By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation state of play games

Death Stranding 2 looks honestly insane. Graphically and otherwise, I'm in. Too bad 2025. Colab for a new action-espionage game was a nice surprise too.

Other than that Judas looking great, and some new gameplay footage was nice. Shame no release date :/

Really good SOP otherwise, solid B for this show.

Around the Network
hinch said:

Death Stranding 2 looks honestly insane. Graphically and otherwise, I'm in. Too bad 2025. Colab for a new action-espionage game was a nice surprise too.

Other than that Judas looking great, and some new gameplay footage was nice. Shame no release date :/

Really good SOP otherwise, solid B for this show.

Colab for a new action-espionage game is indeed amazing, i hope this Will be in line with Metal Gear games. Also, looks like a movie is also coming.

I rate this at 7.5, no big surprises, but the games look good, ok show.

Silent Hill 2......what a disappointment Capcom has really spoiled us on Survival Horror remakes. With the "in development" message, I'm wondering if it still has a long way off.

Still, insanely hyped for Judas, Death Stranding 2 was a phenomenal presentation, Stellar Blade looks interesting enough, Rise of the Ronin....eh, I want to be excited for it, but it's really not hooking me yet. It'll be a wait and see.

Overall a solid SoP!

Sony and Kojima are in cahoots, and it appears they're not just cooking up a game – they're preparing a gourmet experience with more twists than a spy thriller and more flavor than a secret agent's espresso.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Manlytears said:

Colab for a new action-espionage game is indeed amazing, i hope this Will be in line with Metal Gear games. Also, looks like a movie is also coming.

I rate this at 7.5, no big surprises, but the games look good, ok show.

From the looks and sounds of it; Kojima wants to make a Metal Gear, not Metal Gear game lol. And yeah there were talks of MGS movie rumors milling around; with Oscar Isaac keen to be Snake. Hopefully thats still coming.

Yeah, it was decent and quite entertaining. Nothing major but we shouldn't expect that from a SOP. The big annoucements are usually saved for the Showcases later in the year. But this was a good showing of quality games.

Last edited by hinch - on 31 January 2024

Around the Network

All the games shown look great, I was a little disappointed that Metro was a PSVR 2 game, but it looked fantastic. I'll probably play a good chunk of the games shown. Now we just need to get a peak at some actual first party games, I don't care if the next Naughty Dog, From Software, Bend Studios etc game are 2+ years away show whatever you've got at this point.

I'm surprised Concord wasn't shown! Maybe Sony will have a Summer Showcase of some sort.

Missed the time this was on but looks decent stuff... nothing for me but decent.

The 41% off PS+Extra on the other hand.

Hmm, pie.

Death Stranding 2 and Judas looking great. 2025 will be fire.

Smells like an acquisition of Shift Up from Sony if Stellar Blade delivers.