By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

Chrkeller said:

I love how the world has known for over a year Biden wasn't mentally fit and the liberal party is just now figuring it out.

It never should have gotten this far.

The point is they acknowledged it. The world has also known it about Trump’s cognitive decline for about a decade and the Republican base still hasn’t figured it out, or isn’t intelligent enough to recognize it.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 11 July 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

I love how the world has known for over a year Biden wasn't mentally fit and the liberal party is just now figuring it out.

The thing is, Biden is still 100x the candidate of Trump. 

Chrkeller said:

Chrkeller said:

And Biden calling the Ukraine leader "president Putin" is just amazing. That will help convince people Biden was just "tired" during the debate.

One issue is literally everyone has moments like that. 

Everyone has moments where they misspeak. How many times have parents mixed up their own kid's names? 

The problem is when it stops being moments, and starts being a constant thing. Biden has had plenty of competent conferences in between his flubs. But that seems like it's becoming less and less common.  

The second issue is not that people thought that Biden was healthy, but rather that they believe that Trump was worse.  

Trump has on many occasions gotten people's names wrong. 

A new Reuters/Ipsos poll shows that 78% of respondents - including 71% of Democrats - think Biden is too old to work in government.

Most Democrats were concerned about his age at least 5 months ago.

Farsala said:

What can I say? Focusing on your own career is indeed selfish. And there is nothing wrong with that. But it is what it is.

Because my career involves saving lives, it's selfish to put that first?

What kind of logic is that?

Wouldn't it be selfish if I had kids, died on the job (Which is a possibility) and never came home?

Farsala said:

Women who focus on their own education and career instead of their husband's is indeed more selfish. But again there is nothing wrong with that. I am not saying it is a particularly bad thing.

That is extremely sexist.
Women don't exist to serve man.
I would argue it is SELFISH if men demand women to focus on them. It's also narcissistic.

Women are their own people with their own ambitions.

Farsala said:

Women Who had to give up everything for their family at a ripe young age are the most selfless. Same thing with men but in a completely different way.

They made that assessment and determined it was the most appropriate course of action at the time.

Women aren't just breeders... This isn't the 1800's anymore where women are expected to stay at home and raise children, men can do it as well.
It's not about anyone being selfish, times have simply changed, anyone who thinks women need to stay at home to raise children, need to pull their head out and  grow up.

In-fact I would argue the most productive and HEALTHY relationships/households are when both partners work TOGETHER to raise a child and look after the home, responsibilities can be shared... And should be shared.

rapsuperstar31 said:

When Russia conquers England, and Trump laughs about not helping his ext NATO partners good luck.

This fear mongering doesn't do any good.
Russia's war machine has been showcased to be rather inadequate on the world stage, it's giving Ukraine a hard time, but it would be a far different story once someone like Germany, Britain, France or Italy get threatened, the technological superiority is a night and day difference.

Chrkeller said:

Everyone knew that Biden stumbles a fair bit, but he does still hold the necessary core values.

It's also a race between a criminal who conducted fraud and someone who is inept.
I would take the individual who is inept.

Feel for the USA when out of 330~ million people, $29 trillion dollar economy... These are literally the two best choices you get.
I thought we had it bad with SCOMO, but the USA like always... Needs to try and out-do everyone.

You guys win.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

the-pi-guy said:

I think at this point, Biden needs to drop out. Doesn't matter if he's competent 95% of the time, or even if he's always more competent than Trump. I don't think it matters any more if the issue is getting overblown or not.  

There's a huge decrease in faith in Biden.  

I have said this before in this thread. There's no time for him to drop out now, and for the Dems to agree on a new candidate.

The Republican convention starts next Monday.  The Democratic convention starts on Monday, August 19, a little over a month from now.

Around the Network

Oh, and here are my final 2 picks for Trump's VP going into the convention: JD Vance or Tim Scott. Let's see if my crystal ball is any good.

LurkerJ said:
BFR said:

Look, years ago I realized that no matter who won the POTUS election, my life would be no different.

This election year, my major issue is aid to Ukraine, and on that one, I would vote for Biden (and I have always been a Reagan Republican) if I decide to go out and vote versus staying home, getting drunk, and watching the results pour in. Nov. is a long ways away.

Also, I challenge anyone in this forum to explain to all of us how your life would be different if Trump won or if Biden won. Mine would be no different.

I'm not sure how you can follow the Ukraine war closely and still ask this question, genuinely curious where are you coming from?

I didn't mind Trump winning in 2016, he was either a person who couldn't be bought and actually delivered on his campaign, or he was going to be a liar, and this would result in a more people friendly Democratic party, unlike the one that we've seen during the Obama era, I think the latter has, somewhat, happened.

What I haven't anticipated though is the fact that Trump's base would never change their mind about him even though he failed on every single prom he made, engages in election denials, and paved the way for an abortion ban around the country, yet, not lose the support. The conservatives have completely flopped in recent elections in the UK because they didn't deliver but they promised, why isn't this happening to Trump is beyond me. 

Look, I have 2 best friends who are 100% MAGA, and it pains me to not talk to them in this election cycle. But, at the end of the day, if Trump wins in November, then my life is still the same.  I feel sorry for Ukraine, as they will lose the war to Russia if Trump wins in November.

That presser was way better than I expected but I'm not sure if I'm happy about that...

Jumpin said:
Chrkeller said:

The point is they acknowledged it. The world has also known it about Trump’s cognitive decline for about a decade and the Republican base still hasn’t figured it out, or isn’t intelligent enough to recognize it.

Like it or not, Biden can't beat Trump in 2024.  Biden was a terrible pick and the fact people are just know figuring it out is laughable.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

sundin13 said:
Chrkeller said:

The thing is, Biden is still 100x the candidate of Trump. 

Not according to polls.  Your opinion doesn't get someone elected.  It feels like liberals didn't take trump seriously..... again.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED