By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MK Wii Legs

I just want to go on record and say that Mario Kart Wii will have legs longer than (and almost as sexy as) Maria Sharapova's.  I'm pretty sure they will be a good bit longer than Brawl's, and only slightly less impressive than Wii fit's.

EDIT 7/31:  MK Wii will have sold 12million + units by August 1, 2009.

Around the Network

But they will be less impressive than Monster Hunter Freedom 2, and it's sequel

polezo said:
I just want to go on record and say that Mario Kart Wii will have legs longer than (and almost as sexy as) Maria Sharapova's. I'm pretty sure they will be a good bit longer than Brawl's, and only slightly less impressive than Wii fit's.

I'm struggling to quantify that

double.

polezo said:
I just want to go on record and say that Mario Kart Wii will have legs longer than (and almost as sexy as) Maria Sharapova's. I'm pretty sure they will be a good bit longer than Brawl's, and only slightly less impressive than Wii fit's.

Wii Fit, Brawl, Galaxy and Kart will all have very, very good legs.  Interestingly, they're all released world wide within about 7 months of each other, which makes me wonder how having this many games selling this well will affect third party sales.

But all of the games he mentioned will actually have more than 10 million sales. 

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

Wrong! That's the problem when you only sell your game in one country.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

DMeisterJ said:

Brain Training, Nintendogs, Wii Sports, NSMB, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, MKDS etc say Hi!

MkWii will have very nice Legs, but not as good as other MK games... Why? Because it started out faster, it is getting a larger % of its sales in Month one.

In Japan I expect
600-200-150-180-70-50-45-38-32-25-15- then sell at about 8k a week for some time, then get a holiday boost(Like Wario Ware and MP8 did in Japan last year). If MK trends like I have it it will be arounf 1400k before it settles into its longterm legs. It may or may not make a run at 2 million in Japan.

But, if thesource was right, and MKWii is having supply problems, then legs could be better. Especialy if they get plenty of supply for golden week.

In Europe it will be 550-420-300-250-175-145-135-130-120-120-110, MK will stay above 100k for a good while out in Europe and have similar legs to M&S.

I have no Idea about US. I think will open aroun 600k, and have a medium drop, then settle around 80k for a few months.

This baby will be around 7 million heading into its first holiday season. (where it will sell 2 million more WW)... it should cross 10 million by its first birthday, then continue to sell this entire generation(20k a week WW or so) and end up around 15 million(or more).

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

FishyJoe said:
DMeisterJ said:

Brain Training, Nintendogs, Wii Sports, NSMB, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, MKDS etc say Hi!

OW3NED!!!!!!!!

MKWii will outsell SSB:B, possibly by the end of this year even, though I imagine it is more likely some time in 2009 it will pass it. (unless SSB:B has unprecedented demand in Europe compared to SSB:M)