By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF7 Rebirth has reportedly sold half what Remake did in the same timeframe

$100 for one third of a game. When people have big ass backlogs.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Everyone's personal mileage varies though, I never had an issue playing Doom on Switch.

I doesn't really matter what you think sub HD was ugly even back into ps3/360 days resolution and framerate is the most important thing when it comes to graphics.

That's an opinion, not a fact.

green_sky said:

$100 for one third of a game. When people have big ass backlogs.

Wait what, is that USD?

I thought it was $70.

Here in Australia it's freaking $120 AUD.

zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

A generation behind the PS4 is the PS3, and Doom on Switch is more technically advanced than anything on PS3, whether you like how it looks or not. 

You seem to think being technical advanced makes the game look better, Doom on Switch wouldn't even be a top 5 best looking game on the 360/ps3. Once image quality 

Agreed.  Technically advanced doesn't mean anything.  Uncharted 2 is better looking than doom.

I don't get why people are impressed with ports the switch can't run.

Imagine GTA 6 so advanced the ps5 has to run at 360p.  We would be happy and impressed?

The switch is one of my favorite consoles from a library perspective.  A S2 will be day 1 for me.  But I wholly don't understand why people feel the need to make the hardware out to be something it isn't.   

Oh well.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 19 May 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

You seem to think being technical advanced makes the game look better, Doom on Switch wouldn't even be a top 5 best looking game on the 360/ps3. Once image quality 

Agreed.  Technically advanced doesn't mean anything.  Uncharted 2 is better looking than doom.

Imagine GTA 6 so advanced the ps5 has to run at 360p.  We would be happy and impressed?

What "looks better" is entirely down to subjective opinion though. What's more technically advanced or demanding is a matter of fact.

And it does run them; you may not like how they look, and that's okay, but that doesn't change the fact that it does run them. I had a great time with Doom on Switch, the resolution never bothered me.

The last is argumentum ad absurdum. 

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 May 2024

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

What "looks better" is entirely down to subjective opinion though. What's more technically advanced or demanding is a matter of fact.

And it does run them; you may not like how they look, but that doesn't change the fact that it does run them. I had a great time with Doom on Switch, the resolution never bothered me.

How is the last statement off base?  DF has doom hitting 540p when docked....  360p when portable?  Dude, that is shit resolution and shows the switch can barely run the game.

Feel free to continue making the switch to be something it isn't.  

I'll stick with facts and let you enjoy.

No-one would sing GTA 6 praises if it were so advanced it had to run at 360p...

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

And it does run them; you may not like how they look, but that doesn't change the fact that it does run them. I had a great time with Doom on Switch, the resolution never bothered me.

How is the last statement off base?  DF has do hitting 540p when docked....  360p when portable?  Dude, that is shit resolution and shows the switch cab barely run the game.

Using the minimum res of a game that employs dynamic resolution scaling doesn't accurately portray the situation though; such games generally only hit their minimum in the worst case scenarios, not most of the time.

How am I making out the Switch to be something it isn't? I'm just saying that it sits partway between PS3/360 and PS4/XBO in capability, which is true.

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

How is the last statement off base?  DF has do hitting 540p when docked....  360p when portable?  Dude, that is shit resolution and shows the switch cab barely run the game.

Using the minimum res of a game that employs dynamic resolution scaling doesn't accurately portray the situation though; such games generally only hit their minimum in the worst case scenarios, not most of the time.

How am I making out the Switch to be something it isn't? I'm just saying that it sits partway between PS3/360 and PS4/XBO in capability, which is true.

Sure, on a scale it is:

Ps3-----switch---------------------------ps4

As explained with facts via Deck and a bunch of other GPU specs.

This horse is a bloody pulp.  Feel free to have the last word.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
curl-6 said:

Sure, on a scale it is:

It's a complicated issue to unpack, but if you don't want to continue the discussion I'll leave it. It was never my intention to antagonize.

curl-6 said:
Chrkeller said:

Sure, on a scale it is:

It's a complicated issue to unpack, but if you don't want to continue the discussion I'll leave it. It was never my intention to antagonize.

Now worries my friend.  I'm done with this particular discussion for sake of others.  We hijacked the thread quite a bit.

I got no issues in your direction, all good.  

I still respect and understand parts of your position.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC