

Breath of the Wild 11 28.21%

Tears of the Kingdom 3 7.69%

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 7.69%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 3 7.69%

Twilight Princess 3 7.69%

Total:39

Nintendo has made many great games over the years, but of all of them, which do you personally think is the single greatest game they have ever produced, and tell us what you love about it and why do you feel it deserves the top spot?

The rules:

• One nomination per person
  • The nomination posts with the most likes/agrees will be picked as poll options
  • Must be developed by Nintendo, not just published.
  • Nintendo owned but non-EPD studios such as Retro and Monolith Soft are eligible
  • For the purpose of this thread, independent partners such as HAL and Intelligent Systems aren't included
  • Have fun!

Let the games (heh) begin! 

Around the Network

My vote is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

TLOZ Ocarina of time

Probably should have highlighted; don't forget to explain your pick and make a case for why it deserves the #1 spot! :)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

In my opinion, BOTW is the best game of the last decade. It not only revived Nintendo but also created new trends in the gaming industry. BOTW was a point of inflection for Nintendo, the Zelda series, and the gaming community overall. In addition, it made me play video games again after a long, long time, as I had lost the spark and passion for this art.

Around the Network

Super Metroid.

Released in 1994/30~ years ago and I still go back to it once a year and do a complete run-through of the game.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pokémon games won't count because Gamefreak is the dev, right?

Then probably...
Super Mario Bros. 3

I'm not much of a fan of Mario, I enjoy Zelda and Pokémon a lot more, but when SMB3 was released it was without a doubt one of the very best games ever.

BraLoD said:

Pokémon games won't count because Gamefreak is the dev, right?

Correct.

If I might make a suggestion, I think it would be interesting when the actual bracket is being done to divide the games into categories. I.e. RPG bracket, platformer bracket, etc. Also think that games made by Hal/Gamefreak and the like should qualify, but your thing I guess.

Anyway, I suppose I will nominate Super Mario Galaxy 2. When it comes down to it, games are about being fun, and Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 are among the few games that are pretty much 100% fun nearly 100% of the time (except for the Fluzzard stars). Super Mario Galaxy 2 adds a little bit of challenge to make things more rewarding, so it gets the nod from me.

Super Mario World.  Best Mario game. It's perfection top to bottom.

Last edited by Leynos - on 26 May 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!