By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Banjo Kazooie spiritual successor - Cavern of Dreams announced for Switch

Dulfite said:
Jpcc86 said:

I thought Yooka Laylee was the spiritual successor of BK.

Read up a couple comments lol.

I dont know if I wanna go down that rabbit hole tho. 

Around the Network

Needs more games like this.

I have this wishlisted.

Leynos said:

There is a reason we should not go back to N64 visuals. I get low poly love like Cyber Rush but that's stylish enough it works.

I actually really love the N64 visuals. Ocarina of Time to me looks great, especially Kokiri Forest. Low poly forests in general are my jam. Maybe it's just nostalgia.

Smear-Gel said:
Leynos said:

There is a reason we should not go back to N64 visuals. I get low poly love like Cyber Rush but that's stylish enough it works.

I actually really love the N64 visuals. Ocarina of Time to me looks great, especially Kokiri Forest. Low poly forests in general are my jam. Maybe it's just nostalgia.

I don't think it's just notalgia, lots of people loved and still love games and the graphics from that gen whether they are from N64 or PS1, and to this day some of us still think that Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and several other other games weren't really in need of a remaster or some kind of graphic overhaul, because they were done right and achieved their purpose greatly with those graphics the first time, it went to show how developers could work with those very limited by today standards graphics with great gameplay and deliver classics, the problems when using them to represent something arise in different kind of ways, some say cartoonier characters were the way to go, but we still had shit like bubsy 3D and terrible games based on cartoons like rugrats, southpark, batman, superman, while games with realistic characters like dino crisis, parasite eve, golden eye, perfect dark, Turok and others tried it and the result was still great, silent hill 1 is still a masterpiece for me to this day,

and I for example still prefer how Ocarina N64 looks vs its 3DS remake,

same for Mario 64 vs its NDS counterpart(even though the NDS version has other qualities to it), never liked some of the changes in color palette and designs made in the DS version

but I'm one of those people also thought that graphics like the SNES starfox game

or simulators like this still looked kinda good and stylish