By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance Announced for PlayStation, Switch, Xbox, and PC June 2024

It looks good but they really need to evolve this genre, mature it up and do one where you're in university with a job. Only played Persona but wouldn't it be great if you played as office job workers and had to hold down a business empire while fighting the other world on off hours.

Around the Network

I’ll play for sure maybe not in June but eventually here lol I got some many things to play and very little time

What actually makes this different from the Persona series?

New trailer in glorious 4K/60fps

In this new version of the turn-based RPG, players will be presented with two routes when starting the game. The original Shin Megami Tensei V story route, Canon of Creation, will be selectable alongside the new Canon of Vengeance route, “a dramatic tale of revenge by the fallen.” The plot here will be roughly the same as Canon of Creation before diverging significantly in the latter half with an entirely new outcome.

Last edited by -Adonis- - on 30 May 2024

LegitHyperbole said:

I already answered that the last time you asked.  Don't dictate what a series must-do if you don't even know how it is different than Persona. Go play Nocturne now. SMT is about as M-rated as it gets.

Last edited by Leynos - on 30 May 2024

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I already answered that the last time you asked.  Don't dictate what a series must-do if you don't even know how it is different than Persona. Go play Nocturne now. SMT is about as M-rated as it gets.

The way you described it was a paired back Persona but with more mature themes. There has to be something more since it's so hyped. It's on my list regardless, I just wanna know what the main hook is when there are no social links, time frame and side stuff. 

LegitHyperbole said:
Leynos said:

The way you described it was a paired back Persona but with more mature themes. There has to be something more since it's so hyped. It's on my list regardless, I just wanna know what the main hook is when there are no social links, time frame and side stuff. 

LIke I said. Go play Nocturne. On Switch. PS4. PC. One of the best games ever made. If you want you can also get the Dante from Devil May Cry DLC. 

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
LegitHyperbole said:

LIke I said. Go play Nocturne. On Switch. PS4. PC. One of the best games ever made. If you want you can also get the Dante from Devil May Cry DLC. 

I've added it to my list. Gonna wait for a sale though.

Already pre-ordered it on my side.

Hey SMT fans, I've only played Persona games (which have dropped the SMT branding mostly). Should I start with SMT III or V? III tends to be cheaper since it's a remaster of a PS2 game. I'm playing on PS5, as I haven't played SMT games on Switch or any system in general.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima