By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games did you dislike initially that you ended up loving?

Louie said:

Persona 4: Golden on PS Vita for me.
I heard great things about the game and bought my Vita in part to play P4G. Played for a few hours but was totally confused by the dungeon crawling aspect. Every floor looked the same to me, the game was pretty hard for someone without much JRPG experience and when you died inside a dungeon you lost a lot of progress. I hated it. Gave it another try a year or two after that and got a little further into the game, but again stopped playing.

Then Persona 5 released on Switch and I absolutely loved that game, so I gave P4G another chance when it released on Switch. And what can I say? It turned into one of my favorite games of all time. I loved it, even more than I loved Persona 5. I think I've never felt so close to video game characters my whole life. The game really touched me on an emotional level. Those friends I made in Inaba were... special. It reminded me of my time as a teenager. I like the message it conveys: that it is important to find and then follow your own path through life. I hope it gets a proper remake some day, like P3 will be getting soon.

Wow, we've had a similar experience with Persona it seems lol. I initially bought P4G on Vita back in 2015 or 2016 and didn't like it. Persona 5 was released a couple of years later and I was enamored by it. I had sold my Vita at that point so I wasn't able to go back and play P4G until Atlus finally decided to bring it to Steam and I loved it nearly as much as I did P5. Then I just had to go back and play Persona 3 (played FES) and it ended up becoming my favorite game of the three surprisingly (would have thought the oldest game would be my least favorite when I was heading into it). 

Around the Network

Minesweeper. It took me forever to learn how to play when I was a child.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Re7 - hated if first because It became first person camera,

Regretted not buying it day one coz I'm a resi fan!

The bakers made me laugh instead of scared I had a blast with re7.

Code vein - the trailers looks iffy at first but when I tried the demo I got hooked,

Played the demo for like 20 hours and then ended up platinuming the game,

I think I did the coop trophy 200+ times grind I think that was before the update lol.

The Witcher 3 - I had open world rpg fatigue after just finishing dragon age inqui,
Came.back to it and did all side quest

82% on trophies and after spending 50 hours on Gwent still haven't collected all the cards haha

code Sword Master Story

Last edited by davidtung - on 04 March 2024

Splatoon. Did not like the demo but now it's one of my top 3-4 Nintendo franchises.

Around the Network

Souls. Hates the series until I learned how to play it. Now it is my second favorite franchise.