By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 16, 2024 (Apr 15 - Apr 21)

deerox said:

Have the Switch outsold the DS yet?

According to Famitsu we have ~280.000 units left to go. At the current pace it'll get there within 5-6 weeks.

Around the Network
Renamed said:

Switch - 2nd best week 17. Surpassed only by the Covid/Animal Crossing monster...again.

I agree with you about how impressive the sales are for a console in its 8th year and without meaning to be pedantic, the only year that beat this 1 out was 2021.

Animal crossing and the pandemic was 2020. That year probably would have beat this year out too, if it wasn't for shortages. This years' week 17 is still mightily impressive tho.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Renamed said:

Switch - 2nd best week 17. Surpassed only by the Covid/Animal Crossing monster...again.

I agree with you about how impressive the sales are for a console in its 8th year and without meaning to be pedantic, the only year that beat this 1 out was 2021.

Animal crossing and the pandemic was 2020. That year probably would have beat this year out too, if it wasn't for shortages. This years' week 17 is still mightily impressive tho.

Tbone's 40 Million prediction is alive and well

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Lolol, we’re never getting Mario Kart 9 are we?

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Lolol, we’re never getting Mario Kart 9 are we?

Super Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ultra with all dlcs at the launch.

Around the Network
Olivernintentoal said:
peachbuggy said:

Tbone's 40 Million prediction is alive and well

It's certainly a tall order but the Switch has been defying all expectations in its 8th year, so who knows!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

jvmkdg said:

the ps5 has had a big drop in the last few weeks if it continues like this. It may not even reach 6.5 million by the end of the year.

If we look at the sales of 2021/2022, which trend it basically follows these last months it will sell around 600-800k from this week till week 52. So at this point 6.5 million is the high target. Especially since not much is releasing that could boost PS5 sales the coming months. Metaphor Re might boost sales a bit. I don't see Stellar Blade moving many units.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

The Switch is on fire and The Japan Golden Week is coming!!

Aidman said:

It's almost here. I expect around 80-90k that week.

Endless Ocean also releases. Did the first iteration sell well in Japan?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Shtinamin_ said:
Aidman said:

It's almost here. I expect around 80-90k that week.

Endless Ocean also releases. Did the first iteration sell well in Japan?

Not particularly, no.