By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Palworld has sold over 5 million copies in just 3 days

Normally, I would be on the copy right infringement ban wagon, but because it's ripping Pokémon, I will support it wholeheartedly.

Anything to wake the complacent, lazy, Game Freak up.

Around the Network

I would have never imagined a new Catch'em All game getting this much traction, that alone coming from an unknown developer and as an early access. I hope this makes The Pokémon Co. take stock and dedicate more time and resources into their titles, but this did not happen back when Youkai Watch had a decent shot of becoming the new Pokemon, I doubt anything will happen here.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I still maintain that Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is the best non-Pokémon game ever

Not only is it a turn-based RPG, but catching and leveling up all your Monsties (dumb name) is nearly identical to Pokémon and like I did in some of the older Pokémon games, I spent hours and hours hatching eggs in MHS2. You even had eggs that glowed to indicate a more powerful Monstie.

MHS2 is more Pokémon than Palworld will ever be.

Chrkeller said:

I got no idea.  Works on my kids laptop with a 3050 mobile.  Won't work with my desktop 4090.  

Which driver version are you using? I'm on 545.92 and no issues. I'd also check if .NET Framework is up to date.

It’s been updated to 7m units sold in 5 days.

It seems that is a better pokemon game than the original pokemon.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Chrkeller said:

I got no idea.  Works on my kids laptop with a 3050 mobile.  Won't work with my desktop 4090.  

Which driver version are you using? I'm on 545.92 and no issues. I'd also check if .NET Framework is up to date.

Windows says it is the most recent driver.  Thing is all my other games work great.  I've never seen this issue.  Seems Palworld specific.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

haxxiy said:
Chrkeller said:

Shit.  I installed ready now drivers.  Works!  Never heard of ready now drivers but hey, it works. I owe you my friend!  Thank you!!!

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Apparently the 7 million figure is Steam only lol. It'll probably hit at least 30 million lifetime if it gets released on Playstation. A Switch/Switch 2 version would add a few million more copies if Nintendo allows it.

I don't know what's going on in planet earth but... a (Japanese?) game that a gaming nerd like me didn't hear a thing about is selling like a top Nintendo game.... on a single platform. Just... how?

I think this will be one of those comet-type titles that sell insane numbers, and then drop off into oblivion and becomes a distant memory. We'll see, but it has all the makings. Or, it could be the new Minecraft, who the hell knows. Regardless, it's not something that entices me in the slightest.

Mummelmann said:

I think this will be one of those comet-type titles that sell insane numbers, and then drop off into oblivion and becomes a distant memory. We'll see, but it has all the makings. Or, it could be the new Minecraft, who the hell knows. Regardless, it's not something that entices me in the slightest.

The crazy part is that even if it were to fall 99% from its peak like Among Us or Fall Guys (which had very different gameplay loops), it would still be a top 50 ongoing Steam game at least the size of Ark, Cyberpunk 2077, or Destiny 2.