By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FINAL FANTASY VII: REBIRTH COMPLETED - Open Discussion.

Somini said:
Xxain said:

Same here as well. Was anybody else slightly overwhelmed by all the shit Chadley opened up? Holy hell. How do you guys feel about the card game?

It's no Triple Triad, but it's a fun mini game. Easy to learn too, didn't look like it at first.

It certainly ain’t Triple Triad.

It’s better.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
A203D said:

Fortunately, I just happened to have a lot of time off work this last week and the next few weeks so I have plenty of time to delve into it. As of now I have reached Cosmo Canyon which I believe is probably two thirds of the story. I've skipped almost every addtional thing so far, but I think the way they've recreated FF7 is astounding.

There is no doubt this is a 10/10 in terms of quality and content, but I must say I enjoyed the pacing and the balance of Remake more than this one.

Why? A lot of the side stuff you do is not just random shit. They have a purpose. You get tons of bios about the origins of the land and and the cities. 

The only reason I've skipped the side content is because I want to enjoy the main story first then I will do all that stuff on a second playthrough or even new game+.

I agree with you. Even region you visit is a unique biome. I hated Assassin's Creed and The Witcher because exploration was all about finding question marks on the map. Then getting useless loot that has no purpose. I'm glad that this open world is different and its very well designed because each biome has a unique chocobo that allows you to traverse each region differently.

Chadley is the real protagonist of the FF VII Remake Trilogy, you're just playing the secondary characters there :P

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

When will the discussion of chapters 3 and 4 open? I wanted to add a sidenote on my previous comment but that might have to wait even if it's very very mild :P

Mar1217 said:

Chadley is the real protagonist of the FF VII Remake Trilogy, you're just playing the secondary characters there :P

It's in his name. The ultimate Chad.

Around the Network

Personally I just watched someone do a playthrough of the first two chapters to decide if I'd eventually wait for the port on Switch 2(eventually lol).

I'm surprised no one spoke of their experience during the intro scene with Zack.

Didn't think they'd actually put their cards face table !

Mar1217 said:

Personally I just watched someone do a playthrough of the first two chapters to decide if I'd eventually wait for the port on Switch 2(eventually lol).

I'm surprised no one spoke of their experience during the intro scene with Zack.

Yeah... about that, Sony seemingly has console exclusivity for the trilogy. So it's either PC or PS for a long time.

As for the beginning, a lot of people expected two timelines and that stuff on the trailers to be specifically from Zack's timeline. Of course, killing two MCs off at the start might be a bold move, but IDK if SE has the guts after what happened to Avalanche in Remake. Guess I'll have to play the entire game and see :P

haxxiy said:
Mar1217 said:

Yeah... about that, Sony seemingly has console exclusivity for the trilogy. So it's either PC or PS for a long time.

As for the beginning, a lot of people expected two timelines and that stuff on the trailers to be specifically from Zack's timeline. Of course, killing two MCs off at the start might be a bold move, but IDK if SE has the guts after what happened to Avalanche in Remake. Guess I'll have to play the entire game and see :P

Yeah, as of now, the theory of  split realities due to the end of Remake seems indicative of that.

As for FF VII Trilogy being a console exclusive... Heh don't know about it. Do we have official info on such a deal in place ? 

To me it sounds so obvious that SE would want to port it whole to the Switch 2 since the public for the genre is just as there as it is on PS. 

Edit : 

Welp ... It didn't take too long to find the statement but no, the Trilogy as of now isn't confirmed as PS exclusive whole as of now. It was a reporting error.

https://www.eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-7-remake-trilogy-confirmed-as-playstation-console-exclusive#:~:text=Final%20Fantasy%207%20Rebirth%20%2D%20PlayStation,trilogy%20a%20PlayStation%20console%20exclusive.

Nonetheless without knowing the details of any deal, it could just mean the whole thing will come later, which I personally won't mind the wait anyway.

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 06 March 2024

Finally arriving at Chapter 3 at 14 hours after what feels like a journey longer than Vincent's nap time! It's like I've been climbing more stairs than the Shinra Building just to reach this point!! Maybe by Chapter 10, I'll have collected enough Gil to buy out the Gold Saucer and have Sephiroth reconsidering his evil plans for world domination.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Mar1217 said:

Yeah, as of now, the theory of  split realities due to the end of Remake seems indicative of that.

As for FF VII Trilogy being a console exclusive... Heh don't know about it. Do we have official info on such a deal in place ? 

To me it sounds so obvious that SE would want to port it whole to the Switch 2 since the public for the genre is just as there as it is on PS. 

Edit : 

Welp ... It didn't take too long to find the statement but no, the Trilogy as of now isn't confirmed as PS exclusive whole as of now. It was a reporting error.

https://www.eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-7-remake-trilogy-confirmed-as-playstation-console-exclusive#:~:text=Final%20Fantasy%207%20Rebirth%20%2D%20PlayStation,trilogy%20a%20PlayStation%20console%20exclusive.

Nonetheless without knowing the details of any deal, it could just mean the whole thing will come later, which I personally won't mind the wait anyway.

Parts 1 and 2 still are, though, so the point stands. Having just 3 elsewhere would be worse than what happened to Mass Effect and doesn't seem worth it, so I wouldn't be surprised if these deals are getting cheaper with each game.

That being said, running those games on a console that's going to be weaker than a Series S would be... very rough. It's already almost too ambitious for a mere PS5 IMO.