By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor/Leak for specific RAM and storage capacity of the Switch sucessor (Centro Leak)

sc94597 said:
zeldaring said:

I wasn't expecting for them to go NVDA if they were going cutting edge. Because i been hearing rumors for switch pro for so long and was the traveling the world when i came back to the states i expected to see a pro version when i saw there was no pro version i became negative on nintendo and expected nintendo do what they do best give us the worst case scenario for hardware every time, and with a T239 in 2025 they delivered again. look lets just say ps6 has slightly better specs then ps5 pro in 2028, sony fans would burn it  alive, So me saying it's seems very dated is more then fair.

Do you honestly believe Nintendo releasing a mid-tier performance-wise handheld in 2025 is the worst case scenario

What alternative hardware do you think they should've gone with? Basically the only thing better than what the Switch 2 is projected to have, in handhelds -- when it releases, would be a higher-end Strix Point APU and handhelds with those will cost about $700-$1500. We don't know when Tegra Thor is releasing. Some-time in 2025, but probably too late for them to have enough chips for a Switch 2 release. 

So honestly, what alternative hardware makes sense for Nintendo to have gone with? What is the best case scenario, in your eyes, while retaining the same form-factor? 

As for the PS6 hypothetical. If the PS5 Pro were hypothesized to have an RX 8800 XT level GPU and then they just released it as a PS6 a few years later, improving the chipset by reducing the process node and adding some more modern features from RDNA 5, I don't think anybody would be disappointed with the PS6. In 2027 (that would be three years after PS5 Pro's projected release), an RX 8800XT comparable chipset would likely be similar to mid-range GPU of that year, which is what most people expect of console hardware. 

like i said its just too late for this hardware should have been released in mid 2024 at the latest for mid 2025 might as well wait till 2026 and which will probably deliver a massive jump if they would wanna go that direction.

As for ps6 lol you don't know sony fans they would absolutely trash those specs if it was just a slightly improved ps5 pro.  

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Norion said:

This is absurd. These specs are overall better than the Steam Deck and you think Nintendo could've released a device that capable a few years ago? Come on now.

What you talking about? the switch pro was leaked 2 years ago and rumored to come out in  mid 2023 with similar specs.

The main Switch Pro rumours were for 2020/2021 and you said "years ago". 2022 is the absolute latest that could be referring to.

zeldaring said:
RedKingXIII said:

I don't even understand what's the point of calling this thing "very outdated" since EVERY console is outdated when it releases, they always use tech from a few years back. The PS5/Series X are both outdated at this point. There's PC parts that launched 1-2 years after their releases that were more powerful than both. So what?

I think the point is for the people that actually care about power been expecting to see the switch pro with these specs years ago, no one in their  right mind expected 10-12 teraflop console in 2018-2019 and people were actually very happy about the specs of ps5 and series x when revealed. we been hearing rumors of a pro with a T239 and expecting in late 2022, it was basically all but confirmed by sources.

Your unrealistic expectations are the big problem here.

The T239 was (probably) taped out on H1 2022, it wouldn't be possible to release a Switch Pro in 2022 with this SoC. The Switch Pro was also something that Nintendo never confirmed or acknowleged its existence, I don't think it was ever planned at all. The T239 was always intended to release on the Switch successor, which according to leaks was planned to be released in 2024, but was internally delayed to 2025.

I'm just speculating here, since there's no way to know for sure. But no, the Switch 2 isn't outdated because you expected a Switch Pro with the T239 in 2022, that's absurd.

Norion said:
zeldaring said:

What you talking about? the switch pro was leaked 2 years ago and rumored to come out in  mid 2023 with similar specs.

The main Switch Pro rumours were for 2020/2021 and you said "years ago". 2022 is the absolute latest that could be referring to.

when i say years i'm talking about when switch 2 releases.

RedKingXIII said:
zeldaring said:

I think the point is for the people that actually care about power been expecting to see the switch pro with these specs years ago, no one in their  right mind expected 10-12 teraflop console in 2018-2019 and people were actually very happy about the specs of ps5 and series x when revealed. we been hearing rumors of a pro with a T239 and expecting in late 2022, it was basically all but confirmed by sources.

The T239 was (probably) taped out on H1 2022, it wouldn't be possible to release a Switch Pro in 2022 with this SoC. The Switch Pro was also something that Nintendo never confirmed or acknowleged its existence, I don't think it was ever planned at all. The T239 was always intended to release on the Switch successor, which according to leaks was planned to be released in 2024, but was internally delayed to 2025.

I'm just speculating here, since there's no way to know for sure. But no, the Switch 2 isn't outdated because you expected a Switch Pro with the T239 in 2022, that's absurd.

The rumors were from leaked documents and reliable sources and almost everyone expected a switch pro it made perfect sense and even DF said it was cancelled probably cause nintendo could make a killing on switch 2. saying it's unrealistic expectations when everyone in the gaming community expected it just plain wrong.  

Around the Network
zeldaring said:

like i said its just too late that's too late this hardware should have been released in mid 2024 at the latest for mid 2025 might as well wait till 2026 and which will probably deliver a massive jump if they would wanna go that direction.

As for ps6 lol you don't know sony fans they would absolutely trash those specs if it was just a slightly improved ps5 pro.  

Let's just say that it's a good thing you aren't part of Nintendo's strategic planning division. Waiting until 2026 would be a pretty bad idea. 

Notice I didn't say it was a "slightly improved PS5 pro." The PS5 Pro will likely release this Fall/Winter using a two year old (at the time it releases) architecture -- RDNA 3. The roughly comparable GPU is a RX 7800 XT. 

I suggested a scenario where the PS5 Pro was hypothesized to release with the newest architecture at the time  -- RDNA 4 and with hardware that is roughly comparable to a upper-end GPU (8800XT) of that architecture. But it never releases and instead that 8800XT (enhanced by RDNA 5 features) releases as a PS6 in 2027. Very few people would be dissatisfied with a PS6 that released in 2027 with RX 8800XT level of performance. The difference between an RX 8800XT (with RDNA 5 enhanced features) and RX 5700XT (PS5 level GPU) would be significant enough for most people to see it as generational. Just as the difference between a Switch and Switch 2 is generational. And the RX 8800XT (with RDNA 5 enhancements) would be comparable to mid-end GPU's of 2027. 

zeldaring said:
Norion said:

That was unclear then and thinking Nintendo would release a device in 2023 with these specs is still nonsensical. They're not gonna release a high end console, none of the three console makers do that. Your expectations are unreasonable.

zeldaring said:
RedKingXIII said:

The rumors were from leaked documents and reliable sources and almost everyone expected a switch pro it made perfect sense and even DF said it was cancelled probably cause nintendo could make a killing on switch 2. saying it's unrealistic expectations when everyone in the gaming community expected it just plain wrong.  

I don't think a Switch Pro was ever planned, but if it was, they would use another SoC; The T239 wasn't ready for a 2022 release and 2023 was too late to release a Switch Pro, considering they planned to release the Switch 2 this year. 

Norion said:
zeldaring said:

That was unclear then and thinking Nintendo would release a device in 2023 with these specs is still nonsensical. They're not gonna release a high end console, none of the three console makers do that. Your expectations are unreasonable.

You have no clue what your talking about Switch pro was indeed real and was gonna release at that time ps5 and X were sold at break even and thr pro could have easily been profitable even In 2023 for the Switch pro. You are comparing apples to oranges. A 8nm t239 is not expensive in 2023 lol.

zeldaring said:
sc94597 said:

So when you wrote that you were expecting the Switch 2 to release in 2023? And the date in which we all expected it to release wasn't late 2022 like you were saying in this thread? From the reading of your post you weren't expecting them to go with Nvidia at all when you wrote that less than a year ago. 

I wasn't expecting for them to go NVDA if they were going cutting edge. Because i been hearing rumors for switch pro for so long and was the traveling the world when i came back to the states i expected to see a pro version when i saw there was no pro version i became negative on nintendo and expected nintendo do what they do best give us the worst case scenario for hardware every time, and with a T239 in 2025 they delivered again. look lets just say ps6 has slightly better specs then ps5 pro in 2028, sony fans would burn it  alive, So me saying it's seems very dated is more then fair.

I doubt that.... if its to keep prices down, I bet most would be okay with barely stronger than PS5pro level console.
We're reaching the point of deminishing returns, and honestly a PS5pro will be a monster.

Most pc gamers are running something like a 4060 or less..... which is basically say equal to a PS5 in terms of performance.

so really what other options are there? Its either go PC, or go Console.

Here in Denmark a nvidia 4060 is still like ~275$ or more.
a 4070 here is like ~475$.

If you can get a PS5pro for like 500$, thats still alot cheaper than building a PC with a nvidia 4070 in it.
Which would be the alternative to a PS5pro.