By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming IPs that you got a late start in and ended up liking and which game got you into them?

Persona 5 and Final Fantasy X come to mind.

Around the Network

The closest I can come up with is the Metroidvania style of Castlevania games. I've been playing Castlevania since it was a brand new game, but I missed Symphony of the Night and the GBA games when they were new. I remember trying a Castlevania on the DS and I just couldn't get into it.

But I tried both Symphony of the Night and Circle of the Moon a few years ago and I love them both. I need to try some of these other Metroidvania style Castlevanias that I've missed.

You were reading my mind when it came to playing these types of castlevania games.  I always was scared to play the Castlevania games on the GBA because they looked to complicated but after reading your comment I might give them a chance. 

The_Liquid_Laser said:

The closest I can come up with is the Metroidvania style of Castlevania games. I've been playing Castlevania since it was a brand new game, but I missed Symphony of the Night and the GBA games when they were new. I remember trying a Castlevania on the DS and I just couldn't get into it.

But I tried both Symphony of the Night and Circle of the Moon a few years ago and I love them both. I need to try some of these other Metroidvania style Castlevanias that I've missed.

BiON!@ 

I still haven't tried Minecraft (other than a demo I have on my PC that I never play) but that whole crafting mechanic is pretty awesome. It's one of my favorite things that a game can implement now. Gathering and crafting to create the ability to gather and craft cooler things, this is my favorite gaming loop these days.