By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FF7 Rebirth has reportedly sold half what Remake did in the same timeframe

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

You must be mistaken.  Apple uses that super fast ram that is game changing, just like the S2.  RE4 must run amazing apple products.  Apple products even has magic upscaling that fixes everything.  

RE4 runs great on an iPad actually. It's a little tighter on an iPhone but that has nothing to do with RAM, the iPhone is a smaller than Switch Lite product than has no active cooling available to it, that's the bigger issue, but iPhone's get better performance every year the fact that they're already running games like that bodes well for the iPhones to come. They're not going to stop making iPhones any time soon, they'll stop making game consoles long before the iPhone is going anywhere, iPhone is frankly a lot more important to the world of computing and more people's daily lives than any game console will ever be. 

Great news to hear.  Now I can play a 12 month old game capped at 30 fps w/ low settings and stuck behind a restrictive eco-system.  I'll go see what I can get for 4090, clearly I don't need it anymore.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

RE4 runs great on an iPad actually. It's a little tighter on an iPhone but that has nothing to do with RAM, the iPhone is a smaller than Switch Lite product than has no active cooling available to it, that's the bigger issue, but iPhone's get better performance every year the fact that they're already running games like that bodes well for the iPhones to come. They're not going to stop making iPhones any time soon, they'll stop making game consoles long before the iPhone is going anywhere, iPhone is frankly a lot more important to the world of computing and more people's daily lives than any game console will ever be. 

Great news to hear.  Now I can play a 12 month old game capped at 30 fps and stuck behind a restrictive eco-system.  I'll go see what I can get for 4090, clearly I don't need it anymore.  

I don't think anyone cares what hardware rig you like to play on. You're not special, plenty of people play on lower end rigs and enjoy themselves, may a reality check is also in order here because this is real life. The smartphones you so desperately feel a need to discredit have more gaming revenue than PC and consoles combined:

You're out of touch with the actual market and how people under 30 are gaming. 

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

Great news to hear.  Now I can play a 12 month old game capped at 30 fps and stuck behind a restrictive eco-system.  I'll go see what I can get for 4090, clearly I don't need it anymore.  

I don't think anyone cares what hardware rig you like to play on. You're not special, plenty of people play on lower end rigs and enjoy themselves, may a reality check is also in order here because this is real life. The smartphones you so desperately feel a need to discredit have more gaming revenue than PC and consoles combined:

And McDonald's sells more hamburgers than the Michelin Restaurant down the street sells steak.  I'm still eating my steak and avoiding McDonald's like the plague.  

You have this odd "all or nothing" mentality and don't seem to grasp sub markets and demographics.  Bud Light is a top selling cheap beer.  And craft breweries are doing just fine.  Most things are not mutually exclusive.  

Your views are too one dimensional and frankly are immature.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 17 May 2024

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

And McDonald's sells more hamburgers than the Michelin Restaurant down the street sells steak.  I'm still eating my steak and avoiding McDonald's like the plague.  

You have this odd "all or nothing" mentality and don't seem to graps sub markets and demographics.  Bud Light is a top selling beer.  And craft breweries are doing just fine.  Most things are not mutually exclusive.  

Your view is an enthusiast view, which is fine, but don't act like it's anywhere near the majority of the market. Most people don't want to spend $1000 on just a GPU and have different life priorities from that. The market for extreme PC builds is a very tiny part of the overall industry. 

Like if you want to use your McDonalds analogy it's like someone walking into a McDonalds and making a scene because there's no wine menu for them and they're complaining loudly that they're not getting freshly made buns. It's like gimme a break, buddy, order your Big Mac and move the fuck on so the next person behind you can order. 

No one is impressed by someone that acts like a snob.

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

You have this odd "all or nothing" mentality and don't seem to grasp sub markets and demographics.  Bud Light is a top selling cheap beer.  And craft breweries are doing just fine.  Most things are not mutually exclusive.  

Agreed its annoying.  It's like the people who want high end hardware are old farts, mean while he will wet his pants if Nintendo actually released a powerful console. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Agreed its annoying.  It's like the people who want high end hardware are old farts, mean while he will wet his pants if Nintendo actually released a powerful console. 

Makes it even funnier when the Switch outsells all those super duper higher powered game consoles that you huff and puff so much about, yeah it's a sales forum in case you didn't realize. 

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

You have this odd "all or nothing" mentality and don't seem to graps sub markets and demographics.  Bud Light is a top selling beer.  And craft breweries are doing just fine.  Most things are not mutually exclusive.  

Your view is an enthusiast view, which is fine, but don't act like it's anywhere near the majority of the market. Most people don't want to spend $1000 on just a GPU and have different life priorities from that. The market for extreme PC builds is a very tiny part of the overall industry. 

Like if you want to use your McDonalds analogy it's like someone walking into a McDonalds and making a scene because there's no wine menu for them and they're complaining loudly that they're not getting freshly made buns. It's like gimme a break, buddy, order your Big Mac and move the fuck on so the next person behind you can order. 

I never once said nor hinted high end was the majority.  A simple steam survey tells us that isn't the case.

And I'm fine being a snob.  Especially when people are running around claiming a Ford Fiesta is no different than a porsche 911.  

You get what you pay for.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

I never once said nor hinted high end was the majority.  A simple steam survey tells us that isn't the case.

And I'm fine being a snob.  Especially when people are running around claiming a Ford Fiesta is no different than a porsche 911.  

Yeah totally because we all know the most beloved game consoles are always the most powerful and most expensive ... lol. Like say the Atari Jaguar or 3DO over the Super NES. 

Hate to break it to you but the game console industry is generally not driven by hardware performance. Never has been, at this point likely never will be. 

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

Yeah totally because we all know the most beloved game consoles are always the most powerful and most expensive ... lol. Like say the Atari Jaguar or 3DO over the Super NES. 

Hate to break it to you but the game console industry is generally not driven by hardware performance. Never has been, at this point likely never will be. 

Redundant, see the McDonald's post.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

I just hope the S2 is successful.  For starters Nintendo is my favorite developer but also because there is going to be some depressed folks if it doesn't light the world on fire.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED